Who is the most evil person in world history?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who do you think that is?
Adolf Hitler 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Joseph Stalin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pol Pot 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Idi Amin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mao Zedong 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Genghis Khan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vlad Dracula 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Heinrich Himmler 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 10:10 pm

My choice? Zedong, he was essentially Stalin with a far greater magnitude in killing his own people. The so-called great leap forward was a Holocaust style genocide that used something even worse then gas, utter horrific starvation. On his own people - those who were merely poor. That is why I think he is even worse then Hitler. He implicitly targeted the those in poverty or low-tier socioeconomic status under the purported virtue of Chinese Communism.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm

Another "whose holocaust was the worst?" debate. Whoooopeeeee.

Part of the problem is its peaches to pears. Comparing Stalin to Hitler is like comparing dengue fever to cancer, or either to the bubonic plague, or to alzheimers. You cant compare. you just know that you wouldnt want any of the four.

You could go by the dictator's body count.

But then you would have to take into account the...body count relative to the population size that the dictator had control over. And then THAT relative to the length of time the dictator was in power.

Mao had the highest body count. But he ruled the largest population sized nation, and ruled it for a longer time than most everyone else on the list. Stalin and Mao ruled vast continental sized nations. Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini ruled middle sized nations, but nations that managed to seize control of continental sized regions of the planet by force of arms for brief periods during WWII. But only for brief periods.

Idi Amin, Vlad Dracula, and Pol Pot, never controlled more than small countries with small population sizes. But still managed to murder a lot of people.

If I had to pick I would say Hitler: because he is the only one who started a world war (the 60 million plus deaths in WWII could be added to the 11 million victims of his concentration camp system). Further, if he had won the war he likely would have continued to commit other vast genocides. And Hitler gets bonus points for the general grotesqueness of his creation of an industry of genocide. Subjective yes. But ya know. Points for style.

At second place I would say Pol Pot. He killed the most relative to the small population size of the one country he ruled, and gets added grotesqueness points for creating a unique industry of genocide similar to that of Hitler.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 11:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Another "whose holocaust was the worst?" debate. Whoooopeeeee.

Part of the problem is its peaches to pears. Comparing Stalin to Hitler is like comparing dengue fever to cancer, or either to the bubonic plague, or to alzheimers. You cant compare. you just know that you wouldnt want any of the four.

You could go by the dictator's body count.

But then you would have to take into account the...body count relative to the population size that the dictator had control over. And then THAT relative to the length of time the dictator was in power.

Mao had the highest body count. But he ruled the largest population sized nation, and ruled it for a longer time than most everyone else on the list. Stalin and Mao ruled vast continental sized nations. Hitler, Tojo, and Mussolini ruled middle sized nations, but nations that managed to seize control of continental sized regions of the planet by force of arms for brief periods during WWII. But only for brief periods.

Idi Amin, and Pol Pot, never controlled more than small countries with small population sizes. But still managed to murder a lot of people.

If I had to pick I would say Hitler: because he is the only one who started a world war (the 60 million plus deaths in WWII could be added to the 11 million victims of his concentration camp system). Further, if he had won the war he likely would have continued to commit other vast genocides. And Hitler gets bonus points for the general grotesqueness of his creation of an industry of genocide. Subjective yes. But ya know. Points for style.

At second place I would say Pol Pot. He killed the most relative to the small population size of the one country heruled, and gets added grotesqueness points for creating a unique industry of genocide similar to that of Hitler.

Consider the following:

- Philosophical nature of genocide (whether there is a driving ideology that augments the dictators action, with worse moral consequences)

- Implicit or explicit genocide. What I mean by this is whether there is a driving principle or ideology that can clearly be derived from the said action of the person, and the nature of 'targeting' a certain group of people or none specifically at all.

- Technically speaking a higher body count, and evil intentions ascribed to the evil acts would make the said person more evil in comparison.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 5:24 am

By body count, it would likely be Mao.

The estimated death toll for the Greap Leap Forward alone (36 - 45 million) is equivalent to 3+ Holocausts.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 6:11 am

Hitler.

Everything he did was out of hate.

At least with state communism & its totalitarianism, you have a hope of equality going on.

At least with Cromwell who I'd say was the greatest evil my ancestors ever faced, you have piety going on.

With Hitler, he was driven by hatred alone.

Closest thing to Satan we've had on earth so far.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 10:39 am

I will go with naturalplastic’s #1 and #2 for naturalplastic’s reasons.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 10:48 am

KT67 wrote:
Hitler.

Every culture fighting another culture seems to have a reason for hated.

So, Hitler seems normal in that respect.

Be the hero of your life.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 10:59 am

I guess from my point of view it would be Judas Iscariot. Not so much for what he did but rather what he will do in the future. After all he went by the title "Son of Perdition".

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 11:08 am

What about people who push cigarettes (cancer sticks)?

"very year, tobacco cigarettes kill more than 8 million people worldwide; with 1.2 million of those being non-smokers dying as the result of exposure to second-hand smoke"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette

then there's the "nicotine addiction" aspect

Be the hero of your life.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 11:35 am

I think you mean Prince Vlad Tepes, also known as Vlad the Impaler. He committed some pretty horrible atrocities defending his country from the invading Turks. Aside from impaling his enemies, he also had a huge cauldron constructed with holes where heads could be inserted. (I don't have to tell you what happened next.)

Prince Vlad is still regarded a hero in Romania to this day. And they have no love for Bram Stoker.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 11:44 am

jimmy m wrote:
I guess from my point of view it would be Judas Iscariot. Not so much for what he did but rather what he will do in the future. After all he went by the title "Son of Perdition".

What are you talking about?

Judas betrayed Christ. But he is not prophesied to come back and do other bad stuff in the future. Unless I missed that part of the Bible.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 11:53 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

"very year, tobacco cigarettes kill more than 8 million people worldwide; with 1.2 million of those being non-smokers dying as the result of exposure to second-hand smoke"

Here is the fateful phone conversation in which it all happened!

Yeah. I didnt know that they had phones in the Sixteenth century either! Learn sumpin everyday! :D

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 2:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

Yeah. I didnt know that they had phones in the Sixteenth century either! Learn sumpin everyday! :D

I can't tell if you are merely being sarcastic or downright ignorant of the history of the telephone.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 2:58 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Hitler.

Every culture fighting another culture seems to have a reason for hated.

So, Hitler seems normal in that respect.

Reading Mein Kampf, he didn't.

It was pure racial hatred.

He specifically mentioned Jews being able to 'avoid' pogroms in the past by converting and how he didn't trust/like that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 5:30 pm

Deltaville wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

[/youtube]

I can't tell if you are merely being sarcastic or downright ignorant of the history of the telephone.

I apologize for letting my sense of humor drift too far into neurotypical country.

Didnt mean to confuse. :roll:

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 5:32 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

[/youtube]

I apologize for letting my sense of humor drift too far into neurotypical country.

Didnt mean to confuse. :roll:

Apology accepted.