'Creative writing' in challenging times?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 6:35 pm

How many find 'creative writing' as an important activity in handing challenging times?

Not quite sure what to write for the original post. I had located a WP thread from the year 2019- the latest WP thread that specializes in 'creative writing' (LINK).

After rereading this thread, I had gleaned-out important insights which remain verrry timely:

LINK: Discussion thread (19 posts as of this writing) in the 'Art Writing Music' viewtopic.php?f=4&t=340034&hilit=creative+writing

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 6:58 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
How many find 'creative writing' as an important activity in handing challenging times?

I do! :D
even did some today.
And the weekly meeting of the local creative writers group which I chanced upon in 2018 is proving an importannt component of maintaining sanity this year.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2021, 4:10 pm

The decision to bump-up this discussion thread is quite timely.

Partial EXCERPT in LINK: "hits the nail on the head!": [Lately, I'm finding my experiences with creative writing to act as "an ice breaker of sorts" - as it applies to handling/understanding HFA.]

LINK: Older WP discussion thread on 'Creative Writing' viewtopic.php?f=4&t=340034&p=8237431#p8237431

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2021, 5:57 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
[Lately, I'm finding my experiences with creative writing to act as "an ice breaker of sorts" - as it applies to handling/understanding HFA.]

Now that is a good and helpful thing :!:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2021, 5:59 pm

Huh, after all this time since December, I'm only seeing posts here from you and I.
Oh well.
Anyway, tomorrow is the weekly meeting of our local creative writers group and I am really looking forward to it.
:D