Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2021, 12:38 pm

Watching sport is great when your team is winning but absolutely awful when your team is losing.

Can't do anything about it as a fan.

Makes you realise how much it's not you that makes them win, how separate it all is from you really.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 1:04 pm

Yeah, I understand how you feel even though I don't watch sports that much if at all.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 7:50 am

When the NY Knicks would lose, I would throw stuff at the TV.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 12:28 pm

I've logged off twitter for the first time in a year over it.

I liked twitter cos it was all just my football peers. No other teams.

But now everyone is desparate and angry.

Tweeting won't change anything.

Nothing we can do will change anything.

All it can do is teach us life lessons. Like: yeah it's ok to have big dreams but keep them to yourself & celebrate each milestone along the way so people don't mock you if your dreams don't come to pass.

Spent the last 9 years wanting 10 in a row. I can either be a glass half empty person and think 'we won't get it' or a glass half full person and think 'we got 9 in a row for the second time and neither time did we need to do big cheating [ie illegal stuff] to get there'.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 12:39 pm

To me, watching a sporting event is like watching other people play a video game -- I am not part of the action, and my attention does nothing to affect the outcome of the game.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2021, 12:49 pm

I’ve enjoyed watching sports since about age 7.

I used to play many sports...none of them well.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:04 pm

The weird thing about me following sports is that I would enjoy the show but not get into rivalries and hating players etc.
In fact, I got a nickname because I was wearing a rivals's hat, although, in my mind, I was wearing an NHL hat, nothing regarding the territorial defensive that most NTs are in. Anyway, that was back in school and the kids were ok with me, but I only discovered the "issue" much later . lol