Armed anti-lockdown protesters try to enter Oregon Capital

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 10:00 pm

StayFrosty wrote:
Well, When you back someone into a corner they'll sometimes fight back.

How were these people backed into a corner? Just because they have to wear masks, social distance, and limit the number of people in groups? Freedom without responsibility isn't liberty, it's adolescence.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 10:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:

How were these people backed into a corner? Just because they have to wear masks, social distance, and limit the number of people in groups? Freedom without responsibility isn't liberty, it's adolescence.

You're responding to a troll account that got banned.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 10:43 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:

Really? I did not know that.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 11:39 pm

cberg wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
I looked at the footage and didn't see anyone waving guns, just flags. I also didn't see any vandalism taking place. I also didn't see anyone attacking law enforcement. Unlike the kinds of protestors who are favored.

These are the kinds of protesters that are favoured. When's the last time cops were known for inflicting needless brutality on right-wing protesters?

So far it appears that the right-wing protestors have been far less violent, so the naturally cops weren't as tough on them.

Citations please.

That's just my opinion based on what I've gleaned from the news.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 11:47 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
I looked at the footage and didn't see anyone waving guns, just flags. I also didn't see any vandalism taking place. I also didn't see anyone attacking law enforcement. Unlike the kinds of protestors who are favored.

These are the kinds of protesters that are favoured. When's the last time cops were known for inflicting needless brutality on right-wing protesters?

So far it appears that the right-wing protestors have been far less violent, so the naturally cops weren't as tough on them.

Not so sure about that.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096359 ... protesters

I'm not sure about any of it. But I haven't been seeing the overall violence committed by large crowds across the US for weeks on end being perpetrated by right-wing protestors. Overall they seem to be relatively mild in comparison.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2020, 11:52 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Not so sure about that.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/21/88096359 ... protesters

I'm not sure about any of it. But I haven't been seeing the overall violence committed by large crowds across the US for weeks on end being perpetrated by right-wing protestors. Overall they seem to be relatively mild in comparison.

Perhaps because the level of anger people have when their cult leader loses an election is different than when Another One of their community gets murdered by police based on the colour of their skin.

It’s completely apples to oranges to compare a societal uprising about race relations and civil/human rights to a fringe group of lunatics who believe trump’s lies about having won the election that he very clearly lost.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 3:20 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cberg wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:

Citations please.

That's just my opinion based on what I've gleaned from the news.

Clearly not what you have gleaned from the weapons in possession of either faction.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 4:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:

Froyskein (I can't spell his name lol) said so in another thread here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 8:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Perhaps because the level of anger people have when their cult leader loses an election is different than when Another One of their community gets murdered by police based on the colour of their skin.

It’s completely apples to oranges to compare a societal uprising about race relations and civil/human rights to a fringe group of lunatics who believe trump’s lies about having won the election that he very clearly lost.

^this
The standard seems to be:
The state denies thousands of Americans due process and murders them? No problem.
The state mandates public health measures because millions of Americans cannot be trusted to do the bare minimum to fight a pandemic? Changes are made to the election process in a responsible, transparent manner to help fight the pandemic? Threaten to kill politicians! Threaten civil war! Normalize terrorism! It's okay because these right-wingers love freedom so darn much!

Thump a Bible or thump the constitution and you can get away with just about anything if you're a right-winger.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 10:15 am

That was no peaceful protest.

Protesters clash with police, smash glass doors, disrupt lawmakers on 'unnerving' day at Oregon State Capitol in Salem

Quote:
Protesters broke glass doors at the largely empty Capitol building, tore tarps from the marble reliefs on the front steps and engaged in a brief standoff with Oregon State Police and Salem Police Department officers.

A search is ongoing for another man who attacked two reporters and tried to break into the Capitol building, police said.

At around 8:30 a.m., Oregon State Police said protesters entered the Capitol, and at least one used "chemical agents" on officers.

At one point, we used pepper balls. I don’t know what else," Salem Police Lt. Treven Upkes said. "When people attempted to come into the building, they actually used pepper spray and other things on officers.

He said, "There may have been other chemical munitions used by the crowd as well on us that seemed to have acted similar to … a CS gas."

Just before 11 a.m., a few protesters unlocked the gated fence surrounding the Capitol steps and began to remove a tarp covering two marble reliefs that were defaced during left-wing protests this summer.

About 2½ hours later, protesters smashed glass doors on the west end of the Capitol, attempting to enter the building.

As protesters swarmed the doors, a photographer for the Statesman Journal of the USA TODAY Network was repeatedly shoved. The photographer captured shots of protesters damaging the glass doors.

They got away with this seditious act with little consequence. The more they get away with it the more they will escalate. It is just going to be a matter of time before they take the legislators hostage or successfully seize the building and declare it a autonomous zone.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2020, 4:40 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
StayFrosty wrote:

Froyskein (I can't spell his name lol) said so in another thread here.

Okay. Then in the words of Curly Bill Brocious in Tombstone: "Well... bye."