The outcome in this movie was more loving than typical 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The outcome in this movie was typical 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The outcome in this movie was less loving than typical 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 2:55 pm

I didn't have a chance to watch the whole movie (although its available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk_3s_puOEE ), but I watched an ending and its kind of intrigued me. In particular I saw how when Edmond first met bubba in prison, the bubba commanded him "get on my body" and threatened to kill him if he refused. But then, later down the road, the two of them embrace in a rather loving manner. Do you think it was an unusual outcome, or do you think its typically what happens?

For example I heard that if we take non-sexual violence, then sometimes victims can actually side with the criminal (as in, defend the criminal against the cops) which is really a defense mechanism: because if a victim can convince themselves that they like what the criminal is doing then they won't feel as much hurt by it. And, just like it happens in case of non-sexual crimes, it might happen in case of rape too. Rape victims might have defense mechanism going on that would convince them they are in love with their rapist. Or the victims of gay rape might develop same sex attraction. Of course this does not justify rape by any means since its not true love, its pathological defense mechanism. But that's the phenomenon that I heard.

And this leads me back to the question. Do you think the outcome that we see in that movie is actually a typical outcome of prison rape, or do you think its more loving than that? Please share your thoughts!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2020, 6:54 pm

QFT wrote:
Do you think the outcome that we see in that movie is actually a typical outcome of prison rape, or do you think its more loving than that? Please share your thoughts!

I don't think that anyone on WP knows what a "typical" outcome of prison rape is. The details of prison rape are not widely known nor openly discussed as far as I'm aware.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 6:34 am

It doesn’t happen that way in real life.

It’s a ridiculous ending.

I wouldn’t waste my time watching this crap.