Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Immensity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2021, 10:44 am

I love writing. I mostly write poetry or just free form.

I live on the artistic side of life - anyone else love writing - any form?

Writing is such an outlet for me. I also love anything with a lot of imagery. The more descriptive, the more I can create a picture or movie of it in my head the better.

Any writers here?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm

Me! :)

Title:

"Pieces of Truth"

Genre:

Psychological Thriller

Synopsis:

Alice and her childhood crush Brian drift apart after witnessing the brutal murder of two classmates. Fifteen years later, they unexpectedly reunite in college only to have their new romance interrupted when they both begin receiving messages from two people claiming to be their murdered friends from grade school.

Are their friends really still alive after fifteen years and wanting revenge?

Is someone playing a cruel joke on them?

Or is something else at play?

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 2:43 pm

I dabble in mostly Sci-Fi/Horror and a few random others.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 2:53 pm

My next story is a sci-fi story set in the near-future where medical technology has jumped great lengths to keep different physical and mental health conditions at the lowest levels possible.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 3:29 pm

I write poetry myself.....

Immensity

05 Jan 2021, 3:36 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Me! :)

Title:

"Pieces of Truth"

Genre:

Psychological Thriller

Synopsis:

Alice and her childhood crush Brian drift apart after witnessing the brutal murder of two classmates. Fifteen years later, they unexpectedly reunite in college only to have their new romance interrupted when they both begin receiving messages from two people claiming to be their murdered friends from grade school.

Are their friends really still alive after fifteen years and wanting revenge?

Is someone playing a cruel joke on them?

Or is something else at play?

Oooohhhh...this does sound suspenseful!

I havent tried to write a full on story/book. I would love to write a memoir one day. My life has been crazy!

Immensity

05 Jan 2021, 3:37 pm

maycontainthunder wrote:

Nice! I feel like that takes a lot of research and knowledge to be accurate - you have a lot more patience than me!

Immensity

05 Jan 2021, 3:39 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
My next story is a sci-fi story set in the near-future where medical technology has jumped great lengths to keep different physical and mental health conditions at the lowest levels possible.

This is very interesting. If there are no physical or mental health conditions...then are there any social problems? what does that world look like???

Immensity

05 Jan 2021, 3:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I write poetry myself.....

poetry is my great love! I love a good play on words.

I fell in love with Edgar Allan Poe when I was in elementary school. His poem, "Alone" is still one of if not my all time favorite piece.

I tend to write more often when I am in a darker headspace and so darker themes usually appeal to me a great deal. Although I do love happy poetry and literature as well.

I also love spoken word! Andrea Gibson is amazing! she has videos of her work on youtube.

I also love free form writing and anything that doesnt follow the rules.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 3:48 pm

Immensity wrote:
maycontainthunder wrote:

Nice! I feel like that takes a lot of research and knowledge to be accurate - you have a lot more patience than me!

Sci-Fi doesn't take alot of research, you just make it sound plausible or take something that does exist and expand what it does. If we look at the Maglev (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglev) and expand on this idea we have an anti-gravity system for use in the atmosphere and low orbit.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 3:51 pm

I do write narratives, but mostly from an analytical perspective. For instance, writing an entry for every character and their actions through the timeline, as well as notes on things like concepts, important objects, places, miscellaneous points. etc. Occasionally I will write timelines for the narrative as well.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 5:25 pm

I write, mostly on the edge between fantasy and horror. I write sporadically, as ideas come to me or I obsess over old parts of a story. I hop around, writing one scene here and another there, and have trouble tying everything together. Never even came close to finishing anything, I just write for fun and because sometimes I feel like I’m going to go mad if I don’t get an idea I’m obsessing over written into some sort of story. On occasion the words really flow and I’m not a bad hand (but then other times I’m completely terrible :oops: Often I’m in between). Nobody will ever get to read my writing but me, though, if I have any warning before I die I’m making sure I destroy every word first to ensure that. I hate putting things close to my heart up for criticism.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2021, 6:50 pm

Yep, I would be a writer, and would be here, in between working on model trains and model rockets.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

06 Jan 2021, 10:01 am

Romance, friendship and empowering poems.

I like to recite eulogies and spells.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jan 2021, 10:09 am

Blogs, mostly about the unexplained, mysterious disappearances, disasters etc. Also abut interesting people and places. I am hoping to resuscitate my blog soon, as I wrote over 100 but haven't written any more for almost two years.

Children's fantasy sci-fi.

My life story from Aspie POV, slightly fictionalized and showing how well things fitted into place once I was diagnosed - at age 45. Before that, the medical moguls were simply baffled!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2021, 10:12 am

Most of my fiction writing involves adventures for RPGs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.