highly gifted IQ and above : Question

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 2:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s always pasta and butter :)

I miss you all. I wish I could figure out how to post here in moderation and keep up with life.

My (ASD-like) daughter was rejecting the measly choices available in the fridge (I didn't think to look at the pantry where the pasta is). I totally could have screwed up my courage for a quick shopping trip but Husband came home and I was embarrassed when my daughter said, "I've already had three bowls of cereal today and don't want another". To your point, she eats buttered pasta, so next time I'll make sure to look in the pantry also. :D

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 5:43 am

My best score is better than the best score for these people on the World genius directory.

Dr Eick Sternhagen Fields of education: Economy, Latin, ev. theology, Doctorate in Latin of late Middle Ages, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster – WWU, University of Münster, Germany.

Dr Manahel Thabet The youngest – and only – Arab with a PhD in Financial Engineering, she writes research papers on quantum mathematics. Her work to revolutionize our understanding of math and physics is poised to earn her a second PhD, at the age of 32.

Dr Donato Stolfa Nutritionist Biologist Specialized in Human Nutrition

Dr Jeremy Saget Weightless Flight Surgeon
ZeroG Instructor
United Nations rotary wing Aeromedical Evacuations Flight Surgeon

Dr Bishoy Goubran Bishoy Goubran, MD. Is a clinical researcher in the field of Behavioral and Cardiovascular medicine. Bishoy’s research line is in psychosomatic medicine

Dr Daniel Piersee Doctor of Pharmacy in Pharmacy @ University of Iowa

Dr Jawdat Wehbe Cardiologist - electrophysiologist · Heart and vessels

My social skills are in the toilet. I'm crap at practical/technical stuff.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 6:26 am

firemonkey wrote:

My social skills are in the toilet. I'm crap at practical/technical stuff.

Your avatar has always given that strong impression.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 10:58 pm

According to my father I was tested with a system being used in San Francisco between 1965-1968 . The result was around the 150 mark. I was supposedly quite a precocious child.

Quote:
but you were obviously a pretty precocious child because I remember you watching a lot of television and rushing into the kitchen to share the news of the Kennedy election in the fall of 1960'. Also you must have begun tto o read a little because you always referred to "Disney, Walt" in the index for m wnhich you could only h ave got from a printed format.

The printed format being the 12 volume Children's encyclopaedia Britannica my parents had bought. I was about 3.75 years old at the time of the Kennedy election.
Unlike many/most(?) very intelligent children though I didn't get a long string of A's , and was a fairly mediocre student.

I don't think any of that made me any better or different re being an autistic person,