former WP member "ASS-P" passed away yesterday, jan. 4, '21

Page 20 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 3:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
problem homeless find in many shelters is violence and theft. no wonder so many find being out on the street to be safer at least.

In Vancouver the shelters are pretty safe, but I still prefer camping in my little grove of trees in North VAn.

PS - thanks for the thread Aunty - I didnt get active posting here till just after he died

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 3:42 pm

The_Znof wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
problem homeless find in many shelters is violence and theft. no wonder so many find being out on the street to be safer at least.

In Vancouver the shelters are pretty safe, but I still prefer camping in my little grove of trees in North VAn.
PS - thanks for the thread Aunty - I didnt get active posting here till just after he died

you're welcome :flower: is there local wifi there?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

not sure if had already posted here on this Auntblabby , but did want to thank you , for acknowledging ASS-P s passing and sharing what you have about him. Most recently am getting a firmer grasp on the concept , of passing on to be free of constraints and darkness of this world . Am increasingly finding it almost impossible to get remotely adequate medical care. And my best attempts at dealing with degradation ,due to realities of ongoing disabilities . Making situations seem more intense .
Not to mention dealing with ongoing serious Aspie issues .
i have to confess ASS-P s name did frighten me of him . Was fairly scared of getting to know people here , For the longest time . Thank you again for all your Efforts here Auntblabby :heart:

where ever you go ,there you are

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 5:22 pm

League_Girl wrote:
It was nice for him to be unbanned to allow us to talk about him without breaking the rule.

The founder of this place is clearly an absentee landlord so imo it should belong to the people who post here and make it what it is. You can't even discuss a banned person is a garbage rule.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 5:27 pm

Jakki wrote:
not sure if had already posted here on this Auntblabby , but did want to thank you , for acknowledging ASS-P s passing and sharing what you have about him. Most recently am getting a firmer grasp on the concept , of passing on to be free of constraints and darkness of this world . Am increasingly finding it almost impossible to get remotely adequate medical care. And my best attempts at dealing with degradation ,due to realities of ongoing disabilities . Making situations seem more intense .
Not to mention dealing with ongoing serious Aspie issues .
i have to confess ASS-P s name did frighten me of him . Was fairly scared of getting to know people here , For the longest time . Thank you again for all your Efforts here Auntblabby :heart:

and thank YOU for understanding :) his name was a phonetic play on the phrase "aspie."

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 5:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

you're welcome :flower: is there local wifi there?

the shelters are split, with the religious ones tending not to have wifi [Hail VArg!]

as for my NV camp, nothing in range, but when I have the phone going I can get slow unlimited data for 15 dollars a month.

I like a laptop and a phone, but if I can only have one, the laptop is far better.

esp now that I can download spotify albums to windows!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

29 Aug 2021, 6:42 pm

Axeman wrote:
The founder of this place is clearly an absentee landlord so imo it should belong to the people who post here and make it what it is. You can't even discuss a banned person is a garbage rule.
Absent or not he's still paying for this site to exist and not charging for membership. You might want to remember that.

The rule regarding discussion of banned members exists because doing so invariably resurrects the heat, arguments and issues which resulted in their ban - IOW, the disruption continues anyway and that can't be permitted.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

What happened to ASS-P that killed him?

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 7:35 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:

He had many serious conditions. He died in his sleep and had congestive heart failure so my guess is his heart just gave out.

I think it's actually good it ended this way. With his diabetes he probably would have ended up blind and without legs if he had lived another 20 years

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm

in the elysian fields he's prolly sayin' "thank my stars i'm FINALLY outta that lifetime! what a travail!!"

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 9:36 pm

Axeman wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:

He had many serious conditions. He died in his sleep and had congestive heart failure so my guess is his heart just gave out.

I think it's actually good it ended this way. With his diabetes he probably would have ended up blind and without legs if he had lived another 20 years

My condolences. May he find peace in the afterlife.

Maybe be reincarnated as a better person, if possible.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 10:50 pm

may he be reincarnated after a good long R and R in heaven, into a better next go-round.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:

Maybe be reincarnated as a better person, if possible.

8O dude, wtf?

btw I just came here to talk about being robbed in a shelter, it reminded me of ass-p

I was complaining about gang colours after getting jacked, but later realized I had mis-read the bandana on the robber.

I physically got some of the stuff back from him, felt like a badass, but later realized he let me get it, lol.

lost -

$ 200 messanger bag, well used though.
ganga stash - ~ 17 grams
laptop charger
ID
bike tools

Last edited by The_Znof on 30 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2021, 12:42 pm

I don't think UD phrased what (I hope) he meant very well. I'm sure he meant to say "may he be reincarnated as someone in better circumstances" - as opposed to someone who had to struggle most of his life and never achieved what he so wanted.

Unfortunately the sentence came out in a way that implies disrespect, which I doubt was on purpose.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm

yes that makes sense, thanks for jumping in.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2021, 1:58 pm

was your experience a recent one or from a time back? sorry that happened...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/