Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2021, 10:08 pm

Im not sure i feel embarrassment or not as due to my autism i cant always tell if i feel a certain emotions or not

today when i finished work i was on the verge of a meltdown (long story why ) and but 2 of my male colleagues who often make fun of me made me feel worse and as i went to walk away angrily i forgot there was a parked bus right there behind me and i walked straight into it and bumped my face
that set the 2 men off into hysterics and i walked off while they shouted ,watch there isnt a bus there this time
I suppose this was one of those situations where most people would feel embarrassed but not me but maybe i was embarrassed but didnt feel it? I have a hard time understanding emotions or knowing if i feel emotions or not does anyone get what imean?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 1:20 am

Feeling embarrassed yet didn't understood of why feeling embarrassed, may or may not know is ought to be embarrassed -- alexithymia or some emotional modulation issue.

Knows one is ought to be embarrassed but it isn't afraid or willing enough to subject to embarrassment -- resilience? Thick faced?

Does not know one is ought to be embarrassed and it isn't -- cluelessness.

Knows one is ought to be embarrassed but one knows it won't and actually didn't felt embarrassed, and may even end up the opposite -- apathy or shameless.

One may or may not know to be ought to be embarrassed and likely doesn't want to, but ends up embarrassed anyway -- sensitivity, shyness, vigilance or negative thoughts and worries that anxiety would likely brought.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2021, 11:22 pm

You can observe your physiological state for signs of emotions. A sudden warm feeling, especially in the face or head, is a possible sign of embarrassment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 6:18 am

I howl in the subways. I don’t feel embarrassed. I make sure not to do it when cops are around, though.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 6:34 am

Before my social anxiety set in as a disability, I didn't feel it either.

I'm glad of that.

Meant I was free as a teenager from things which hold other kids back.

I wish I could go back to that state now.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2021, 7:33 am

What type of bus was it?

I can understand you feeling annoyed when you have had a difficult day. Your work collegues don't mean any harm. They actually are fond of you because if they were not you would have had the silent treatment.