17 Sep 2007, 12:54 am

striker wrote:
does glam metal count

If "Twisted Sister" keeps it brutal, then sure!! ! =}

HydroPurity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2007, 3:22 am

I love metal. But not love metal, lol. Here's a bunch of heavy stuff I listen to/have listened to in the past and still respect:

3 Inches of Blood, Acid Bath, Alice in Chains, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Asteroid, Bathory, Behemoth, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Buckethead, Cannibal Corpse, Celtic Frost, Chimaira, Clutch, Deicide, Devildriver, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Electric Wizard, Faith No More, Fantomas, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Fu Manchu, Goatwhore, Gogoroth, GWAR, Iron Maiden, Isis, Jimi Hendrix, Judas Priest, King Crimson, KMFDM, Kreator, Kyuss, Lamb of God, Led Zeppelin, Machine Head, Marduk, Mastodon, Mayhem, Megadeth, Melvins, Mercyful Fate, Meshuggah, Metallica (first 4 albums \m/), Mr. Bungle, Mudvayne (first album \m/), Mushroomhead, Neurosis, Nile, Opeth, Pantera, Pink Floyd (a lot of metalheads will deny their heaviness, but they can f**k off), Possessed, Primus, Rage Against the Machine, Rob Zombie, Rush, Satyricon, Sepultura (with Max and Igor), Slayer, Slipknot (first album \m/), Soilent Green, Soulfly, Testament, Tomahawk, Tool, White Zombie... But that's not all, I'M STILL DISCOVERING NEW GOOD METAL EVERYDAY. ONCE YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD EVERYTHING, YOU HEAR SOMETHING NEW THAT KICKS YOUR ASS!! !

Last edited by HydroPurity on 18 Sep 2007, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2007, 4:59 am

Vintersorg, one of the best vocalists/songwriters ever IMO.

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2007, 9:55 am

Blind Guardian
In Flames
Edguy
Rhapsody (Of Fire)
Iced Earth
Symphony X
Avantasia
Iron Maiden
Stratovarius
Helloween
Pain
Van Halen
Demons & Wizards
Amorphis

I occasionally listen to Atrocity, Dimmu Borgir or Amon Amarth, but only when I'm in the mood for the stronger stuff *lol*

Any of you ever been in Wacken? I went there this year, it was amazing ;)

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2007, 12:25 pm

Converge, Between the Buried and Me, Nile, Pig Destroyer, Genghis Tron, The Locust, As I Lay Dying, Burn the Priest, Black Dahlia Murder, Khanate, Mastodon, Every Time I Die, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus, Naglfar, Black Sabbath and of course Slayer.. Let's keep it somewhat metal, fellas, I've seen some bands with pretty dubious qualifications listed.

StonedRoach
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Sep 2007, 10:05 pm

Pantera
Metallica
Saxon
Black Sabbath
Black Label Society
HELLYEAH (that's the name of the band lol)
Godsmack
Disturbed

(if the last to are actually metal)

I'm also getting into Rammstein.

innov79
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Sep 2007, 10:57 pm

none :lol:

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:53 am

hmm... if people consider Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin to fall into this category in their own right then I guess Thin Lizzy. The degree to which I like Thin Lizzy is quite scary lol. :D

Deathklaat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2007, 11:49 am

Judas Priest, Metallica, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, Korn, Dio, Rammstein, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold, All That Remains, Slipknot, Tool, Mushroomhead, Queensryche, Pantera, Iced Earth, Disturbed

lugna_en
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2007, 11:06 pm

Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
Iced Earth

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2007, 12:15 am

Godflesh, Isis, Buckethead, Acid Bath (Who everybody should be a fan of), diSEMBOWELMENT, Faith No More, Helmet, Deftones, Zeni Geva, Strapping Young Lad, Stratovarius, Swans (Not sure if they count), Mael Mórdha, and Khanate.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Birdgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2007, 1:42 am

Therion is my favorite, though I don't listen to metal very often in general. I also like Ensiferum, Finntroll, Kamelot, Nocturnal Rites, Doomsword, Vintersorg, Rhapsody, Elvenking, Pagan's Mind, In Extremo, Morbid Angel, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, 3 Inches of Blood and a few others.

BlackMetalIstKrieg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2007, 1:45 am

I enjoy metal quite a bit.
A few mainstream bands:
Xasthur, Nargaroth, Nortt, Leviathan, Ulver, Deathspell Omega, Satanic Warmaster, Judas Iscariot, Nachtmystium, Fates Warning (1986-1994), Agalloch, Sculptured, Drudkh, Emperor, Immortal, Atheist, Darkthrone, Arsis, Lykathea Aflame, first 4 Burzum albums, Dissection, Impaled Nazarene, Alcest, Cattle Decapitation, Bloodhag, Negura Bunget, Wolves in the Throne Room, Grand Belial's Key, Averse Sefira, Doomsword, Zero Hour, Daylight Dies, Borknagar/Vintersorg, Winds, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Unexpect, Rotting Christ (going to see them in February)

Less mainstream bands:
Velvet Cacoon, Weakling, Make A Change... Kill Yourself, Catacombs, Strid, Mutiilation, Triskele, Wolven Ancestry, Astrofaes (whom I'm listening to now)

No, I do not blindly collect Black Legions bands, nor am I a black metal elitist, as many people presume.

and battle forth towards a brighter dawn

brfandan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Dec 2007, 4:12 am

i dont listen to many metal bands, but when i do they are gems

megadeth
metallica
slayer
anthrax
mastodon
pantera

i listen to a wide range of musical styles, but i connect mostly with hardcore/punk sorts

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2007, 12:09 pm

the first ones that comes to my mind

rammstein
metallica
slayer
iron maiden
system of a down
korpiklaani
dimmu borgir

and i could go on :P

Ioini
Raven
Raven

16 Dec 2007, 2:29 pm

Trivium (The Crusade)
Dragonforce
System of a Down
Megadeth
Killswitch Engage (Yes, I prefer some screamo metal but I actually understand the words when he screaming)
Godsmack