annoyed at a teacher and I'm here to rant

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mafinic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2021, 12:18 pm

Yes, sometimes a life is really frustrating...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 2:47 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
When I graduate with my undergraduate degree, I am going to start job hunting. I could later go on to a master's, but I probably won't. Personally I have heard that employers (not all) can sometimes be critical of people that gain a master's in my area before having any form of employment. Having experience and a good portfolio are the main things.

Agreed.
Having experience, rather than being a 'professional student' does have clout.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 9:47 am

I'm sticking to this class. However, I can certainly understand why approximately 50% of students opt out and switch to other electives. He can be difficult to get along with. I had another lesson with him today where he explained that in previous years he had lazy students from my course and seems to be acting on the assumption that all students from my course behave in this manner. His hostility can deter people from my course as it is clear that he holds low expectations for us and has a bias in favour of his course / main group of students. Which in turn skews the statistics and supports his bias.

But you know what? Tough. I want to learn this and I'm not leaving.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 6:19 pm

On the plus side, my classmates haven't been rude to me at all. It's been a rough module - I hadn't used the software for a few years now, so I was out of practice and I'd never properly attempted to animate in the software before this module. So naturally, ending up in a group with students that have had three years of continuous practice, compared to my lack of practice and a few months to catch up, had me a bit worried.

I did consider dropping the subject several times - but I disliked all the other options as well, so it wasn't much of a choice at all. So I stuck with it, knowing that it wouldn't be at the standard of everyone else, but aiming for at least functional. I think the fact that I even managed it is worth something. It's not the cleanest animation, but it's complete and it meets the assignment requirements so I'm hoping at the very least it'll get a pass. Even if I flunk it, my grades should average out, but I don't think it'll fail. It does meet the requirements after all.