Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 1:27 am

I played it and loved it. I'd recommend it to anyone...except someone who is visually impaired. :( There's a lot of challenging platforming in this game, and there are dark stages...both figuratively, and literally, which will only make it more challenging for you. That's to say nothing of a stage that is the complete opposite, and is all white. You may or may not have an easier time with that one...except it's the most challenging platforming stage in the game.

But, I certainly enjoyed the environmental storytelling of this game. It's killed other Metroidvanias for me, because I'm still looking for one that's as good as Hollow Knight.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2021, 2:26 pm

I know all the spoilers (to compensate for gameplay difficulties I've been reading up on the lore) and I know the stage you mean. I've even watched a couple of videos where every time the player gets hit they bass boost the sound for a second. They're funny but also show how hard the stage is!
Because of reading up on the lore I've felt a strong connection to the vessel concept. I made a post about it earlier in the thread.
I totally understand why Hollow Knight killed metroidvanias for you. I'm just hyped for Silksong - presumably you are too!