Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 7:02 pm

I hate jeans.

If I'm chilling out at home or even at the pub or museum or shop (in the before times for the other 3) I'll wear jogging/trackie bottoms cos they're comfy. Jeans aren't comfy.

If I'm at a formal event like a dance where I have to look formal, I'll wear trousers. Jeans don't look formal. If I was to turn up to a wedding in a pair of jeans, even black jeans, people would ask questions about it. They weren't allowed at my sixth form or at my first job and I've had job interviews where they weren't allowed.

So they're stuck in between those two spaces.

Bear in mind I don't wear girls' clothes and aren't going for a feminine look. But honestly? The only places I can think where wearing jeans makes sense is: on the back of a motorbike (but wearing leathers would be better...), on the back of a cowboy horse or at a line dancing event. I've only done one of 3 of those things in my life.

They're just so uncomfy for what they're meant to be which is a piece of clothing you chill out in! But considered too informal to be used in any other way.

Ironically, suit trousers feel more comfortable to me than jeans.

I have touch sensitivity and this is probably part of why I feel this way.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 7:07 pm

i can understand that
although i like baggy jeans
i find them comfy and durable

look a bit more presentable than some types of tracksuit bottoms

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 10:06 pm

KT67 wrote:
I hate jeans.

If I'm chilling out at home or even at the pub or museum or shop (in the before times for the other 3) I'll wear jogging/trackie bottoms cos they're comfy. Jeans aren't comfy.

If I'm at a formal event like a dance where I have to look formal, I'll wear trousers. Jeans don't look formal. If I was to turn up to a wedding in a pair of jeans, even black jeans, people would ask questions about it. They weren't allowed at my sixth form or at my first job and I've had job interviews where they weren't allowed.

Bear in mind I don't wear girls' clothes and aren't going for a feminine look. But honestly? The only places I can think where wearing jeans makes sense is: on the back of a motorbike (but wearing leathers would be better...), on the back of a cowboy horse or at a line dancing event. I've only done one of 3 of those things in my life.

They're just so uncomfy for what they're meant to be which is a piece of clothing you chill out in! But considered too informal to be used in any other way.

Very understandable. I no longer wear denim too because over the course of time, I lost my liking for denim.

However, I still enjoy wearing khakis to this day.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Jan 2021, 10:11 pm

That's why there are fake jeans, made from other fabrics, comfier, elastic and makes the butt look even better, without anally irritating people.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 4:24 am

Jeans were part of the 'uniform' of my generation.
I still wear them today. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 4:25 am

Rexi wrote:
That's why there are fake jeans, made from other fabrics, comfier, elastic and makes the butt look even better, without anally irritating people.

I think jeans look sexy, on a woman.
It must be in my genes. 8)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 9:01 am

I do not like jeans either. The worst things to ride a bicycle in when it rains as they rub your legs raw.

I did once have jeans which were worn out and almost holed by the time I had them and I wore them and holed them and patched and patched them until they were five patches deep and I called them my "Gosh" trousers because everyone that saw them said "Gosh". They were the only jeans I found comfy because they were so worn.

I wear these jogger things as I get o with them the best. Comfy!

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 9:33 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I hate jeans.

Very understandable. I no longer wear denim too because over the course of time, I lost my liking for denim.

However, I still enjoy wearing khakis to this day.

For some reason I associate khakis with combat trousers. (Maybe because they both have weirdly militant names...)

I really liked those when I was a kid.

Cos they had a million pockets.

Everyone ended up wearing them. All genders, all ages, all social classes. Knew it was getting silly when my stepsisters' mother (who never wears trousers or short skirts/dresses but always dresses conservatively) had a pair :o :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 9:45 am

when i was young and taut and much fitter, jeans were fine. as i grew older they started feeling thicker and stiffer/scratchier and finally just uncomfortable. gotta have loose-weave loose-fitting stuff now.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

27 Jan 2021, 11:42 am

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:

I think jeans look sexy, on a woman.
It must be in my genes. 8)

I'm pretty sure you would enjoy viewing my camel toe in them.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 11:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
when i was young and taut and much fitter, jeans were fine. as i grew older they started feeling thicker and stiffer/scratchier and finally just uncomfortable. gotta have loose-weave loose-fitting stuff now.

The belt i used to have with mine scratched and squeezed my organs and gave my tummy scars. Thankfully the scars are gone but I now look for elastic band pants and elastic belts for my loosened pants.
Let's have a nude party.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 11:58 am

sounds like a grand idea :star:

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 12:42 pm

I really dislike wearing jeans. I've tried very hard in the past to find ones that fit me and that I feel comfortable in but never had any success. I don't think my body is really compatible with the sizing and fit of the jeans I see in stores and online. I always just wear knit pants that stretch and shorts of similar materials in the summer when it is warm out.

My Tumblr

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 1:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sounds like a grand idea :star:

Yippie yay! :chef:

That's a nice starfish. Check out my guppy.
:star: :fish:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 1:37 pm

I'm a chino and polo/button-down shirt man myself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2021, 7:56 pm

my uniform is basically the same- in the colder months it is black tank-top and dress slacks with black belt, augmented with waterproof fuzz-lined jacket and woolen cap. in warmer months it is gray tank-top and khaki slacks of loose breathable fabric, tan belt, prescription sun glasses, reflective visor.