Does anyone here identify as nonbinary?

Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 2:34 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
A manga I have been reading called Love Me for Who I Am, which has a non-binary main character (fem presenting AMAB), and just recently had the main character confronting their parents over their identity, which had me pretty much with tears in my eyes over it.

What a brave and courageous character! I'm rooting for them!

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 3:26 am

I tried to join the facebook nonbinary group and they ignored my application.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 4:19 am

@ TenMinutes

I was accepted into one on Facebook by just saying my identity and wanting to understand more. Maybe they just did not get around to it yet.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 10:37 am

Bradleigh wrote:
@ TenMinutes

I was accepted into one on Facebook by just saying my identity and wanting to understand more. Maybe they just did not get around to it yet.

Yeah, that must be it. It's only been four days.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 1:36 pm

I wish I could be part of a nonbinary or LGBTQ+ forum... Sigh.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2021, 8:30 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
@ TenMinutes

Yeah, that must be it. It's only been four days.

The group I joined is called Non-Binary Gender Pride, I do remember the group requiring to submit why they want to join it. Are you able to say what you wrote?

As is, I only rarely go on, I am far too shy for a lot of social networking, mostly a way to feel some affirmation by seeing other people. I especially like seeing pictures of other people, but I am far too insecure over myself. There have been big jumps where I have updated my Facebook picture, and I would say I am happier how my presentation has changed in bits. And it was a big thing for me on my last birthday that I made a post on Facebook on my identity.

Pretty difficult to get over social anxiety to be able to interact with others while being more forward.

SpottedMushroom
Raven
Raven

26 Feb 2021, 9:56 pm

This thread is like a roll call. Here!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 11:47 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Am I the only one around here who's nonbinary? Or are there others?

I have the impression 50% of the WP membership is non-binary. :mrgreen:

I am a non-binary *thinker* if that helps. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 11:52 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Am I the only one around here who's nonbinary? Or are there others?

Could you describe how you are non-binary?
I'm an old het male and I am still learning about these things.

[I finally turned off autocorrect.
What a biatch. :roll: ]

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 11:54 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I too identify as mostly void partially girl. The fluidity comes from how voidy or female I'm feeling at any given moment.

How do you like to dress?

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 2:03 pm

Pepe wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
I too identify as mostly void partially girl. The fluidity comes from how voidy or female I'm feeling at any given moment.

Mostly androgynous leaning towards feminine. Other times quite feminine. Not masculine though. I feel disconnected from masculinity, and not due to a hate of men or anything.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 4:59 pm

I was looking up the explanation for the colours of the non-binary flag.

Quote:
The non-binary flag was created in 2014 by activist Kye Rowan. Each stripe color represents different types of non-binary identities: Yellow for people who identify outside of the gender binary, white for nonbinary people with multiple genders, purple for those with a mixture of both male and female genders, and black for agender individuals.

Under the non-binary umbrella are all those who identify off the gender binary. There are many different identities within this category including androgyny, genderqueerness (which includes agender, ceterosexual, gender fluid, intergender), third gender, and transgender.

So I understand that it has those four flavours, or even possible mix, like if someone could be a mix of outside the binary and agender. Could agender be the void? I can also find something called gendervoid.

Probably a difficulty in enby representation, when there is a lot of ways to be non-binary. I have tried some experimentation in games, with what resources are available in character customisation, and it doesn't always go the most helpful.

I often struggle to understand myself, so I feel good for those who do appear to have themselves covered, putting it up to years of justifying other reasons that I felt disconnected from being male. So I have often tried to think back to how I might have felt before I gave into certain explanations despite myself. Like I remember reading mythology and being curious of the likes of Hermaphroditus, who is both male and female (feels a little sad that the word they are the basis of is now a slur), Loki's own gender swapping nature. Or ideas of angels, where their true nature is alien to the ideas of gender, and or in a more human shape look androgynous.

I am super not brave enough to totally change my clothing, but I have thought about what could be nice. One idea was something like half a skirt that could be worn over or part of long pants, not super feminine but a touch. I am also curious about asymmetrical styles that could be used to highlight different things, but it also sounds a little flashy, although at the moment I am keeping my nails asymmetrical, I am not sure if it makes me look like a total dork. My nails grow too fast as is. I have been pretty fond with the look of my Eivor in Assassin's Creed Valhalla where she asymmetric hair and a tattoo. I have never been able to style my hair to look asymmetric though, it generally bothers me when it gets in my eyes, whether I need to actually look up a proper haircut that is asymmetric.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 2:59 pm

Yes, I think that my 'void' gender is, well, voidgender! I believe it either means your gender literally is a void or there is a blank space/void where a gender would be. I identify with both (and with the concept of the void generally, as you know)! My feminine gender I think is demigirl. I think I could have other genders as well. I also experiment with character creation. It's a favourite of mine. I guess I don't rally care about asymmetry that much. There's something about a roughly symmetrical outfit that exudes this sense of logic to me, and I like it.

TV133
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2021, 4:45 pm

Yep I identify as Agender. I still dress male tho. And put male on sites with my face on it or where others I know irl are on it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 4:48 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Pepe wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

Mostly androgynous leaning towards feminine. Other times quite feminine. Not masculine though. I feel disconnected from masculinity, and not due to a hate of men or anything.

Is it wrong for me to mention you come across as more feminine than masculine?

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 2:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
Pepe wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

Is it wrong for me to mention you come across as more feminine than masculine?

Your observations are accurate. And you have no bad intentions by saying so. No, it is not wrong. (I have no true desire to come across as more masculine anyway, due to my disconnect from it.)