Interesting, numerous "coincidences" associated with Quran

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What are "coincidences" associated with original Quran's text in your opinion?
Results of "mere mathematical chance", just random dependencies 81%  81%  [ 13 ]
Signs from God 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tricks of one or more evil beings (like demons) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Something "made" by space aliens, extraterrestrials 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Something other... 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

himmellaufen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2022, 8:34 pm

Reminds me of the time I was very much into Islam. Fun stuff.

Op, have you tried getting into hermeticism? Sounds like it would be up your valley.

Quote:
Whoever describes Allah even with a single human quality/attribute, has disbelieved/blasphemed. So whoever understands this, will take heed and refrain from such statements as those of disbelievers, and knows that Allah in His attributes is utterly unlike human beings.

Just btw tho, wouldn't that mean that Quran and the prophet, blessed be his soul, are blasphemers? It does describe Allah as merciful in the very beginning, then starts rambling about what he hates and what makes Allah angry....

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2022, 11:36 am

Someone might ask: "does the Quran say that existence of Allah is good?".

www.thetruthisfromgod.com - this site "blew my mind"... Teachings present on this site are SCARY. Author of this site believes in eternal hell. He definitely does not believe in universal salvation. He is very Quran-oriented. He (Yosr, Yos, YS) considers himself the ultimate messenger of God because of the content of very, very short verse of Quran (36:1), which is "usually" translated as "Ya Seen", "Ya Sin", but Yosr concluded that the verse 36:1 refers to him because his name Yosr is simplified to the form "Yos" and, according to him, the correct pronunciation/translation of Q. 36:1 is merely "Yos". Muhammad also had "shorter version of his name" - "Ahmad" (and the shorter version in one place in the Quran appears). Mentality thinks that it is a "coincidence-type" phenomenon. I also experienced many "coincidences" in my life.

Of course, "cause of Yosr/Yos" is not the only "coincidence-type" phenomenon associated with the text of the Quran. Generally, the number of "coincidences" associated with the Quran is "frighteningly" jaw-dropping!

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 5:49 pm

A site suggesting that the Quran must be the last revelation from God: https://www.miracles-of-quran.com/index.html

For "mentality", teachings of Quran look malevolent, ridiculous, cruel, capricious, problematic, superstitious etc. It sees nothing good in torturing poor, weak sinners (especially without end!), in irreversibility of certain sins and absolute lack of chances for reconciliation with God for certain creatures, in cutting off hand for theft (especially if the theft is not monstrous), in compulsory fasting without eating (or even drinking) from dawn to dusk, in ritual prayers and ritual purifications, in pilgrimage to Mecca and rituals associated with it, in prohibition of pork etc.

"Mentality" supposes that the MORAL worth of the Quran is MINUS infinity, not PLUS infinity or even zero. "It" supposes that the Quran is the biggest test for mankind in the entire history of humans, because, according to "mentality's" hypotheses, Quran is the extremely cunning and crafty deception which contains many correct content (such as monotheism and afterlife) and Quran, according to, "it", is "equipped" with really, really huge number of striking "coincidences" associated with mathematics, linguistic or maybe also science which makes the Quran looking as something which only God could give to humanity and which just can't be not His revelation due to "inconceivable complexity" of Quranic "coincidences".

According to "mentality", there is only one divine being, Who is The Perfect Ideal, Almighty and Omniscient, unitarian and indivisible, non-spatial, non-temporal, non-physical, Unique, Transcendent, without beginning and without end, unchangeable, indestructible and immortal, Who created everyone and everything who or which is not Him ex nihilo, Who is the only unconditional being and the only necessary being. Quran teaches the same which, according to "mentality's" hypotheses, made it profoundly cunning. "Mentality" supposes that "the best lie should contain a lot of truth and a bit of deadly, insidious falsehood".

"Mentality" knows that God would know everything about the Quran even when Arabic language would have been never spoken in the entire history of Creation due to His infinite knowledge about all possible and impossible scenarios (which is even independent of the knowledge about the future, which would not require the perfect, completely precise knowledge about the future, about deeds of beings who have free will).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 4:49 pm

https://www.quora.com/Could-synchronici ... e-universe - Could synchronicities be caused by demons or evil spirits to trick you into thinking it's from your guides or the universe?

"Mentality": "The biggest source of "coincidences" or "synchronicities" about which I have read is THE QURAN!! !"

Number of Quranic "coincidences" is astonishingly huge. There are very many texts about Quran's "coincidences" in English language in the Internet. Does these very numerous "coincidences" mean that the Quran is definitely the (final) revelation of One, Only, Omniscient and Omnipotent God? Could one or any larger number of fallen angels construct the text of the Quran, which is "overfilled" with "synchronicities"? "Coincidences" in the Quran are often associated with complex calculations, numerical systems or even events occurring above thousand years after the death of Muhammad! Unclean spirits are only creatures, they are not omniscient, they are not omnipotent.

Every natural number larger than one has infinitely many different natural powers, even if the "original" natural number is inconceivably big. But any finite number is almost nothing compared to mathematical infinity. Mathematical infinity is "pretty obvious", but "unlimited".

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2024, 12:57 pm

I think Muhammad was definitely on to something, but lost his way at some point. The later Medinan surahs just don't have the same divine spark as the earlier Meccan surahs.

But he was a Prophet, for sure. Just like Sidharttha Gautama, Baha'ullah, and Aleister Crowley.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 5:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am ex-muslim btw, but been atheist for more than 20 years I guess?

Aren't you technically supposed to report somewhere and get your head chopped off?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 1:29 pm

Honey69 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am ex-muslim btw, but been atheist for more than 20 years I guess?

Aren't you technically supposed to report somewhere and get your head chopped off?

My head is really chopped off ever since, can't you see in my avatar photo?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 4:03 pm

I always assumed something like that was the case, but I feared that asking directly might seem indelicate.