Page 6 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

05 Feb 2021, 9:50 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Rexi wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
some of us aspies at least, need to learn how to be our own valentine. :heart:

Looks like I'll be in that camp as well. Wanna get hammered come V-day? I still have some of the 1.75L Belvedere vodka my boss gave me for Christmas. Wise man, knows I'd need to drown for the holidays.

sounds like you got a nice boss, relatively speaking. no boss ever gave me booze for xmas.

My boss gave me expired beer for my bday and I don't even drink alcohol.

Didn't know alcohol can expire, both, because alcohol, and because it usually gets consumed quicker than any possible expiration date a consumable might have.
Not much of a drinker myself, but since I have no medication to manage panic attacks, a shot of something stiff loosens up my chest so I can breathe easy.

I see you liked Black Swan, too.

I really like Android movies but sadly I don't think I watched Blade Runner. i liked this, there is so much content in this movie that i absolutely love, themes they debate
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2317225/

And of course the totally lovable Chappie with a series of completely entertaining and perfectly stylish events

Philosophical psychology? Probably, i mean if they are good, philosophies on what's not actually already discovered, but not as much as the already checked to work, i mean there's a lot to learn, i suppose I prefer to learn

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 05 Feb 2021, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2021, 1:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
my toy santas, in a very real sense, are all my nearly 100k posts.

Not sure if she was hoping for a variation on those garden gnome toys...
It's a good thing I'm an atheist, I would burn in hell for that otherwise. :lol:

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 9:15 am

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
dorkseid wrote:
sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Never stop believing in love

For other people, perhaps.

Even with a broken heart, i choose to never believe in love, no matter if i've been betrayed or hurt. I refuse to be bitter
. Meant to type believe in love not never lol. :heart: Di spite social conditioning, heartbreak or even if say you're from a loveless environment it can make you feel shut off and protect yourself from hurt but we humans,we're designed to be loving, nurturing emotional beings. If you have a baby, love them, even if you weren't loved as a child. Be the change

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 1:40 pm

if one has not been loved, not personally experienced the feel of it, how does one learn to love?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 6:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if one has not been loved, not personally experienced the feel of it, how does one learn to love?

Maybe by treating others how you would enjoy being treated?

Think about the roles reversed and what you would like if you were in the other person's situation.

At least, that's been the best I can come up with. . .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 6:47 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Maybe by treating others how you would enjoy being treated? Think about the roles reversed and what you would like if you were in the other person's situation. At least, that's been the best I can come up with. . .

for most of us, that is a mightily tall ask. a lot of folk esp. those with TOM issues [many aspie males] have specific trouble doing the role reversal thing.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 7:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Maybe by treating others how you would enjoy being treated? Think about the roles reversed and what you would like if you were in the other person's situation. At least, that's been the best I can come up with. . .

for most of us, that is a mightily tall ask. a lot of folk esp. those with TOM issues [many aspie males] have specific trouble doing the role reversal thing.

I'm not sure what TOM is?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 7:27 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Theory Of Mind

Theory of mind (ToM) is the ability to attribute mental states to ourselves and others, serving as one of the foundational elements for social interaction. Having a theory of mind is important as it provides the ability to predict and interpret the behavior of others.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 7:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Theory Of Mind

Theory of mind (ToM) is the ability to attribute mental states to ourselves and others, serving as one of the foundational elements for social interaction. Having a theory of mind is important as it provides the ability to predict and interpret the behavior of others.

Oh okay.

While I can't really predict or interpret other peoples behavior.... I can be pretty imaginative about trying to think of what they may like. I mean I know what I like.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 7:43 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Theory Of Mind

Oh okay. While I can't really predict or interpret other peoples behavior.... I can be pretty imaginative about trying to think of what they may like. I mean I know what I like.....

and your strategy prolly works well for you. but i spent/wasted most of my life trying to figure out what other people liked or wanted only for it all to backfire on me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2021, 10:13 pm

If it wasn't for the fact my parents' anniversary is on Valentine's Day, I wouldn't care less.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 10:24 am

Off the Wall

Governments sometimes have a sick sense of humor.
North Carolina sheriff's office asks people to turn in wanted exes for Valentine’s Day

Is your ex-boyfriend also a wanted ex-con? Law enforcement officials in North Carolina are giving jilted lovers a chance to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit this weekend. Sort of. The Nash County Sheriff’s Office is promoting a "Valentine’s Day Weekend Special" on its Facebook page.

"Do you have an ex-Valentine and know they have outstanding warrants?," the post reads. "Give us a call … with their location and we’ll take care of the rest."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 3:05 pm

gives new meaning to vinegar valentine.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

14 Feb 2021, 1:48 am

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 7:28 am

I gave my wife a pop-up Valentine card this morning. She liked it. It was like a bouquet of flowers.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2021, 11:51 am

Too many dark memories of the past haunt me on this holiday. I dread this day each year.