former WP member "ASS-P" passed away yesterday, jan. 4, '21

Page 16 of 26 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2021, 8:33 am

he stopped by my aspie group a few years ago when i was home sick. he was disappointed that i was not there. his voice and speaking style sounded VERY MUCH like the author david sedaris.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 1:51 am

Just saw this. I haven’t been reading here for quite some time. I’m glad that he is at peace now and in the afterlife, young, healthy, happy and attending college. Think of the brilliant people he can interact with now on an equal footing! Thank you AB for caring for him. He could certainly be cantankerous. I blocked him him a few times after he got “upset” with me.

But, over time, I read every one of his posts here. We had something in common as I have never had post-secondary education and would have loved to. Different reasons though for not going. I wanted him to succeed, but came to realize that it wasn’t likely.

I thought at the time that his “outing” as a successful, wealthy person (author?), living in comfort was a set-up. A person appeared on WP, pulled out some old threads, did some “research” on him and someone else who had “researched” him under his real name, published their findings and caused heck to rain down on him. He got upset (and I know there was more, with him upsetting people back and them blowing up and so on). The person disappeared again I believe. She had pm’d me with her theories.

Same behaviour in a couple of places in this thread. People on the other site wouldn’t need to come over here and dig up 13 year old threads to learn about him. There’s enough WP people there who knew him! And they decided that he was such a sophisticated scam artist that they called the cops on him?!

I don’t know enough about the US justice system, but I don’t think he would have still been on probation for crimes committed pre 2007 as a new poster here seems to imply. Same kind of hounding of him and tarnishing after he has died. To what purpose?

I suppose this will get edited, but I wanted to finally say that I thought he was set up before his banning and that caused him to really strike out. To the mods: if you snip the middle out, would you please share it with AB? I know I could pm him, but I wanted to share my thoughts publicly on the event. I couldn’t once he was banned.

All that to say, his conversations were missed, by me and obviously others. He wasn’t a saint, but I doubt any of us are. I’m sure not. Enjoy yourself ASS-P!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 8:53 am

Glad to see you again, Anne.

I've only been on WP for a few years, so don't know the backstory. I do know I tried to help him in recent years and was unable to. I think many people tried over the years.

Whatever his faults, and as you point out we all have them, he is at peace now and blessings to him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2021, 9:13 am

I wish he WAS David Sedaris.

Unfortunately, I doubt that he is. Mr. Sedaris is still alive.

WLL (his initials) reminded me a lot of Charles Bukowski.

He never got on my goat enough for me to "lock" him----though he could be a jerk at times. But not more jerky than many other people I have known in life.

I didn't believe I could have done much for him; maybe that's why I didn't make more of an effort for him. More experienced people made an effort for him---and that still didn't work.

He certainly doesn't deserve to be in a "hell." He deserves to enjoy himself in the Afterlife---wherever or whatever that is.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2021, 1:22 pm

he didn't suffer trolls gladly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 6:20 am

He transcends the trolls in the afterlife.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 6:46 am

he is doing everything he could not do in this most recent lifetime. he is likely saying, "i'll NEVER reincarnate EVAH AGAIN!!" but in a future lifetime will have an exalted position in contrast with this past lifetime.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 7:02 am

Jesus, I only just saw this. I think I hoped he was just finding it hard to get internet access lately. He was a good man who should not have had to endure such a tough life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 7:05 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Jesus, I only just saw this. I think I hoped he was just finding it hard to get internet access lately. He was a good man who should not have had to endure such a tough life.

yes, i'm glad the mods saw the public service of stickying it. :idea: anyways, he was a living person but also a symbol of the untold millions upon millions in similar straits.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 8:32 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Glad to see you again, Anne.

I've only been on WP for a few years, so don't know the backstory. I do know I tried to help him in recent years and was unable to. I think many people tried over the years.

Whatever his faults, and as you point out we all have them, he is at peace now and blessings to him.

Thank you Blazing Star. I know that you did a lot for him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 1:19 am

i believe that if there weren't certain bad actors here at that time, he might still be with us in some capacity.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:20 pm

Only came across this thread today. RIP ASS-P :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 11:25 pm

yeh, he was one of us. :alien: :alien: :alien: the lesson here is to love the strangers until they are no longer strangers.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 2:59 am

Just saw this as well. Rest in peace.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:04 am

i am thankful the mods stickied it :)

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
yeh, he was one of us. :alien: :alien: :alien: the lesson here is to love the strangers until they are no longer strangers.

Looks like yet another person who died because he was unable to survive what so called normals call society. I'm sure they viewed him as human garbage, a walking problem no one wanted to deal with or own up to. Your empathy for this man looks to be overflowing. Odd in a people said to lack it.