Eric Clapton and Van Morrison release anti-lockdown song

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 12:45 pm

AVClub

Quote:
As the United States faces its worst COVID-19 numbers yet and U.K. prime minster Boris Johnson cancels everyone’s Christmas travels in light of a “new variant” of coronavirus that is more contagious, Eric Clapton and Van Morrison have decided the timing is right to release a song raging against the stay-at-home orders leaders have put in place in the effort to slow the spread of the disease and save lives. “Do you want to be a free man,” Clapton sings. “Or do you want to be a slave?”

Worse yet, Morrison and Clapton seem to be buying into conspiracy theories that the worlds’ governments are somehow participating in an organized plot to overplay the seriousness of the pandemic in order to exert their power: “Stand and deliver / You let them put the fear on you / Stand and deliver / But not a word you heard was true.” (We’re not above a good conspiracy theory, we just don’t have enough faith in politicians that they’d be able to pull something like that off effectively.)

This is actually the fourth anti-lockdown Morrison has released in recent months. This is actually the fourth anti-lockdown Morrison has released in recent months. Beginning in September, the artist released “Born to Be Free,” “As I Walked Out,” and “No More Lockdown”—with all proceeds going to Morrison’s Lockdown Financial Hardship Fund, which helps musicians facing difficulties as a result of the coronavirus and resulting lockdown measures.

It’s a noble cause, but man do they make it hard to support the effort.

This gives new meaning to the old saying “Clapton is God”.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 2:28 pm

Covid exists.
The death toll is enormous.
Me Clapton and Mr Morrison are doing deadly harm, encouraging further disobedience to rules that were designed to limit the spread.
Numerous people are refusing to wear masks, refusing to distance, are continuing to socialize as before, in and out of each other’s homes, exposing everyone in there.
These 2 men are going to hurt/kill people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 3:35 pm

Mses. Clapton and Morrison are now dead to me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 4:24 pm

Let it be known once and for all:

Bruce Springsteen > Eric Clapton.

It's settled.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 4:25 pm

I think Seth Putnam has a song about Eric Clapton. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 7:01 pm

Maybe they have dementia.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 7:22 pm

Viva Revolution!! !

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 7:48 pm

When people FINALLY acknowledged that there was a new, deadly, sexually-transmitted disease, after AIDS had killed a LOT of people, men started wearing condoms.
Women began insisting.
Lives were saved.
Many, many sexual encounters were between people who were not carrying that disease and would have MUCH preferred that a condom were not used, but they used their common sense.
Better safe than sorry.
Or sick.
Or dead.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 7:56 pm

A tisket, a tasket,
A mask or a casket.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 8:09 pm

Dear MissLizard,
You should put that on a t-shirt!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 8:13 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dear MissLizard,
You should put that on a t-shirt!

I can’t really claim credit for it.Years ago when AIDS was spreading I saw a beer cosy with this on it.
A tisket, a tasket,
a condom or a casket.

StayFrosty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 8:33 pm

Sylkat wrote:
When people FINALLY acknowledged that there was a new, deadly, sexually-transmitted disease, after AIDS had killed a LOT of people, men started wearing condoms.
Women began insisting.
Lives were saved.
Many, many sexual encounters were between people who were not carrying that disease and would have MUCH preferred that a condom were not used, but they used their common sense.
Better safe than sorry.
Or sick.
Or dead.
And people got HIV through Needles. Which would evolve into AIDS. And then Team America made a musical out of it.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 9:02 pm

I heard that the Corona virus had also released an anti-Clapton and Van Morrison Song....

Actually i was around a friends house the other day, who isn't a big fan of Clapton (i personally don't mind him).
He told me this joke.

What does Clapton and Strawberries have in common? Both are nothing without cream... boom boom.

I have walked past Mr Clapton and Mr Morrison in the street over the past couple of years in the strange little island that i live. Or should i say, Mr Clapton and Mr Morrison both walked past me... (both very tall in comparison to me, especially Mr Morrison, with his bit coat and hat and all. Especially big for an Irish man).

Mr Clapton is known to do the occasional surprise gig at a local small blues fan club.
Mr Morrison also recently (last year or the year before) headlined a small local music festival.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 9:43 pm

People who know that they have influence should be using that influence to help people, to educate people;
Discouraging self-protection is going to hurt/sicken/kill people.
Knowingly.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 9:55 pm

Imagine if they got cancelled. People stop buying their songs, music companies want nothing to do with them, radio stations won't play their music. But they won't be cancelled by everyone. 8)

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2020, 10:04 pm

Masks and lockdowns are two different things.

Lockdowns are causing devastation, not masks.