Eric Clapton and Van Morrison release anti-lockdown song

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 10:10 pm

It appears that Clapton and Morrison are opposed only to the lockdown, not mask usage.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 9:29 am

Sylkat wrote:
People who know that they have influence should be using that influence to help people, to educate people;
Discouraging self-protection is going to hurt/sicken/kill people.
Knowingly.
You have identified the Trump Effect.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 11:57 am

Hang in there, only 29 days to go.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 8:19 pm

Referring to Tim-Tex’s post;
Masks need to be worn; the higher the filtration the better.
The reason the lockdown is necessary is because of those who Will NOT wear any facial covering, masks, gaiters, scarves, bandannas, nothing And because of those who remove or misuse masks once inside of a store or other occupied building.
Every day I pass at least one person wearing the mask BELOW the nose!
The virus lives in the sinus passages!
Not just in the lungs and bronchial tubes!
The fewer the number of people in a store, office building, etc, the more able management/security can control the situation; ‘Wear your mask correctly, or leave’

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 8:28 pm

My daughter works in a barber shop in northern Cali and people are told they must wear a mask that goes around the ears , no gaiters ,bandannas ,etc because those have to be removed for a haircut.People still try to wear them.Some clients get indignant when they are told that beard trims and shaves are not going to happen.
They don’t seem to care that they might give the person working there or other clients covid.They just care about their looks.
She wears a N95 mask,a face shield ,and a jumpsuit when she’s working.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 2:04 am

Sylkat wrote:
Referring to Tim-Tex’s post;
Masks need to be worn; the higher the filtration the better.
The reason the lockdown is necessary is because of those who Will NOT wear any facial covering, masks, gaiters, scarves, bandannas, nothing And because of those who remove or misuse masks once inside of a store or other occupied building.
Every day I pass at least one person wearing the mask BELOW the nose!
The virus lives in the sinus passages!
Not just in the lungs and bronchial tubes!
The fewer the number of people in a store, office building, etc, the more able management/security can control the situation; ‘Wear your mask correctly, or leave’

So the lockdown is happening because of people refusing to wear masks. I thought it was because of the virus spreading again.

Well well well, the non mask wearers have ruined it for everyone so we have a reason to hate them. :P

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 11:58 pm

I don’t hate them, I AM angry and afraid.
By not wearing masks or distancing, they are exposing themselves.
By walking around as usual, sidewalks all the time, stores when they remove/lower their masks, they are exposing others.
It cannot be over-empathized that many people are found to have had Covid but experienced few mild symptoms.
Those that they live/associate with/come into contact with are not guaranteed a mild case, however.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2021, 12:32 am

Van Morrison sued by North Ireland health minister

Quote:
“Moondance” singer and COVID lockdown critic Van Morrison is being sued for defamation after calling Northern Ireland’s health minister “a fraud” and alleging the public servant’s positions on pandemic control were “very dangerous.”

The suit is based on three incidents in which the 76-year-old crooner allegedly maligned the 50-year-old health official. One of those occasions occurred in Belfast, where Morrison was born, after a show there was called off in June on account of virus restrictions.

Swann has called claims made by the singer, also known as Sir George Ivan Morrison, “bizarre and irresponsible” while challenging him to bring forth facts to make his case with regards to the pandemic. A lawyer for Swann reportedly said the proceedings were in an “advanced stage” and would likely be heard in a courtroom early in the new year.”

The Grammy winning “Brown Eyed Girl” singer launched a legal challenge against Northern Ireland’s restrictions on live music venues at the start of 2021, which he dropped in August.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman