Armed anti-lockdown protesters try to enter Oregon Capital

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 5:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:
Well, When you back someone into a corner they'll sometimes fight back.

Indeed, if these terrorist thugs keep behaving like this the state might need to aerate a few of them to teach the rest a lesson.

I’m sure they’ll appreciate being so hole-y for Christmas. 8)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm

Misslizard wrote:
There are definitely pockets of racists out west.A family member was driving through Idaho and stopped at a motel for the night.He had tools in the truck so asked the man at the front desk if he could park near the office for the safety of his equipment and the man said, “Don’t worry, there aren’t any ni@@ers around here.”

Idaho makes Texas look ultra-liberal.

But one doesn’t expect to find them in the more progressive states.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 7:44 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
There are definitely pockets of racists out west.A family member was driving through Idaho and stopped at a motel for the night.He had tools in the truck so asked the man at the front desk if he could park near the office for the safety of his equipment and the man said, “Don’t worry, there aren’t any ni@@ers around here.”

Idaho makes Texas look ultra-liberal.

But one doesn’t expect to find them in the more progressive states.

They are like rats, even nice homes get them.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2020, 9:22 pm

I looked at the footage and didn't see anyone waving guns, just flags. I also didn't see any vandalism taking place. I also didn't see anyone attacking law enforcement. Unlike the kinds of protestors who are favored.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 4:05 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I looked at the footage and didn't see anyone waving guns, just flags. I also didn't see any vandalism taking place. I also didn't see anyone attacking law enforcement. Unlike the kinds of protestors who are favored.

And yet people have been arrested & I think charged with crimes related to this incident, sooo.. just because you didn’t see it on one video doesn’t mean there weren’t any gun but whackjobs breaking laws messing with law enforcement officers and making ridiculous demands to be allowed into the building..

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 4:19 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:

These are the kinds of protesters that are favoured. When's the last time cops were known for inflicting needless brutality on right-wing protesters?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:07 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

And yet people have been arrested & I think charged with crimes related to this incident, sooo.. just because you didn’t see it on one video doesn’t mean there weren’t any gun but whackjobs breaking laws messing with law enforcement officers and making ridiculous demands to be allowed into the building..

Well when you actually know how many were arrested and what they were arrested for, let me know.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

These are the kinds of protesters that are favoured. When's the last time cops were known for inflicting needless brutality on right-wing protesters?

So far it appears that the right-wing protestors have been far less violent, so the naturally cops weren't as tough on them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

THIS.

And my guess is that many of those cops have the same white or red hats as the protectors, or at least their ideals, and That's why they’re allowed to get away with their deplorable crap.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:40 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

So far it appears that the right-wing protestors have been far less violent, so the naturally cops weren't as tough on them.

Not so sure about that.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096359 ... protesters

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:49 pm

:lol: :roll:

MOST of the left/right violence has come from the right. For decades. Fact.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 5:50 pm

Ah yes, nothing says non-violent like trying to seize a state capitol building with assault weapons because of legalistic objections to emergency public health policies.
I hope I don't need to remind anyone that they did this before in Michigan back in May.

A small number of BLM protesters cause property damage and it's "Send in the troops!"
Right-wing militias seize capitols and plot political assassinations and we get "both sides" and "what about--" cliches.
I shudder to think how the right would react if it were Mexicans or Muslims seizing statehouses with AR15's and plotting to murder governors. How many calls for martial law do you think we'd see then?

funeralxempire wrote:

Ruby Ridge comes to mind. Although that wasn't really a protest. White supremacists sure do love to milk that one to get right-wing militia recruits though.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 6:28 pm

They’re just gun shaped protest signs.. not lethal weapons being brandished for intimidation purposes!! Don’t you know??

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 6:50 pm

I am no longer going to condemn non-right-wing and non-Christian terrorism.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 7:51 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I always thought people moved to the west coast to get *away* from the hard right, thus explaining the high demand for housing and high cost of living.

There are right wingers everywhere. Oregon has them too. I am sure they did travel from rural area to the state capital to do their violent protests. After all lot of the rioters were from outside the area. Even the Trumpers who did their Trump parades were not from the area and they all came to the area from all over to do their march here in Portland.

If things were reversed and it were Antifa or BLM or the Black Panthers with guns in front of the state capitol in Alabama or Mississippi, would the outlook be the same?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 8:08 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Citations please.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: