Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2021, 8:40 pm

The old thread is not showing new posts and so I am starting a new one.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 9:03 pm

There used to be a crossing like this not far from here and I used to operate it when I was a teenager. They did not make many like this.

https://youtu.be/mRQt_PMhBXY

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2021, 9:59 pm

I love railroad crossings. I find them very fascinating to look at.

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2021, 9:55 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
There used to be a crossing like this not far from here and I used to operate it when I was a teenager. They did not make many like this.

https://youtu.be/mRQt_PMhBXY

That's nice.

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2021, 3:12 am

I didn't know this post existed! I just found out about it!

To answer the question in the title, I DO (for those who don't know!) I prefer the North American crossings the most, as well as Australia's, The Netherlands, some of Argentina's and Brazil's! Germany's and the UK's and the Czech Republic's are okay too!

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Apr 2021, 1:57 pm

TimmyTurnerFan1 wrote:
I didn't know this post existed! I just found out about it!

To answer the question in the title, I DO (for those who don't know!) I prefer the North American crossings the most, as well as Australia's, The Netherlands, some of Argentina's and Brazil's! Germany's and the UK's and the Czech Republic's are okay too!

Important things for people to be safe at railroad crossings:

Never stop on the tracks.

Always stop when the lights and bells come on even if the bars haven't yet come down. Unfortunately I have seen videos where people have crossed crossings with the lights and bells going before the bars had come down. Just because the gates haven't come down yet doesn't mean it is okay to cross.

If your car stalls on the tracks exit the car immediately even if there is no approaching train in sight. Report that your car stalled on the tracks and if they say there is time to safely move your car then push your car off the tracks.