I've always worn jeans and always will.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 1:31 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
That's why there are fake jeans, made from other fabrics, comfier, elastic and makes the butt look even better, without anally irritating people.

I think jeans look sexy, on a woman.
It must be in my genes. 8)

I'm pretty sure you would enjoy viewing my camel toe in them.

I am an animal luver. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 1:34 am

KT67 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
KT67 wrote:
I hate jeans.

If I'm chilling out at home or even at the pub or museum or shop (in the before times for the other 3) I'll wear jogging/trackie bottoms cos they're comfy. Jeans aren't comfy.

If I'm at a formal event like a dance where I have to look formal, I'll wear trousers. Jeans don't look formal. If I was to turn up to a wedding in a pair of jeans, even black jeans, people would ask questions about it. They weren't allowed at my sixth form or at my first job and I've had job interviews where they weren't allowed.

So they're stuck in between those two spaces.

Bear in mind I don't wear girls' clothes and aren't going for a feminine look. But honestly? The only places I can think where wearing jeans makes sense is: on the back of a motorbike (but wearing leathers would be better...), on the back of a cowboy horse or at a line dancing event. I've only done one of 3 of those things in my life.

They're just so uncomfy for what they're meant to be which is a piece of clothing you chill out in! But considered too informal to be used in any other way.

Ironically, suit trousers feel more comfortable to me than jeans.

I have touch sensitivity and this is probably part of why I feel this way.

Very understandable. I no longer wear denim too because over the course of time, I lost my liking for denim.

However, I still enjoy wearing khakis to this day.

For some reason I associate khakis with combat trousers. (Maybe because they both have weirdly militant names...)

I really liked those when I was a kid.

Cos they had a million pockets.

Everyone ended up wearing them. All genders, all ages, all social classes. Knew it was getting silly when my stepsisters' mother (who never wears trousers or short skirts/dresses but always dresses conservatively) had a pair :o :lol:

I'm not sure they are the same thing, but I think they are called "Cargo Pants" over here.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 1:34 am

The main issue I have with jeans in general is that, denim is a headache to hand wash in the laundry. :lol:

I just need a good size for myself. I don't like it if it's too tight -- too constricting, just like any clothing.

A whole legged fit had to be made with something thinner or lighter; the less constricting, the better.

Just the right amount, altered from tailoring, it can be as comfortable for me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2021, 1:04 pm

Maybe my autism is why I never liked jeans. They are too rough and uncomfortable.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

29 Jan 2021, 11:11 am

Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Rexi wrote:
That's why there are fake jeans, made from other fabrics, comfier, elastic and makes the butt look even better, without anally irritating people.

I think jeans look sexy, on a woman.
It must be in my genes. 8)

I'm pretty sure you would enjoy viewing my camel toe in them.

I am an animal luver. 8)

You are an animal, period.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 1:23 pm

What part of the world do you live in? Are jeans just generally uncommon there?

Around here they're very common, one of the most common types of pants worn for sure.

I wear jeans most days for most things. Construction work - jeans. Motorcycle riding - jeans. Going to the beach when it's not hot enough to wear shorts - jeans. Working at my friend's tech company office - jeans. Shopping, socializing, visiting, going to some gay guy's place for a hookup - jeans. etc.

Uncomfortable jeans? No. Gotta make sure you buy ones that fit You and allow you to comfortably move. I didn't think I would be, but I've become a HUGE fan of the denim that has spandex/stretchy elastic woven into it. They allow me to move really freely without restriction so I can lift my leg like Van Damme and mount my motorcycle, or scramble up a ladder or scaffold, or walk around on stilts for work etc - but they still have a button up waist band and remind me to keep my waistline trim vs. wear sweat pants with elastic that feels so comfy you can just eat and expand without a care in the world lol.

And some people wear very expensive designer jeans to "dress up," and go out - like a few hundred dollars+ per pair. Not me - don't care for big $ fashion AND I don't think any of them fit me. But the stretchy fabric ones from Costco that cost $18.99 fit very well for all of my purposes, and because they fit they look Okay too vs. other brands stretching across my tree trunk thighs.

This isn't really a thing here At All anymore, but maybe in Alberta or something?? But ever heard of a "Canadian Tuxedo" ?? This is Canadian formal wear:

But these days here on the West Coast dressy-casual wear is more likely to be from hometown fashion hero Chip Wilson's Lululemon brand than this look.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 3:22 pm

I don't mind wearing (looser) jeans, but that's probably because I had to wear them throughout elementary school. My parents wouldn't let me wear anything else since they held up to me falling on my hands and knees better than other things (I tripped multiple times a day and basically every time I ran lol) and covered my legs.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 7:28 pm

In my social circle which I mean: my family, my friends, my family friends, jeans = seen as informal.

Formal places that ban them:
My cousin will likely not let us wear them to her wedding
My job didn't let me wear them (office work)
My work experience didn't let me wear them (library work)
My sixth form didn't let me wear them (16-18, no uniform)

Informal places that allow them:
Home, going to town, going to the cinema etc. Anywhere where you can dress how you like.

The rest is just touch sensitivity on my part. I'm not saying uncomfortable for everyone, I'm saying specifically for me. I'm really touch sensitive & need loose clothing. (I'm underweight not overweight but this is an autism forum so I assume people realise that there's other reasons why someone might need loose clothes other than just being fat...)

At uni I wore them every day. But they weren't comfy. It's just that everyone wore them every day.

My granddad wears them every day, ever since he retired, excluding formal events. At work he had to wear linen trousers and a shirt and tie.

I think it's cool that there's formal events that allow them - I wonder if they would also allow sports wear though. They might be like mum's second wedding: anything goes.