Page 5 of 19 [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 5:30 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
... ... ...

You & i might have much more in common than we could imagined...Emotional Reciprocity is of utmost importance to me as well...And this is where my beloved (Aspie) husband has failed me repeatedly...However, he keeps getting better...Did you read my post yesterday about his gift to me???...A black teddy bear, a heart-shape box of chocolates and a bouquet of my favorite flowers...I wanted to cry tears of joy, because his show of affection made me so happy... :D :heart: :wink:

Post Script: Best wishes to you... :heart: :heart: :heart:

I hope that he even knows about your whishes. You should let him know if you are craving for his affection. People with Asperger's are sometimes very unaware of that. So don't expect him to recognizing your needs always but lean on on him yourself just to let him know. Tell him that you need that and want that of him once you are down and need some hold. If it comes to me then I never had a need of being comforted by a hug. How to become aware of the needs of others then? But of course it's a cute thing to do towards the one you love once she needs that feeling of security and being loved.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 4:29 am

it reminds me, i sometimes get bitter or have resentful feelings whenever i see teen couples and early 20s couples, because those are the years i wish i got to experience having a girlfriend the most, i feel it will always be a forever permanent scar, wound mentally, emotionally, that i didn't have a high school romance.

Even though people will always say there is no age-cap or age-limit on love or dating, i do sometimes get irritated when people say that though, more than likely, those people grew up having a normal dating life.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 4:39 am

hurtloam wrote:
60 isn't the drop off point for becoming decrepit. I know quite active people in their 60s and 70s, disease free.

Of course it's a personal decision.

sexually active? because i feel i have been led to believe, that people are the most sexually-active in their 20s more than any other decade in their life, that the quality of sex declines with age

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 8:24 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
60 isn't the drop off point for becoming decrepit. I know quite active people in their 60s and 70s, disease free.

sexually active? because i feel i have been led to believe, that people are the most sexually-active in their 20s more than any other decade in their life, that the quality of sex declines with age

... ... ...

I apologize in advance for intruding...The above is only partly true...Young men do reach their sexual peak in their twenties...However, this is NOT the case for women...Women in general reach their sexual peak in their thirties...

Having said this, one should keep in mind that couples in their 70's who are relatively healthy may still enjoy sex...And so-o-o much more than teenagers, considering the special bond they have...Because the sexual act is enhanced by the level of intimacy of the couple...The sexual act is highly emotional in the NT world...This is why an attachment is almost inevitable among so-called 'friends-with-benefits'...In brief, though sexual dysfunction may occur with age due to health issues, at the same time, the level and quality of intimacy increases with time...

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 12:45 am

Clueless2017 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

... ... ...

I apologize in advance for intruding...The above is only partly true...Young men do reach their sexual peak in their twenties...However, this is NOT the case for women...Women in general reach their sexual peak in their thirties...

Having said this, one should keep in mind that couples in their 70's who are relatively healthy may still enjoy sex...And so-o-o much more than teenagers, considering the special bond they have...Because the sexual act is enhanced by the level of intimacy of the couple...The sexual act is highly emotional in the NT world...This is why an attachment is almost inevitable among so-called 'friends-with-benefits'...In brief, though sexual dysfunction may occur with age due to health issues, at the same time, the level and quality of intimacy increases with time...

ya because i have heard sometimes that people can still have the sex drive or libido, staminia, of a teenager or 20-something person, in middle-ages or above. I hope that is true.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 10:42 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Also too late to have a child too, as another example of “too late”. I am 38 already, and the age gap between me and the first hypothetical child would be too big already, and that’s very unfair for the child for many reasons, one of them is losing energy from my side.

When I was born, my father was 42 and my mother was 39. I don't recall ever resenting that fact.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 1:38 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Also too late to have a child too, as another example of “too late”. I am 38 already, and the age gap between me and the first hypothetical child would be too big already, and that’s very unfair for the child for many reasons, one of them is losing energy from my side.

When I was born, my father was 42 and my mother was 39. I don't recall ever resenting that fact.

They were both too old to start it.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 2:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why? It's up to the ones who do only and not to the one who have mental problems with that. I had read somewhere that the children are sometimes even aging a bit slower in such cases what's rather a nice thing for them. But may be you can share your deep insight why they have been to old if they had a healthy baby and long enough to live to care for it until it's adult ...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 7:04 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why? It's up to the ones who do only and not to the one who have mental problems with that. I had read somewhere that the children are sometimes even aging a bit slower in such cases what's rather a nice thing for them. But may be you can share your deep insight why they have been to old if they had a healthy baby and long enough to live to care for it until it's adult ...

By the time the child is 18, the dad is 60 already, by the time he’s 30... he would be 72.

I dunno, but that increases the likelihood of missing out witnessing milestone events in the adult child’s life; like their wedding or seeing their grandchildren for instance, also the less years I can fairly support the child, right?

The older the parent is when having a child the more it increases exponentially the likelihood of missing out those experiences, maybe even earlier milestones than wedding and grandchild. And more importantly the less years to support them.

For me personally, I don’t think it’s gonna even happen at 42 - I am already 39 with no partner prospect at all - with all the pandemic and financial crisis going on here I highly doubt it is possible anytime soon (and vaccination isn’t happening fast here, like in most 3rd world, it estimated to finish by 2023)
Besides I don’t think it’s wise to pop up a child within the first year of marriage like many couples do; there should be at least a couple of years of childless marriage.

So for me, realistically, It can’t happen before... 45-47, that If I find someone - is it worth it anymore by then?

Strange, I have repeated this point in WP few times snd every time there are members telling me that X had child at age Y.... as if you guys don’t believe that there’s any age limit for being too late of doing certain things in life.

That’s not realistic, fellas, the “too late” is a real thing for everything in life, and it is getting closer, and yes men have a biological clock too, especially those who don’t have high T.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 7:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

By the time the child is 18, the dad is 60 already, by the time he’s 30... he would be 72.

I dunno, but that increases the likelihood of missing out witnessing milestone events in the adult child’s life; like their wedding or seeing their grandchildren for instance, also the less years I can fairly support the child, right? ...

Nope. Most people have children at younger ages then 30 so they likely see also their grandchildren but possibly no great-grandchildren. But that's not even a thing. Elder people are usually better if it comes to support their children because they have more stable positions in life and on average a higher income. There are no warranties how long people live either. A growing number of people in western countries have children at ages above thirty today. I don't see a big problem with that even if it has it's pitfalls regarding the possibility of having children at all. I don't see big problems as long as they have children in a natural way because the fertility sets natural limits either and most people live long enough afterwards to care also for their last children.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 4:44 am

quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I dunno, but that increases the likelihood of missing out witnessing milestone events in the adult child’s life; like their wedding or seeing their grandchildren for instance, also the less years I can fairly support the child, right? ...

Nope. Most people have children at younger ages then 30 so they likely see also their grandchildren but possibly no great-grandchildren. But that's not even a thing. Elder people are usually better if it comes to support their children because they have more stable positions in life and on average a higher income. There are no warranties how long people live either. A growing number of people in western countries have children at ages above thirty today. I don't see a big problem with that even if it has it's pitfalls regarding the possibility of having children at all. I don't see big problems as long as they have children in a natural way because the fertility sets natural limits either and most people live long enough afterwards to care also for their last children.

There's around 10+ years difference between just above 30 and above 40.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 6:41 am

I don’t believe in “sexual peaks” or whatever...

I’d rather have someone not at their supposed “peak” who is a great lover—than someone at their supposed “peak” who has no idea about making love.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:00 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I dunno, but that increases the likelihood of missing out witnessing milestone events in the adult child’s life; like their wedding or seeing their grandchildren for instance, also the less years I can fairly support the child, right?

The older the parent is when having a child the more it increases exponentially the likelihood of missing out those experiences, maybe even earlier milestones than wedding and grandchild. And more importantly the less years to support them.

For me personally, I don’t think it’s gonna even happen at 42 - I am already 39 with no partner prospect at all - with all the pandemic and financial crisis going on here I highly doubt it is possible anytime soon (and vaccination isn’t happening fast here, like in most 3rd world, it estimated to finish by 2023)
Besides I don’t think it’s wise to pop up a child within the first year of marriage like many couples do; there should be at least a couple of years of childless marriage.

So for me, realistically, It can’t happen before... 45-47, that If I find someone - is it worth it anymore by then?

Strange, I have repeated this point in WP few times snd every time there are members telling me that X had child at age Y.... as if you guys don’t believe that there’s any age limit for being too late of doing certain things in life.

That’s not realistic, fellas, the “too late” is a real thing for everything in life, and it is getting closer, and yes men have a biological clock too, especially those who don’t have high T.

If you don't have kids at all you miss out on everything, not just some things. I'm playing devils advocate, I don't want kids at this age either. But I don't think that's the best argument.

My Mum resented having older parents. She was born when they were in their mid-40s. The generation gap was huge. They were the war generation and she was the first year of Gen X. Completely different outlooks on things.

But they did live to see all the important milestones.

I suppose it depends on the average life expectancy in our own countries.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:40 am

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
quite an extreme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

If you don't have kids at all you miss out on everything, not just some things. I'm playing devils advocate, I don't want kids at this age either. But I don't think that's the best argument.

My Mum resented having older parents. She was born when they were in their mid-40s. The generation gap was huge. They were the war generation and she was the first year of Gen X. Completely different outlooks on things.

But they did live to see all the important milestones.

I suppose it depends on the average life expectancy in our own countries.

Yup, the generational gap is a one more issue.

Overall, it gets worse in everything the more the age gap is bigger.

Quote:
If you don't have kids at all you miss out on everything, not just some things.

Yup, but this kind of thinking would very selfish.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:17 am

I'm 60.

Millennials think I'm pretty hip :P

dorkseid
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 9:06 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Elder people are usually better if it comes to support their children because they have more stable positions in life and on average a higher income.

I'm 39. I don't have a career. I still make under $20K. I don't own a home or any other assets. I don't have any savings. Being older does not mean I'm more financially secure.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t believe in “sexual peaks” or whatever...

I’d rather have someone not at their supposed “peak” who is a great lover—than someone at their supposed “peak” who has no idea about making love.

I'm far past my sexual peek, and I don't have any sexual experience or know what I'm doing.

I'm the worst of both worlds. On both accounts.