Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 6:47 pm

Only the trailer.
I'm not a fan of 3D animation that's designed to look 2D. But it can be a relatively cost- and time-effective way to create animation. However, the workload shifts towards making a 3D puppet first, while the animation production gets easier. It's still less work than drawing frame by frame or making photorealistic 3D animation.

If you're interested in that, it's called cel shading, or non-photorealistic rendering. There's a small community of enthusiasts developing tools for this to use with blender, ehich is an opensource, i.e., free, 3D software.
But don't let the pricetag fool you, blender has, over the course of two decades, become a serious animation package. You can easily make something like The Prophet with it.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 7:31 pm

shlaifu wrote:
Only the trailer.
I'm not a fan of 3D animation that's designed to look 2D. But it can be a relatively cost- and time-effective way to create animation. However, the workload shifts towards making a 3D puppet first, while the animation production gets easier. It's still less work than drawing frame by frame or making photorealistic 3D animation.

If you're interested in that, it's called cel shading, or non-photorealistic rendering. There's a small community of enthusiasts developing tools for this to use with blender, ehich is an opensource, i.e., free, 3D software.
But don't let the pricetag fool you, blender has, over the course of two decades, become a serious animation package. You can easily make something like The Prophet with it.

I felt the need to qualify that: you can not *easily* make something like the prophet. The software is totally capable of that, but 3D software is in general not easy to learn, it tends to be complicated and cluttered and some things are incredibly unintuitive, and that's not the fault of any specific software package, but ... Math.
Drawing animation, or working with puppets is more work, but far more intuitive.

ivyeight6
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2021, 8:30 pm

Do you know any animation without software?

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 9:30 pm

ivyeight6 wrote:
Do you know any animation without software?

Before computers, it was all done without software. But it required filmstock. I don't think you can easily work with filmstock anymore - I mean, it's going to be expensive to obtain and get deceloped, and you need projectors to play it. I do not recommend trying that.

But with basic vifeo editing software, you can animate any sorts of images. So, as long as you can take a picture of it, you can animate it.
There are people working on paper, or with oilpaint on glass, or, you know, puppets and clay. But they all take photographs, and play those on a computer. - you can do that with an ipad, too.
I'm not sure if phones can be used properly for it, yet.

ivyeight6
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2021, 4:00 pm

Thanks.