Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 3:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I bet 45% of those Republicans are also Trump lovers and voted for him.

45% is generous. It's probably 100%.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but among some of the hoodlums and thugs were actual elected members of the Republican party caught on camera breaking into the capitol building. I assume they will also be arrested and fired from the GOP for making an awful decision and on camera :roll: .

There were off-duty cops, military members and multiple state legislators.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 3:19 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but among some of the hoodlums and thugs were actual elected members of the Republican party caught on camera breaking into the capitol building. I assume they will also be arrested and fired from the GOP for making an awful decision and on camera :roll: .

There were off-duty cops, military members and multiple state legislators.

Looks like we need a "night of the long knives"

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 3:49 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i read that some of the mob smeared feces on the walls. and that with particular savagery, a hanging photo of the late john lewis was brutalized.
That's awful. I'm assuming it will be easily replaced. The reputation of those who destroyed it on the other hand...

they are heroes among their demented crowd.

And literally no one else. I heard some were arrested. Hopefully those vandals were among them. They can do hard jail time. What their sympathizers think isn't important. Besides, that guy who shot himself in a very bad place as a result of the dumbest pro-gun protest I've ever heard of is also heralded as a hero among his demented crowd. We're not exactly talking about people of intelligence here.

That crowd is close to a third of the country though. :?

Well, that 1/3 of the country has their work cut out for them if they want future elections to go their way. Democrat voters aren't going to get complacent anytime soon like they did in 2016. I guess the US can cross that bridge in another four years, and to an extent, in two. In the meantime, that 1/3 can enjoy whatever comes out of a Democrat controlled House, Senate and Oval Office. :lol:

They control numerous state level governments, the courts and have been working to weave their anti-democratic tendencies into government on all levels for decades. Don't celebrate like the Death Star just got blown up unless you also remember there's two more movies to go before it even looks like you've won.
I suppose so, but I'm sure a lot will change for the better in the next four years.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 4:02 am

Remember, this didn't start with Trump. The GOP has been like this since Nixon.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 4:54 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Remember, this didn't start with Trump. The GOP has been like this since Nixon.

Certainly cemented their place as looneys after they elected Reagan.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 5:06 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/01/06/US-capitol-trump-poll

45 % of all Republican voters believe that it was OK to attempt a coup against Congress.

Yeah I should have read more closely.

If the poll was random then that's fine but if not then I wouldn't really see it as unbias at all.

There is a difference between polls that are sent to people at random and ones that are openly online for anyone to add too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 5:32 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

so far the only pols at protests arrested ever, have been black.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 2:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Somebody correct me if I am wrong but among some of the hoodlums and thugs were actual elected members of the Republican party caught on camera breaking into the capitol building. I assume they will also be arrested and fired from the GOP for making an awful decision and on camera.
That is, until Donald John Trump attempted a coup through his own mob-army on 2021-01-06.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 2:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

West Virginia GOP state lawmaker who stormed US Capitol faces criminal charge

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 2:37 pm

Tross wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i read that some of the mob smeared feces on the walls. and that with particular savagery, a hanging photo of the late john lewis was brutalized.
That's awful. I'm assuming it will be easily replaced. The reputation of those who destroyed it on the other hand...

And literally no one else. I heard some were arrested. Hopefully those vandals were among them. They can do hard jail time. What their sympathizers think isn't important. Besides, that guy who shot himself in a very bad place as a result of the dumbest pro-gun protest I've ever heard of is also heralded as a hero among his demented crowd. We're not exactly talking about people of intelligence here.

Well, that 1/3 of the country has their work cut out for them if they want future elections to go their way. Democrat voters aren't going to get complacent anytime soon like they did in 2016. I guess the US can cross that bridge in another four years, and to an extent, in two. In the meantime, that 1/3 can enjoy whatever comes out of a Democrat controlled House, Senate and Oval Office. :lol:

They control numerous state level governments, the courts and have been working to weave their anti-democratic tendencies into government on all levels for decades. Don't celebrate like the Death Star just got blown up unless you also remember there's two more movies to go before it even looks like you've won.
I suppose so, but I'm sure a lot will change for the better in the next four years.

It's going to be a lot of hard work before things improve. The possibility exists but don't count on it like it's inevitable unless you're prepared to end up very disappointed.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 7:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Tross wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's going to be a lot of hard work before things improve. The possibility exists but don't count on it like it's inevitable unless you're prepared to end up very disappointed.
I'm well aware that the cancer hasn't been eradicated, but the orange tumor has been removed. I know Biden has immediate plans to start at least attempting to deal with the pandemic, and I heard something about a tax for the 1%. It's a start.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 7:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Yes a remarkable contrast. I recall the police even arresting a couple of confused black journalists caught on live TV. Almost illustrating how they actually use racial profiling.

Meanwhile in Washington you have armed men carrying confederate flags and flex ropes for tying up people being allowed to wander through capitol hill without being stopped.