Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 7:21 pm

I considered replying to the Tinder thread, but I decided any more responses would likely derail it somewhat so I made this one instead. So, for anyone who has been following that - you'll know that I've been talking to a woman online. She has said that she would be interested in hanging out in the future (when possible).

Now, I also matched with someone else. We technically matched before I matched with the previously mentioned girl (for simplicity's sake I'll call her Claire and the newcomer Hannah). However, the chat was at first irresponsive. Then it picked up suddenly. Now it's moved to another platform, which I was concerned about initially - my first thought was 'Ah, I bet she doesn't want to unmatch because she doesn't want to seem rude but wants new followers on this other platform', since that's basically what happened last time with a different woman (I'll call her Kayla). I accepted this fate and was surprised to find that we talked even after the first conversation. When I spoke with Kayla on a new platform, we only ever spoke once and after that, when I tried to start the conversation again, she left me on read despite doing livestreams so she clearly had the time to respond.

Anyway, Hannah did not act in that manner. Often being the one to initiate conversation on this new platform. I ended up asking her on a first date (when we're allowed to, I did mention that it'd likely be a while till then and of course she's welcome to change her mind) which she said yes to. At first I played it fairly safe, I asked if she might want to get coffee with me without directly stating it was a date. I thought perhaps this would allow some breathing room just in case she was open to idea, but would prefer it if it was just a hang out. Which I would be OK with, always nice to make friends regardless. However, she asked me if I just asked her on a date. I responded "Depends, would you like it to be?" and she replied yes. The platform allows you to take real time photos and she's sent selfies to me before so at least I know she's not a catfish, she asked me to do the same to prove I wasn't catfishing her (which I take as a compliment :lol: ).

So, what do I know about Hannah? Well, she's the outdoorsy type, a foodie and likes to watch dramas. I know she doesn't draw but likes that I do, and that's she braver than me with the rock climbing. 8O We're both pretty average dancers but I don't hold that against her.

OK, what about Claire? I know she's a programmer like me and that we have a significant amount in common. However, unlike me she isn't the creative type. She's into meditation and scented candles which I think is OK but I'm not particularly into it. I know she's up for hanging out in the future, but I don't know if she's just looking for a friend (some use Tinder for this) because we've had a lot of friendly conversation but there hasn't been any flirting (unlike with Hannah).

I don't really know what to make of this. :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2021, 7:26 pm

You have no commitment. Hang out with anyone you want to hang out with. I believe it's simple as that.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2021, 3:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You have no commitment. Hang out with anyone you want to hang out with. I believe it's simple as that.

True.

---

Update: Recently, in a conversation with Hannah, I asked her for drawing suggestions. She suggested drawing her, so I decided to give it a go. I have more practice with drawing non-human animals, but I don't think I did too badly. Turned out a little more cartoony than anticipated, since I have a habit of drawing eyes a bit bigger than I should, but the overall shape and features look fairly accurate. I'll have to see what her response is, hopefully she goes easy on me. :lol: