Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 2:36 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
He's just being a jerk lately.

There is that as well, unfortunately...

I have wrote more information about how my supervisor is in another thread in this section, titled "why does my supervisor do this?" I don't know what's the matter with him lately but he certainly enjoys belittling me - then wonders why I react like I do.
And no, I am not leaving my job. I love my job. Just not him and his ridiculous rules.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 2:47 pm

There is sometimes a legitimate concern that work-related information could be detrimental to the organization if disclosed in an unauthorized manner.

However restricting employees' ability to communicate with anyone other than their boss is just another way to control them. That's what is happening here.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 6:12 pm

I'm sick of being controlled. Nobody can stop me what I tell my friend as long as I don't reveal it publicly.

But I'm training myself NEVER to tell my supervisor anything again. Just yesterday my friend told me something about this guy at work who committed an offence at work that could cause him to get fired. The guy was brought up in a conversation between my friend and my supervisor, and my supervisor asked me if I knew about it (not in a confronting way, he was just including me in the conversation), and I nearly said yes but then I remembered that he'll probably have a go at me for already being told about it, so I said, "no." And then he told me.

My supervisor has turned into a dictatorship on me. He's even yelled at me for drinking the milk, because it's for tea and coffee-drinkers only and because I don't drink tea or coffee I am forbidden for even having a small glass of milk once in a while and now the milk is safely stored in a separate fridge with a big lock on it so that my hands cannot get to it.
He's yelled at me for leaving a door open that can't be opened or closed from the outside, and this annoying door is right next door to where we normally work so it just makes it easier, but now he's locked this door (and probably threw away the key or something) so now we have to walk around the outside of the whole building just to get something out of that room, which can be inconvenient when you're busy or you forget something. He whines because if the other door is left open it will be too cold in there when he gets changed.

Yet I'm one of the best workers he could ask for.

He just has it in for me and I'm sick of it. I'm always being treated like this in workplaces by a person who loves being in charge. But even when I assert myself I just end up breaking down instead.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 2:30 pm

Weird.

Is there some kinda of communication culture where you live that texts are for social things & gossiping and not for work related matters? Is that it? :?

Otherwise it seems pretty weird to me. People text all the time - more than they pick up phones and have verbal conversations.

And in my friends company, almost all communications are by text/email/or some sort of instant messaging app - because my friend, the owner & CEO, is deaf. Everyone is encouraged to communicate via text vs. told not to do it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:29 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Weird.

Is there some kinda of communication culture where you live that texts are for social things & gossiping and not for work related matters? Is that it? :?

Otherwise it seems pretty weird to me. People text all the time - more than they pick up phones and have verbal conversations.

And in my friends company, almost all communications are by text/email/or some sort of instant messaging app - because my friend, the owner & CEO, is deaf. Everyone is encouraged to communicate via text vs. told not to do it.

This.
I mean, unless you're working in the police department dealing with confidential things or are to do with the government or anything else that holds top secret/strictly confidential information, employees can't be expected to not text their workmates about work-related matters. I bet even the boss himself does it.

I think my supervisor just gets shirty if he isn't the first to know about something. He seems to make up rules as he goes along, rules which a 5-year-old would believe to be true.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:45 pm

I wouldn’t really worry about what he says then - especially if it’s the 70 something year old man who thinks texting is for teenaged gossip or some nonsense. If just ignore it and carry on with work and life.