Dodge City mayor resigns due to anti-mask threats

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2020, 7:01 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-mayor-received-so-many-threats-after-supporting-a-mask-mandate-that-she-resigned-expressing-concerns-for-her-safety/ar-BB1bYVVs?ref=theprepping-com+%22+target

It’s Kansas, what do you expect?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 8:03 am

"Both sides!!"

How long is this going to go on for? Because these threats of violence against elected officials are not going to go away once the pandemic ends. This is the new normal for these kinds of people.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 8:19 am

Wow, how 'wild west' can you get.

Found this article in the Dodge City newspaper, it tells a bit about what is to be done to get a new mayor,
https://www.dodgeglobe.com/story/news/l ... 913222001/

Yep, society does, or at least certain elements of it do, seem to be a bit loony lately,

Quote:
Warshaw said she feels her life has been threatened and reasoned that it is because she finds society to be unpredictable at this point.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 10:27 am

Imagine if this had happened when Sam Brownback was governor, or if Kris Kobach were governor. They would throw the anti-mask death threat-makers a huge parade.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2020, 9:03 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Imagine if this had happened when Sam Brownback was governor, or if Kris Kobach were governor. They would throw the anti-mask death threat-makers a huge parade.

I left Kansas because of the many bad policies of Brownback. He was a joke of a governor. Nothing like going from a billion + dollar surplus to a negative two billion in the time he was there. He robbed higher education and the KDOT to try to fix his budgets. It will take Kansas decades to fix the damage that he did. He still wants to move up the political ladder. I see him as a cheap knockoff of Trump.

There are parts of Kansas that truly still believe it is the Wild West. Dodge City is one of those places. They want to go back to those olden glory days, not move forward from them. It is a very racist place from my own experiences. I got very tired of that type of mentality. Maybe they might change someday, but it will likely not be in my lifetime.