Does anyone here identify as nonbinary?

Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 2:44 pm

Am I the only one around here who's nonbinary? Or are there others?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 3:23 pm

I’m nonbinary, specifically agender.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 4:18 pm

Pretty sure that there are a few of us enbies.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 6:27 pm

Another nonbinary person here. Hi hi.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

18 Jan 2021, 8:02 am

Hi there, I'm going to go with probably non-binary.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 3:13 pm

I think I'm genderfluid. No idea what my genders are though.

pat57
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2021, 6:36 pm

Me too. i am agender.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 6:42 am

Yeah, I flow between female (my birth sex) and androgynous/agender.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 3:56 pm

I too identify as mostly void partially girl. The fluidity comes from how voidy or female I'm feeling at any given moment.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 4:00 pm

I'm a binary trans guy, but when I first came out I considered that I was nonbinary. Sometimes I still get really confused about my gender and wonder if I am nonbinary, especially because some of my experiences as a trans dude don't match up with other trans men. I think autism makes figuring out gender really hard sometimes. lol

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 6:03 pm

I am confused over my own gender within non-binary too.

I have previously described it as my mind made up of various people at a table, more of fragments rather than different personalities, and it feels like I know that they are different genders. Kind of like Riley from Inside Out, where everyone else's inner people are one gender, Riley's are a mix of genders. I couldn't tell you something like my ratios though, the aggregate is just some messy blur, not helped by I think that I am so concerned with not coming across as weird, which never helps.

A character that always fascinated me was Zelda, especially from Ocarina of Time, where she is both a feminine princess, a tomboy as said by a Gossip Stone, and the more masculine Sheik. That they might be contradictions, but make up a whole person. I think that is some element of genderfluid.

I think that I have more been able to explore it with game avatars or persona. Dusky is my longer running character name, he is usually male, but I can't have him as too masculine, thus he would usually be a magic user or something. Duksei on the other hand is a female game persona, and I usually make her a more masculine character, probably with something like short hair, and she can be the more masculine classes or playstyles that I feel uncomfortable with Dusky. Hasn't appeared much, but Dusk was what I used in a game without a gender, probably agender. I have felt compelled to mess with the formulae more, like I could have more feminine characters, and wanting to create androgynous characters, but few games let you do a lot in creating a satisfying androgynous character, Cyberpunk one example where I ended up a bit disappointed by the choices. Most of the time androgynous Dusky just ends up looking like a goth with long hair and lipstick.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 6:07 pm

i have no barcode at all! searched everywhere
so how do i work out what i am then?...

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

26 Jan 2021, 9:42 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
i have no barcode at all! searched everywhere

My barcode was under my eyelid, have you looked there? It was a bit hard to read though so that's why I'm not sure.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 2:38 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I am confused over my own gender within non-binary too.

I have previously described it as my mind made up of various people at a table, more of fragments rather than different personalities, and it feels like I know that they are different genders. Kind of like Riley from Inside Out, where everyone else's inner people are one gender, Riley's are a mix of genders. I couldn't tell you something like my ratios though, the aggregate is just some messy blur, not helped by I think that I am so concerned with not coming across as weird, which never helps.

A character that always fascinated me was Zelda, especially from Ocarina of Time, where she is both a feminine princess, a tomboy as said by a Gossip Stone, and the more masculine Sheik. That they might be contradictions, but make up a whole person. I think that is some element of genderfluid.

I think that I have more been able to explore it with game avatars or persona. Dusky is my longer running character name, he is usually male, but I can't have him as too masculine, thus he would usually be a magic user or something. Duksei on the other hand is a female game persona, and I usually make her a more masculine character, probably with something like short hair, and she can be the more masculine classes or playstyles that I feel uncomfortable with Dusky. Hasn't appeared much, but Dusk was what I used in a game without a gender, probably agender. I have felt compelled to mess with the formulae more, like I could have more feminine characters, and wanting to create androgynous characters, but few games let you do a lot in creating a satisfying androgynous character, Cyberpunk one example where I ended up a bit disappointed by the choices. Most of the time androgynous Dusky just ends up looking like a goth with long hair and lipstick.

I really like that interpretation of genderfluidity! Your use of in-game avatars is also a cool concept.

FlaminPika
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2021, 10:59 pm

While it's hard for me to understand myself, I think I could probably say I'm agender. Reason is simply that I'm not masculine, but I'm not feminine either. Of course, some individuals might just call me a 'beta male', and I don't really care. I believe the gender binary is itself a narrow minded concept that shuts off the conversation before it can even happen when people are simply trying to understand themselves. It's a shame that some people will never be okay with the idea of gender and sex not having the same exact meaning.

But anyways: I am a man, but due to my lack of masculinity it feels strange for me to see myself as one as it pertains to gender. To further add to that, when I read lists of how males and females typically behave and what qualities they have, I find myself aligning slightly more with the female list, but I wouldn't check off a lot of boxes for either.

Online I don't really use pronouns. I don't mind they/them but I also don't care much. I let people call me a he if they want. If people ever assume that I'm a she I don't correct them. Sometimes I even enjoy it. At times I might exhibit gender-fluid tendencies, like typing 'girly' online because I find the aesthetic and diversity in how females type fun or taking webcam pictures wearing makeup and looking more feminine.

But I don't know, I'm still really confused about myself and I don't know how I would describe my gender identity other than simply not having one.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2021, 1:26 am

A manga I have been reading called Love Me for Who I Am, which has a non-binary main character (fem presenting AMAB), and just recently had the main character confronting their parents over their identity, which had me pretty much with tears in my eyes over it.

FlaminPika wrote:
Of course, some individuals might just call me a 'beta male', and I don't really care. I believe the gender binary is itself a narrow minded concept that shuts off the conversation before it can even happen when people are simply trying to understand themselves. It's a shame that some people will never be okay with the idea of gender and sex not having the same exact meaning.

People who use the whole beta male thing are cringe. It is like, way to go in adopting a highly disputable study for wolves that was debunked by the person that created the idea. I just recently heard the idea of I think Sigma Males, which was the idea of a person who is cool but doesn't try, which was essentially the quite loner type that are likely to be school shooters or something. It is silly that the same people who are critical of the idea of gender separate from sex that there would be different gender like those under non-binary, are the exact kind that are so ready to buy into new versions of males.

The idea of meeting some idea of masculinity never really made sense to me, rather than just maybe not wanting to be seen as strange. I remember one time in Highschool I showed someone an idea of a dance, and were pretty much told it was too girly or something, and I was mostly embarrassed that I crossed some idea of gender that I had no idea.

I wish that I was more brave with things, I recently have been experimenting with things like my nails, having only one hand with long nails and nail polish and were thinking about ideas of maybe having one half of my hair be longer. I generally can rarely correct people when they refer to me with male terms.