been officially diagnosed with covid 19 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
had something that your 90 %sure is that 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
niether. 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 14

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 4:37 am

Are sick with, or have been sick with, Covid 19, or with something that you're 90 percent sure is Covid 19?

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 4:17 pm

I had something back in the first half of March 2020, before it was even recognized that there was community spread in my area, that I suspect was COVID-19 because it felt really different from a typical cold or flu, like I had a sore throat and tickling in my airways but no mucus or congestion at all. A bunch of people at work had something similar before me, and I heard that someone at my workplace had been traveling in Asia around the holidays and had brought a weird "bug" back with her. Back then nobody without serious symptoms was being tested, so likely none of us will ever know if that's what it was.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 4:31 pm

biostructure wrote:
I had something back in the first half of March 2020, before it was even recognized that there was community spread in my area, that I suspect was COVID-19 because it felt really different from a typical cold or flu, like I had a sore throat and tickling in my airways but no mucus or congestion at all. A bunch of people at work had something similar before me, and I heard that someone at my workplace had been traveling in Asia around the holidays and had brought a weird "bug" back with her. Back then nobody without serious symptoms was being tested, so likely none of us will ever know if that's what it was.

Interesting.

Sounds like you are in the "90 percent sure I had it" category.

So check that box please.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 12:56 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
biostructure wrote:

Interesting.

Sounds like you are in the "90 percent sure I had it" category.

So check that box please.

If you make a blood donation at Red Cross they'll perform a free antibody test on the blood. That might tell you. I see different things about whether antibodies will last that long.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

I've had it at least once. That was last May. Then in October, I had all but one of the same symptoms (no affect on my sense of smell that time) in the same order for the same amount of time, but I never got tested.

I had it pretty mild. The woman I most likely got it from was really sick from it and had hospital bills of approximately $280,000.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 6:05 pm

Just over a year ago when I was still having to use the London underground I had what felt like a very bad cold. The cough kept me awake for three nights, I had a high temperature and I ached all over. I assumed that it was Covid so isolated myself. No tests were available at the time so there was no way of knowing.

In June of last years I had an antibody test that showed negative. This may not necessarily be conformation that I had not had it I was told. A more comprehensive test would have looked at T Cells - however this wasnt available.

Guess that I will never know.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Mar 2021, 10:03 pm

I haven't had a Covid test, but since I haven't had any Covid symptoms, I think I can safely say I do not have it. I also take the masking and quarantining seriously, so exposure has been limited.