Why people hate gays and lesbians so much

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2020, 11:59 pm

It's sin but so does smoking and yet many Christians, Jews and Muslim hate gays so much, I'm Polish where I live I remember first time I do mutual stuff with other boy who was less than a year younger than me, but he was more confident, he had ADHD we ware in regular Polish School but on individualised curriculum when we ware on camp that was paid by the polish government for kids that had neurodevelopment disorder like ADHD, autism, epilepsy, we found very interesting in masturbation technique, we tried everything and sucking too but no anal because even for us it was tooo gay, but thanks to me friend opinion of being thought guy and very combative no on dared to bullying us, I think they're ware afraid that being beaten by gay guy would not looking good in their records ;-)

We not looked like typical gay but mine friend always ware willing to help other boys if someone try to name them fags and names like that :-)

I wonder does it's more gays among people with Aspergers like mine and/or ADHDers ;-)

After high school our life splited but he will always bring that good happy memory about our Qeuer self in not so LGBT friendly Poland ;-)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 12:23 am

Breaking gender norms is often treated as one of the greatest taboos for traditionalism. Homosexuality especially goes against often what people see as a supposed threat to traditional families. It rubs off on even young people, where being gay is seen as both unmanly, and a threat to manhood.

I feel sorry that you have to deal with that sort of stuff in Poland.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2020, 11:05 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Breaking gender norms is often treated as one of the greatest taboos for traditionalism. Homosexuality especially goes against often what people see as a supposed threat to traditional families. It rubs off on even young people, where being gay is seen as both unmanly, and a threat to manhood.

I feel sorry that you have to deal with that sort of stuff in Poland.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2020, 6:42 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
It's sin but so does smoking and yet many Christians, Jews and Muslim hate gays so much, I'm Polish where I live I remember first time I do mutual stuff with other boy who was less than a year younger than me, but he was more confident, he had ADHD we ware in regular Polish School but on individualised curriculum when we ware on camp that was paid by the polish government for kids that had neurodevelopment disorder like ADHD, autism, epilepsy, we found very interesting in masturbation technique, we tried everything and sucking too but no anal because even for us it was tooo gay, but thanks to me friend opinion of being thought guy and very combative no on dared to bullying us, I think they're ware afraid that being beaten by gay guy would not looking good in their records ;-)

We not looked like typical gay but mine friend always ware willing to help other boys if someone try to name them fags and names like that :-)

I wonder does it's more gays among people with Aspergers like mine and/or ADHDers ;-)

After high school our life splited but he will always bring that good happy memory about our Qeuer self in not so LGBT friendly Poland ;-)

Some religions are against them, and some are just prejudiced in the same way some have problems with people who are not the same race as them.
Also, some are possibly closeted homosexuals, don't even admit their sexuality to themselves so project unconsciously onto those who are gay.

Tomatoes
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2021, 3:50 pm

My opinion:

Abrahamic religions (the three you named) were founded on complementarity as a building block of their respective narrative.

The fight between Good and Evil is easy if you are polarized. For some, the religions allows them to be polarized, which relove much moral strain from their preoccupations.

Monkey see, monkey do...

Hating is often learnt, if the hater did not have a personal experience as a homosexual or a lesbian.
Many places, many people, teachers, etc., find it easier (less straining) 'teaching' hatred than love. Because love is a state of being that is benevolent, and hatred, easy to imitate, reinforce the social glue between the captive citizens, it then follows that hating some groups of people, such as gays, is a signal virtue for those who are afraid to be spotted by their gang for some perceived social 'affliction'.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 6:41 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

From what I understand Poland seems a little oppressive religiously, I listen to a band called Behemoth from poland and the vocalist has certainly criticized the government there, they seem to very much dislike that band for their 'blasphemy'. So I guess its not a surprise that there is hate for homosexuality there since its supposedly sinful and immoral according to the religious laws.

It's unfortunate people like you have to deal with that kind of thing, but perhaps even in poland in time people will become more open minded about it.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 10:11 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

From what I understand Poland seems a little oppressive religiously, I listen to a band called Behemoth from poland and the vocalist has certainly criticized the government there, they seem to very much dislike that band for their 'blasphemy'. So I guess its not a surprise that there is hate for homosexuality there since its supposedly sinful and immoral according to the religious laws.

It's unfortunate people like you have to deal with that kind of thing, but perhaps even in poland in time people will become more open minded about it.

But as far as I know, in my country learning is different in school and in life. for example, the Catholic Church is very hostile to gays, but a large proportion of the hierarchs are gays, but not official

Similarly, our Polish armed forces, seemingly and not only very homophobic, but they do not expel soldiers for being gay, it has been allowed since the 1970s, while Americans reportedly expelled homosexual soldiers for the mere fact of being gay.

And, of course, Deputy Prime Minister Jarosław Kaczyński, the grey eminence (but more fitting will be Gay eminence :lol: ) he actually rules our country, and every Pole knows that Jarosław Kaczyński is a gay, although he's the more likeable little brother, who was the president of Poland from 2005 until his tragic death in an air accident in 2010 , he had to be hetero or at least bisexual, because he had a wife and a daughter, and Jarosław never married.

By the way, I wonder how it is among identical twins, what is the chance that if one of the twins is gay, the other will also be gay? :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 10:15 am

The only time it bothers me that someone is on the LGBTQ spectrum is when they seem to feel they must "represent" for every other person on the LGBTQ spectrum, especially when they use their LGBTQ status as justification for their opinions and points-of-view.

Gay friend: "As a gay man, my opinion is..."

C'mon, Bruce!  You do not have to remind us you are gay, just tell us your opinion and let it stand or fall on its own!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 1:00 pm

I think mainly for religious reasons. Other than that it's sometimes the behaviour of a minority of them that's an issue. Some of them embrace a culture of gossiping and melodrama and many find it annoying regardless of the sexuality of the person doing it. I had a gay best friend throughout my entire time in school. He was actually pretty down to earth though once he came out as being gay he did get more dramatic and gossipy but overall he didn't let it define who he was. Others sadly do and I've seen many of them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 1:30 pm

Nades wrote:
I think mainly for religious reasons. Other than that it's sometimes the behaviour of a minority of them that's an issue. Some of them embrace a culture of gossiping and melodrama and many find it annoying regardless of the sexuality of the person doing it. I had a gay best friend throughout my entire time in school. He was actually pretty down to earth though once he came out as being gay he did get more dramatic and gossipy but overall he didn't let it define who he was. Others sadly do and I've seen many of them.
Yeah ... but gossip, melodrama, and self-centeredness are reasons why I do not get along with some people regardless of their stated gender-orientation.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 1:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Yeah ... but gossip, melodrama, and self-centeredness are reasons why I do not get along with some people regardless of their stated gender-orientation.

Same as me and aspies seem particularly venerable to gossip. It's just that many TV shows and movies about gay people portray such a culture as a exaggeration of what most gay people are actually like in person. I think a few of them just roll with after taking such movies and TV shows literally not realising just how abrasive they can be sometimes to others.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 1:58 pm

I grew up on a small island in between the UK and France.

When growing up going to school, there was a bit of a stigma around homosexuality within secondary schools.
Kids used words associated with being homosexual to ridicule and bully other kids.

During the 80s, the population of the island wasn't that diverse, with most the population primarily being local,
with some people from the UK, and some french and Portuguese being imported during these days to do primarily farming jobs.

The general population of this island were very sheltered, so, were less exposed to multicultural life, and in someways a little behind the times, as they still are to some extent.

During the 80s, there also was a trend in the UK, that also occurred in the island that i live where some thugs subscribed to far right neo nazi political views.

Some of the hate towards homosexuals were influenced by such people.

Now it has been 30 - 40 years on, the island is far more multi-cultural and also influenced by mainstream UK culture.
The island is far more accepting of people who are homosexual and real racism is rare.

There still is some racism, but fortunately violent hate crimes against people from a minority group, whether race based or due to sexual orientation is extremely rare.

Sometimes groups from one culture do group together and exclude others. Which, as a local, can feel racist.

Some times groups from one ethnic background can do the same in a particular area of employment.
It is strange to be subjected to racism while in the island that you were born.

I am pleased that the island is far more mixed in race and culture. So many more different people, different colours, different cultures, different food, different takes on life.

I have experienced religious people (such as Christians) who ridicule homosexuals.
I understand their basis for it, i.e. God Created Woman for man etc.

However it is their choice and for them to answer to God (if God exists) and not for us to interfere in.
If we are Christians, we should love thy neighbour as thy self. Leave the Judging to God.
We are man, we are not God.
Even if we are armed with a Holy Book written by God.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Feb 2021, 10:17 pm

Because people feel it's not natural, or the way people are intended to live. Homosexual relationships don't evolve to procreation. Tale as old as time, man approaches woman for relationship, woman accepts, love, marriage, children. Process continues for the next generations. etc.

Also rooted into religious or cultural reasons, which are easier said than done, for people to just rid of, or change their vices and values over.

People also feel it's literally disgusting or sickening. Again due to cultural and possibly religious conducts. Seeing burly men being intimate. Seeing a feminine or flamboyant man. Seeing a butch or macho woman. Seeing two men kiss on a television, eww, gross, sick. People have strong arguments that it leads in connection to perversive, abusive, deviant categories.

I should mention something else on the flip side. There are people who for the most part don't care, and to each their own for the most part, but if someone close to them was, like a family member or friend, they would be distant or hesitant or ask themselves why. Then again, I also seen the reverse of that. People are anti LGBT, but if they know someone close to them that is gay, they make exceptions for them. I don't know.

In addition, there are the, "keep it out of my face" people. To which I personally still feel this is a form of homophobia and gay hating, but I don't know. These are the people that don't care about gay stuff, but because they see a 10 second gay commercial, and out of the thousands of tv shows, one happens to be show centered around a gay story, and they get mad over that, or see a rainbow flag inside a restaurant, or anti gay discrimination laws, being put into immediate effect, they get angry. So, I don't know about you, but to me, it's still essentially being hateful.

All of that above, are just my theories.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 7:45 am

Fnord wrote:
The only time it bothers me that someone is on the LGBTQ spectrum is when they seem to feel they must "represent" for every other person on the LGBTQ spectrum, especially when they use their LGBTQ status as justification for their opinions and points-of-view.

Gay friend: "As a gay man, my opinion is..."

C'mon, Bruce!  You do not have to remind us you are gay, just tell us your opinion and let it stand or fall on its own!

Depends on the topic.

Surely a person's sexual orientation is likely to have some relevance to that person's opinions on matters pertaining to sex and gender? Surely it would affect the experiences on which the person's opinions are based? Surely mentioning one's sexual orientation might help to clarify where the person is coming from?

Of course, claiming to "represent" everyone with the same sexual orientation would be a vast overgeneralization. But I don't think that's what is usually meant when people say things like, "As a gay man, my opinion is..."

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Feb 2021, 9:46 am

I grew up in pretty conservative environment.
What I think is: people fear the unknown.

After I spent time with an openly gay coworker, met a friend's friend who went out of the closet as lesbian, then met several people in real life and online, I learned one simple thing that I was unaware of before:
That LGBT are not some freaky activists from TV but regular people. The only thing that makes one "gay" is how he experiences sexual attraction. All the rest - smart of stupid, nice or nasty, responsible or not, mentally healthy or not, etc. - are free parameters. And the only "ideology" LGBT people promote is "living in denial of self is a pain, don't force it on us as a requirement to be considered regular people".

After I saw it from this perspective, I can't make peace with those "LGBT-free zones" and other hateful propaganda we have here. It's actual people they target!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 9:58 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
It's sin but so does smoking...
How so?  Did you know that there are Rabbis whose job it is to verify that tobacco and marijuana products are kosher?