Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Almondo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2007, 6:02 pm

i call Judas priest and maiden british steel and motley crue and styx and guns also def leppard are the best.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

20 Dec 2007, 6:24 pm

Who believes the hype that Bullet for My Valentine is going to be the next Iron Maiden?

Almondo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2007, 6:26 pm

Never heard them how good are they?

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

20 Dec 2007, 7:49 pm

BFMV are pretty good. They only have one full length album so far. Metallica, more specifically Lars Ulrich considers BFMV one of his influences. The two new metallica songs on youtube that are supposed to be on the new metallica album, whenever that gets released, has a new drumming style. Lars drumming style for those two songs are similar to BMFV's drumming style.

Here are a couple BFMV songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5-klDsKhBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5-klDsKhBQ

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2007, 12:02 am

I don't particularly like BFMV. They're okay, but nowhere near as good as maiden. I mean, they don't even compare. Another annoying thing is that all the little emo scene kiddies absolutely adore them, which kinda puts me off a bit.

Almondo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2007, 9:09 am

does anyone like GNR cuz most of the members (other than AXL and Izzy) Formed velvet revolver really cool! How bout any zeppelin fans in the house cuz i saw Jason Bonam (zeppelins' drummers son) at a foreigner concert live when i saw def leppard and styx they did covers. :wink:

petal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2007, 3:50 am

Well, I'm not gunna list my whole collection or anything like the majority appear to be doing, just a couple of my faves

Agalloch
Blind Guardian
Slayer
Darkthrone
Iced Earth
Dream Theater
Metallica
Nightwish
Nile
Behemoth
Symphony X
Burzum

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2007, 2:24 pm

Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall
All That Remains
Element Eighty
Metallica
Hatebreed
Abigail Williams

That is about it.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:01 am

777 wrote:
Killswitch Engage
Shadows Fall
Element Eighty

That is about it.

I just recently got into Shadows Fall and bought a CD Lot for them, very cool band with very consistent quality (although The war Within is really forced with the heaviness; I love the AR of Balance though.)

Element Eighty is really forgotten yet I enjoy everything they've put out, which is rare for me. Even RUbbertooth gets some attention. What era do you like most? I love Mercuric often.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Iron Maiden
Blind Guardian
DragonForce
Nightwish
Disturbed
System of a Down

I like my metal to be melodic.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

Disturd isn't heavy enough vocally to be metal though. They are definitely hard rock but Indestructible and The Sickness were definitely heavier overall.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

SanityTheorist wrote:
Disturd isn't heavy enough vocally to be metal though. They are definitely hard rock but Indestructible and The Sickness were definitely heavier overall.

Oh STFU! The vocals do not need to be heavy for something to be metal. Why don't you go beat on Nightwish, they have freaking Operatic Vocals! Disturbed is probably the most vocally heavy band that I listed. Why does everyone pick on Disturbed?

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

I love DIsturbed, I just never really considered them metal. The guitarist is heavily influenced by Iron Maiden though, so they get credit for that.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

SanityTheorist wrote:
I love DIsturbed, I just never really considered them metal. The guitarist is heavily influenced by Iron Maiden though, so they get credit for that.

Well I consider them to definately be metal, not just hard rock, at least with their songs that I have.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm

Finntroll, Six Feet Under, Cradle Of Filth, Amon Amarth

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 5:20 am

In no order....

Classic Metal:

Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Accept, Saxon, Diamond Head, Exciter, Dio, Def Leppard (On through the Night to Pyromania), Doro/Warlock, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Heaven and Hell, Metal Church, Huntress, Ghost, In Solitude. 3 Inches of Blood

Glam Metal:

Motley Crue, W.A.S.P, Ratt, Quiet Riot (1st album)

Thrash Metal:

Metallica (first 3 albums), Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Exodus, Overkill, Testament, Death Angel, Sepultura (Max Cavalera era) Kreator, Sodom, Municipal Waste, Evile, Skeletonwitch, Cavalera Conspiracy, Sabbat, Warbringer, Black Breath

Death Metal:

Possessed (1st album), Death, Carcass, Deicide, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Kataklysm, Krisiun, (Melodic Death Metal): Arch Enemy, Soilwork (old), Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Dark Tranquillity, Mors Principium Est, At the Gates, Scar Symmetry, (Technical/Progressive Death): Nile, Spawn of Possession, Decapitated, Gojira, Opeth, (Blackened Death Metal): Behemoth, Goatwhore

Black Metal:

Bathory, Venom, Celtic Frost, Emperor, Satyricon (first 3 albums), Absu, Dimmu Borgir, Watain, Dissection, Rotting Christ, Melechesh, ChthoniC (even though they've ditched the corpsepaint)

Power/Symphonic Metal:

Manowar, Helloween, Sabaton, Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Epica (Recently discovered them, and i like their new album so far)

Doom/Stoner/Sludge Metal:

Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, (Death/Doom): Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Woods of Ypres, (Stoner metal): Electric Wizard, Sleep, Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin, (Sludge Metal): High on Fire, Crowbar, Kylesa, Baroness

Gothic Metal:

Type O Negative, Cradle of Filth (first 4 albums), Moonspell

Progressive Metal:

Queensryche, Mastodon, Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend Project, Symphony X, Hammers of Misfortune, Voivod

Folk Metal:

Agalloch, Wintersun, Korpiklanni, Alestorm, Tyr, Primordial, Slough Feg, Skyclad, Finntroll, Turisas

Industrial Metal:

Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, Ministry, Godflesh

Metalcore:

Killswitch Engage (first 2 albums, don't mind the Howard Jones era), Sylosis, Chimaira (first 4 albums), God Forbid, Shadows Fall

Groove Metal:

Pantera, Machine Head, White Zombie, Devildriver, Lamb of God

Other non-metal acts i enjoy include Faith No More, Biohazard, Corrosion of Conformity and Suicidal Tendencies. And i tend to keep an open mind to metal, sod the elitists!

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Last edited by LexingtonDeville on 06 Aug 2012, 10:33 am, edited 5 times in total.