Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

alobaby
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jan 2021, 5:50 pm

I have ADHD (and autism if maybe autism is also part of the blame?) and I know it's an ADHD thing to forget to do things a lot and get overwhelmed in general when needing to get things done. I procrastinate a lot too. The issue is, I can't seem to get myself to remember to do anything. I already have memory issues that I'm eventually getting looked into, but it's at a point I feel is ridiculous. I'll make a to-do list of things I need to get done on my phone, leave it open before I sleep, so when I wake up it's the first thing I see. Whenever I do anything like this, I still end up procrastinating it and eventually forget about it all together. I can look at that list every day first thing when I wake up, every time I check all the apps open on my phone (because I always completely close each app I use whenever I'm done using it except the memo app), multiple times a day, everyday, but still not realize to myself when I see it I need to do the things on the list. When I used to eat mostly in my room, I'd put dishes in front of my door in hopes I'd remember to take it downstairs, but even though I literally stepped around the dishes and had to acknowledge them to get out of my room, it still never occurred to completely that I need to take them to the sink. Eventually it would get ignored and pile up and then I'd take them down. Why does this happen? Is it normal for this to be this bad with ADHD? I know that this is something people with ADHD also experience, but I feel like the extent my brain goes to ignore things is worse than it should be for ADHD, but I don't know. If anyone has any ways to combat this too, please let me know. I'm thinking of getting a whiteboard for my room because I like them and think maybe if I can put it on my door where it's at my eyeliner plus it being something sort of fun, maybe it'll help me get things done more. I'm worried the same cycle will happen all over again though.