Do you feel force fields between you and others?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Is this relatable ?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
I like to drink pee 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16

nouse
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2021, 9:25 am

One of my issues with people is that when I'm around it either feels like they are in continuum of welcoming -indifferent - hostile axis where the indifferent is the origin.

I can't help with this feeling as it completely incapacites me. Around hostile people it feels like they are going to bite off my head (I really fear for my life). Around indifferent it is like I'm safe but I don't care either. Around welcoming it is very nice but I fear that I'm going to mess it up. I think that by keeping up fantasy that there are those sort of people is more rewarding and makes it less upsetting if turns out otherwise. Also I admire them and I think I'm inferior so it would be wrong to spend time with them. I classify this force field as attractive while the hostile pushes me away.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 12:27 pm

I can sense human presences that is neither good or bad.
It's not a wall nor it's around people, it's just them.

If I sense hostility, I simply sense heat.
I'm not afraid of getting burned myself -- therefore I do not simply fear of messing up, not if I can't help it.
But I worry of the idea of burning them back out of reflex.

If I sense welcoming... :lol: It's my choice to go to that opening or not.

I'm not conditioned severely enough to relate to this dynamic of constantly perceiving self-other parties as superior-inferior dynamics.

So what if this person has what you may want or that they got more attention to deem yourself unworthy?
They are all just another human. They make mistakes, they get hurt... They laugh, they cry, they get angry -- are you not, too?

If you have something that they want, recognize your worth or take it as an opportunity to level with them.
Instead of the dynamic where you'd act subservient because of this idea of being inferior, or this idea of pleasing everyone and potentially take advantage of you.

And a welcoming presence. That depends.
Do you know the patience of this person? What is the patience of an average person?
If you know, that's how much forgiveness you can give to yourself.

If not...
Why and how are you not forgiving of yourself enough to see yourself inferior?

If hostility pushes you away, if indifference just makes you safe...
While what attracts you worries you?

What draws you in and not fear of messing up?
How do you -- or can you forgive yourself?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2021, 12:54 pm

I went to say no, because I didn't think I did, however I have always felt them, but ignored them.
I felt a lot of bad auras around people and felt powerless to do anything about it, so took an attitude of there's so many, I might as well fit in" which was unhealthy and cost me dearly, as I was effectively ignoring my intuition and keeping the conmany of people who weren't good for me, had I of made the wiser choice I would be in a much better place now.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 9:48 am

Definitely, 100%. I can feel atmospheres in rooms and when people don't like me and don't want to talk to me. But I don't know how to break through barriers like that and communicate with such people. The more I try, the more they back away. So I gave up on them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 10:34 am

What you likely feel is your own fear and uncertainty regarding social situations.  Placing the blame on others will not help you overcome them.  Claim those feelings as your own, and learn how to make them work in your favor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 11:46 am

I feel people's energy. I don't usually get a strong negative or positive feeling from people, just a sense to be on guard (probably just my default reaction to people's presence), although on occasion it feels like our energies do or don't mesh particularly well. If I'm paying attention, I also get a general sense of a person's mood, but I'm easily overwhelmed by other people's emotions and have trained myself to tune that out by default. I feel it for animals, too, but that's usually a pleasant sensation with them, and to a lesser degree I can also sense inanimate objects if I'm paying attention.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I'm easily overwhelmed by other people's emotions and have trained myself to tune that out by default.

That is exactly what I get. I have learned to switch off the overwhelm and ignore them. I think every living thing gives off its own energy and there is so much of it whizzing about, it's easy to get overwhelmed if we're not careful.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 6:24 pm

i need to get better at tuning them out .

where ever you go ,there you are

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Apr 2021, 10:52 am

nouse wrote:
One of my issues with people is that when I'm around it either feels like they are in continuum of welcoming -indifferent - hostile axis where the indifferent is the origin.

I can't help with this feeling as it completely incapacites me. Around hostile people it feels like they are going to bite off my head (I really fear for my life). Around indifferent it is like I'm safe but I don't care either. Around welcoming it is very nice but I fear that I'm going to mess it up. I think that by keeping up fantasy that there are those sort of people is more rewarding and makes it less upsetting if turns out otherwise. Also I admire them and I think I'm inferior so it would be wrong to spend time with them. I classify this force field as attractive while the hostile pushes me away.

Do You in Your Full Self Glory . Don't overthink it , they probably look at you at have same thoughts of unworthiness .

if people are Funny , f**k those People . its Simple .. You Weren't Supposed to Be Aroumd Them . Enjoy Yourself . its a Gift .. atleast you wont have to tolerate fake people.

i know exactly how you feel . the key is realising other people simply are . Let Go of Acceptance From Others . You Will Feel a Freedom like Never Before