Chinese spies stalking people in Australia

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:44 pm

Quote:
China harassing Uighurs in Australia: US

The United States has suggested China is harassing members of the minority Uighur community in Australia.

American ambassador to Australia Arthur Culvahouse said he was outraged by the levels of intimidation and argued there should be serious consequences.

"What is happening, and it's unacceptable, is that Uighur who are lawfully in Australia, who are raised in Australia, working, paying taxes in Australia are being harassed by agents of a foreign power," he told ABC News on Thursday.

"They're being monitored. There's police cars, fake police cars, that are with Chinese police logos parked outside their residences.

"They're being profiled in Xinjiang back in China; are being punished for any time they express their concerns about how their community is being treated, and as a freedom-loving democracy, we are outraged."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14231

Quote:
Why we should suspect China’s secret police are at work on our streets

The US Department of Justice has just unsealed an indictment that tells a chilling story of surveillance, harassment and coercion carried out by China’s state security agencies on the streets of US cities.

Several operatives working for China’s Ministry of Public Security (MPS) targeted two Chinese citizens living in New Jersey in an attempt to force them to return to China to face charges of corruption. The married couple, “John Doe” and “Jane Doe”, were pursued as part of Chairman Xi Jinping’s “Operation Fox Hunt”, which has been used to repatriate dissidents and Xi’s political rivals as well as officials suspected of corruption.

The story is highly relevant to Australia, as Chinese security forces are operating illegally on our streets.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/why- ... 56a17.html

Quote:
Chinese spies stalking people in Australia

Chinese spies are stalking people in Australia, in a move the American Ambassador has labelled “unacceptable”. The revelation comes as Hong Kong students in Victoria report being harassed by Chinese students.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/ ... de=premium

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 12:59 pm

There are no Chinese spies in Australia.
If there are, they are not harassing Uighurs.
If they are, you do not understand why.
If you do, it is not a big deal.
If it is, the NSW Aborigines Welfare Board did much worse.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 1:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
There are no Chinese spies in Australia.
If there are, they are not harassing Uighurs.
If they are, you do not understand why.
If you do, it is not a big deal.
If it is, the NSW Aborigines Welfare Board did much worse.

Whoa!
Irrationality, muchly. 8O

Denying 3 different news sources, and attacking "the NSW Aborigines Welfare Board"?! !

Why did you bring the Welfare Board into it?
I don't fully get the connection. :scratch:

Are you attacking Australia simply because the sea sea pee has been caught out? 8O

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 5:33 pm

One point five percent of the US population is autistic. If China is at the same rate then that means that the autistic population of China is almost equal to the ENTIRE population of Australia.

If China sent 15 million tourists to Australia it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary in either China or Australia. And...on cue... each Chinese tourist could...whip out a neck tie, and garrote a random Australian on the street. One percent of their people could travel to Australia, and each could whack just one Australian, and that would be enough for China to wipe out Australia's entire adult population! Then our Chinese tourists could proceed to use pillows to suffocate the remaining ten million Australian bambinos. Genocide without nukes!

Not saying that they would do it. But a far lesser crime, like... monitoring expat members of a small troublesome minority ethnic group in their country who live in a small population foreign country?

China has the motive, and the manpower, to do it. Seems plausible to me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 6:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
One point five percent of the US population is autistic. If China is at the same rate then that means that the autistic population of China is almost equal to the ENTIRE population of Australia.

If China sent 15 million tourists to Australia it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary in either China or Australia. And...on cue... each Chinese tourist could...whip out a neck tie, and garrote a random Australian on the street. One percent of their people could travel to Australia, and each could whack just one Australian, and that would be enough for China to wipe out Australia's entire adult population! Then our Chinese tourists could proceed to use pillows to suffocate the remaining ten million Australian bambinos. Genocide without nukes!

Not saying that they would do it. But a far lesser crime, like... monitoring expat members of a small troublesome minority ethnic group in their country who live in a small population foreign country?

China has the motive, and the manpower, to do it. Seems plausible to me.

Fnords post is an unusual response, but I don't want to focus on that.

I was being accused of being a racist, again, and wanted to provide 'evidence' that my concerns are justified, especially for someone who has a history of being gang-stalked for 20-30 years of his life.

I actually had some suspicious activity a few months ago and that motivated me into getting serious about forking with the algorithms.

While I wasn't triggered by the misinterpretation of why I camouflage some words, I did want to clarify what motivated me to do it.

Yes, I find these constant attempts at character assassination tedious.
But what can a skunk do? :shrug:

The irony is, Fnord should understand the 'Pepe Derangement Syndrome' that is being used against me. 8)

And one more thing,

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 8:06 am

I agree that Fnord's response was less than appropriate for a number of reasons.

But... 8O

I didn't realize that you brought this up for the reason that you apparently did. To find evidence for this belief you have that you yourself are being personally spied on by the government of Beijing.

Youre not an Uighur refugee.

Unless youre some kind of VIP in Australian government, industry, or media, I doubt that Beijing would find you interesting enough to spy on.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 11:01 am

I don't think Pepe is saying that they are spying on him personally but there are Chinese agents spying on expats in Australia. I suspect he is right.

According to Wikipedia:

The Government of China is engaged in espionage overseas, directed through diverse methods via the Ministry of State Security, the United Front Work Department, and People's Liberation Army as well as their numerous front organizations and state-owned enterprises. It is employs a variety of tactics including cyber spying to gain access to sensitive information remotely, signals intelligence, and human intelligence. China is also engaged in industrial espionage aimed at gathering information to bolster its economy, as well as monitoring dissidents abroad such as supporters of the Tibetan independence movement and Uyghurs as well as the Taiwan independence movement, the Hong Kong independence movement, Falun Gong, pro-democracy activists, and other critics of the Chinese Communist Party.

Chinese intelligence activity abroad

But seeing how Pepe is a critic of the CCP, who knows they might be spying on him. I don't think so IMHO because who pays any attention to what Aspies say anyways.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 11:43 am

Pepe is not a Chinese national ex pat, nor he is a political activist. He would have to be both for them to spy on him. So I doubt they would spy on him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 11:58 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe is not a Chinese national ex pat, nor he is a political activist. He would have to be both for them to spy on him. So I doubt they would spy on him.
Hence, he has no direct experience with the alleged "spying".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 12:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Hence, he has no direct experience with the alleged "spying".

But the problem is that...he THINKS that he IS experiencing it. Apparently.

He said that strange things have happened to him to cause him to conclude that THEY are spying on him. My point is that whatever those strange things were, they are just meaningless coincidences, and that Pepe is just not as important to Beijing as Pepe seems to think that he is. :lol:

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 1:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Unless youre some kind of VIP in Australian government, industry, or media, I doubt that Beijing would find you interesting enough to spy on.

And if one *did* belong to a category worthy of espionage efforts by the Chinese government, then simply swapping the word "China" for a similar-sounding alternative when posting on a message board is unlikely to deter anyone with even the slightest intelligence gathering skills.

For instance, the OP of this thread includes the words: Uighur, Xinjiang, freedom, democracy, Hong Kong, surveillance, harassment and coercion. It would be much easier for an algorithm to identify red flags based on a combination of these words than on the single general word "China" which could pop up in millions of different circumstances.

Having identified the OP based on these words, they could then review the person's posting history to find personal information about age, gender, education, occupation, residency etc, exploit 0-day vulnerabilities in the website's cryptographic hash function to get the person's password and email, use the additional profile information to identify the person's online shopping habits, acquire the person's physical address from online orders, satellite image the person's home to establish daily activity patterns, Install remote cameras and or keyloggers to acquire the password to the person's personal computer, copy that person's browser history to get compromising information to use for leverage, rummage through that person's trash to get the person's DNA and frame the person for the murders of JFK and Jesus.

I'd be more worried about the oncoming necktie and pillow genocide, though...

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 2:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

So the element of doubt has crept in. You know what they say about the word ASSUME.

"Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 3:09 pm

Well...ya never know.

Maybe Pepe is the son of an atomic scientist.

https://youtu.be/h3q9ExRobeQ

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2021, 3:58 pm

I understand the CCP Chinese spying story but I'm afraid it's an old one and is hardly news.

Ever since Chinese students, expats and tourists have been allowed to enter Australia from the 1980s the Australian government has known the CCP send spies to keep an eye.

It's hardly earth shattering news they are monitoring (unlike when Putin sent Russian spies to poison one of their expats in the UK which is news).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 3:29 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I agree that Fnord's response was less than appropriate for a number of reasons.

But... 8O

I didn't realize that you brought this up for the reason that you apparently did. To find evidence for this belief you have that you yourself are being personally spied on by the government of Beijing.

Youre not an Uighur refugee.

Quote:
Zhenhua Data: 35,000 Aussies being spied on by China as part of ‘psychological war’

Tens of thousands of Australians — including celebrities, politicians and journalists and one skunk— have had their data collected by a company with links to Chinese military and intelligence networks.

Researchers say the massive collection of information is being used as a “psychological warfare” tool to manipulate public opinion in Australia.

The database was published overnight after it was leaked to a US academic, and it shows 2.4 million people around the world have been targeted — including 35,000 Australians.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 911a96319b

You do realise the see see pee has zero-tolerance regarding criticism of their totalitarian regime, right?
I have been critical of them, for quite some time.
It is only prudent to mitigate attention.

As I have said, it is only reasonable for someone who has been targeted by gang-stalking for 20-30 years to be cautious wherever possible.

You do realise that the see see pee is targeting the Australian economy because it was Australia who initiated the plan to investigate the origins of the coronavirus, right?

You do realise the see see pee has recently mounted massive cyber-attacks against Australia because of the inquiry, right?

Or do you?

Australia is under the microscope and posts are screened.
If you think the see see pee wouldn't have algorithms checking information all around the world, I will happy to pay for your plane ticket back to "Fantasy Island". :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 3:40 am

jimmy m wrote:
I don't think Pepe is saying that they are spying on him personally but there are Chinese agents spying on expats in Australia. I suspect he is right.

According to Wikipedia:

The Government of China is engaged in espionage overseas, directed through diverse methods via the Ministry of State Security, the United Front Work Department, and People's Liberation Army as well as their numerous front organizations and state-owned enterprises. It is employs a variety of tactics including cyber spying to gain access to sensitive information remotely, signals intelligence, and human intelligence. China is also engaged in industrial espionage aimed at gathering information to bolster its economy, as well as monitoring dissidents abroad such as supporters of the Tibetan independence movement and Uyghurs as well as the Taiwan independence movement, the Hong Kong independence movement, Falun Gong, pro-democracy activists, and other critics of the Chinese Communist Party.

Chinese intelligence activity abroad

But seeing how Pepe is a critic of the CCP, who knows they might be spying on him. I don't think so IMHO because who pays any attention to what Aspies say anyways.

I am not saying I know they are.
I am saying, as a victim of long term gang-stalking, I feel more comfortable with codifying certain words to lessen the possibility of gaining attention.

It isn't failsafe, either, but it is better than nothing since I am not going to stop pointing out what is happening to Australia.
Many Amerikans are Amerikan-centric and don't have a clue about the damage that is being done to us.

Call me a stubborn aspie. 8)

And one more thing,