Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 3:22 pm

I started Guanfacine around six weeks ago for ADHD.

Whilst it’s had an excellent impact on my executive functioning and reduced sensory overload, my emotions seem dampened.

I’m reluctant to discontinue because the reduction in external sounds is a blessing but at the same time I don’t want to fall back into a depressive state.

Has anyone else on the drug experienced similar side effects?

If so, did it get better with time?

Thanks.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:48 pm

I am on it for Tourette Syndrome to reduce the frequency and severity of my tics. I've been on it for a few years now. I don't remember it dampening my emotions, but truth be told I was going through a lot of med changes at the time and was going through a rough time in general with how sudden and severe my Tourette's developed. The main side effect I do get from it is severe physical and mental fatigue. It didn't really get better, but I learned to deal with it, though eventually I did reduce my dose because of it.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

27 Feb 2021, 4:19 pm

I took it years ago for ADHD for a couple months. Kept falling asleep in my college classes.

Yeah, didn’t work out too well for me.