Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2021, 5:54 pm

diagnosedafter50 wrote:
diagnosedafter50 wrote:
Welcome to WP and Asperger's.
It's a relief to know that we have a reason for the challenges in our lives.
I won't be infuriated with spelling errors, erratic sentences, English is my only language.

I find real-time communication, especially verbal, too immediate.

You're welcome here regardless of how you think.

Your English is fine and you seem intelligent.
I remember thinking as a child that I didn't like people and felt odd for it like I always brought out the worst. I remember about 10yrs old or so asking my mother and she said she didn't know, I just seemed to get people's backs up, meaning I am annoying

Thank you for the welcome, I apricate your straightforwardness. Your telling of your 10 years old self rings deep in my core I feel pain and compassion. I got teased and bullied, my lack of social skills pushed me out so my friends was among the other outcasts, good people all.

Cheers!
Gragzy

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2021, 6:06 pm

Jakki wrote:
Welcome to wrong planet Gragz

Thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to meet you.

And re other thread, no I have not had to fiddle around with the cards, but it has interested me for a long time, at school I did writhe an essay about Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace, the coinventors of modern computing and programming and they was planning to use cards for input and output, and the program itself was to be running through the mechanical computer on other cards, more or less in the same manner jacquard cards was used in creating damask cloth and possibly patterned silk tapestry. The cards was running in a loop through the loom controlling the pattern sequence. So the history of punch cards is a bit longer than I thought before writing the essay.

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 11:12 pm

Welcome to WP! :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2021, 6:04 pm

Hello and welcome Gragzy :). One of my closest friends is Norwegian, from Frederikstad. He now loves England so much, he’s moved over here. I love Norway! Stayed an hour from Oslo pre-covid right beside a frozen fjord and loved trekking knee deep in snow over the mountains! Had some of my best adventures there. Spectacularly beautiful! I love that The Old Town has a monument erected in dedication to the women and children for their love and devotion toward their men who fought in battle. Good to have you with us.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2021, 6:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

10 Feb 2021, 3:14 am

Juliette wrote:
Hello and welcome Gragzy :). One of my closest friends is Norwegian, from Frederikstad. He now loves England so much, he’s moved over here. I love Norway! Stayed an hour from Oslo pre-covid right beside a frozen fjord and loved trekking knee deep in snow over the mountains! Had some of my best adventures there. Spectacularly beautiful! I love that The Old Town has a monument erected in dedication to the women and children for their love and devotion toward their men who fought in battle. Good to have you with us.

Did you know that the big xmas spruce in London!? always is from Norway? It's a symbol of unity and help given and taken during WW2 and to remember to do it again if needed.

I did the service in Fredrikstad 90/91 '') And my oldest live together with her boyfriend there.
I did a 3 week work stint at a telco developer on the chalk north of Southampton, and stayed the last weekend in Winchester. Nice people, nice place, some nice beers (speckled hen? grouse?). Strange with all the flints.
Ordered 'Glenfidditch' and the poor thing had to think long before I did get 'Glenfiddik' (yee how to pronounce things can be hazardous)
I got a Shepard when I asked for Pie. Really? I thought of kidney and meats and stuff, and I got mashed potatoes, brown goo and peas. Eeww.
I promptly went to Tesco and grabbed bombardier and the reel stuff, but the landlady was not happy with it at all.
Cool place :D

Norway is as it is bc ice has gnawed it town to the bone, and yes its stunningly beautiful. In spring, some places, all is green, even rivers and lakes and fjords (mineral silt)
In winter with snow, especially at full moon, the landscape is magic, the white from the moon and the green of the aurora.
Then I can report that atm outside is -20 deg C COLD. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
When the car is stuck in a drift of packed knee-deep snow, its windy, its -5 degC, I have to admit I think that people living further south are lucky basturds.

Cheers :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 7:36 am

welcome. Late diagnosed old person here, lots to sort out with a later diagnosis but great info to have moving on for a better life where we finally understand. what a relief!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2021, 10:21 am

autisticelders wrote:
welcome. Late diagnosed old person here, lots to sort out with a later diagnosis but great info to have moving on for a better life where we finally understand. what a relief!

Thank you. Yes, it is, I even expected it. But when I got it confirmed I was burnout for days.
The sad thing is that with this place with this people around, I still feel alien. But I feel free to express myself :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 12:24 pm

Hooray for feeling free enough to speak out amongst amongst people whom can relate

where ever you go ,there you are

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 12:25 pm

Gaffer Gragz wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Did you know that the big xmas spruce in London!? always is from Norway? It's a symbol of unity and help given and taken during WW2 and to remember to do it again if needed.

I did the service in Fredrikstad 90/91 '') And my oldest live together with her boyfriend there.
I did a 3 week work stint at a telco developer on the chalk north of Southampton, and stayed the last weekend in Winchester. Nice people, nice place, some nice beers (speckled hen? grouse?). Strange with all the flints.
Ordered 'Glenfidditch' and the poor thing had to think long before I did get 'Glenfiddik' (yee how to pronounce things can be hazardous)
I got a Shepard when I asked for Pie. Really? I thought of kidney and meats and stuff, and I got mashed potatoes, brown goo and peas. Eeww.
I promptly went to Tesco and grabbed bombardier and the reel stuff, but the landlady was not happy with it at all.
Cool place :D

Norway is as it is bc ice has gnawed it town to the bone, and yes its stunningly beautiful. In spring, some places, all is green, even rivers and lakes and fjords (mineral silt)
In winter with snow, especially at full moon, the landscape is magic, the white from the moon and the green of the aurora.
Then I can report that atm outside is -20 deg C COLD. Brrrrrrrrrrr.
When the car is stuck in a drift of packed knee-deep snow, its windy, its -5 degC, I have to admit I think that people living further south are lucky basturds.

Cheers :D

Hey Gragzy :). Yes, I did know about your wonderful gesture re the tree! Very special! :heart:

What a small world, that your eldest daughter and her partner live in Frederikstad! My friend comes from a family of 3 brothers and his two brothers live in Frederikstad, where we all get together and share many tales and laughs. One brother is a teacher there, within walking distance if his home. The other is studying to become an architect. A very lovely family. I must share some photos here of my time in Norway in the snow. Truly is beautiful over there! Forgive me but when you say you did a service there, do you mean military service, or are you a man of the cloth perhaps?

I hope you enjoyed your time working in Southampton! I know it very well! You are hilarious! Just like my friend, Chris from Frederikstad! You have the same humour! He has me laughing so much! He too wished to sample some of the English beers and ales. I took him to my local haunt, an ancient, very beautiful, historic pub here in Surrey. When I introduced him to the lady bartender, explaining where he is from, she gave him many free samples of beers to try. He was more than pleased! :lol:

Absolutely! You will get a shepherd when you ask for a pie :lol:! You sound a true connoisseur of British ales! I go for German wine myself, and am partial to a spiced Rum on occasion. I’m from Australia but have lived in England for 20+ years now and have totally embraced the culture here. Feels like home now. I’ll be heading back to Norway and Sweden once safe to do so in the future, as I’m yet to see the Northern Lights. I travelled to Iceland and still, they hid from me :). I refuse to give up the chase! They will be photographed eventually!

-20C there at the moment! Brrrrr alright! It is -6C here tonight and has been the coldest winter on record with lows of -23 in the Highlands.

I moved from a tropical climate and loved the heat(it’s been 38C there of late!) but I prefer the knee deep Norwegian winters as they are so dramatic, so much beauty, and I’ve never laughed so much, as when sliding down a massive mountain even with clampons on my snow boots! :lol:

Again, so good to have you with us!

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2021, 1:21 am

Jakki wrote:
Hooray for feeling free enough to speak out amongst amongst people whom can relate

If you feel you relate, I'll give you a :heart:
You can get a hug, but only if you want

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

13 Feb 2021, 3:09 am

Juliette wrote:
Gaffer Gragz wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Again, so good to have you with us!

Yes, small world '') I'm not religious so military service, obviously.
Did you see Fredrikstad old town? I spent 11 months there.

I relate mostly to Britts from the works of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett, I have a deep regard for Stephen Fry
I did read all the books on Horatio Hornblower (C.S.Forester) before I was 16. And LOTR

Hedge End was wonderful, lots of nice nice people,
I will never forget the lady I passed every morning exchanging 'mornin' with me.
I was there just after nature do this silent 'whhhooomph' thing and suddenly everything is fully green. The colours, smells, sounds.
Beer plz, Ale is nice but its something with chugging beer that just makes it 'ahhhhh' more a body experience.
The bar lady gave him free samples ....... bl*** h*** ... (I cant finish this sentence it upsets me to much, even after a half hour)

Vines are nice, I love both white and reds and rum (spiced and straight) too.
Spice rum (Cpt Morgan), ton of ice, pepsimax). I can sip sip, tiny sip, the flavours changing the whole way until its water with faint traces of rum. mmmmmmm. I think I need to get some today.
Most things with rich and/or umami taste.
Did you try the Aqua Vita together with rich food while in Norway? Its a must try.
Australia, terra horiblis .... continent XXXX. I want to go there so much.

Lofoten, you got to go to Lofoten.
Track solar flares heading toward us at spaceweather and when a major one occurs, go.

I live close to a really big freshwater lake, the last week has been magic with ice frosted on everything,
the air so crisp, the snow throw the light up again deepening the blue sky, the sun light so ritch in orange tones, shadows are blue.
In summer, the lake and the hills around it creates unstable air, the sun, the clods and fogs and moving air
makes for so much drama in infinite shades of greys.

Try visit the area around Røros in summer, the ice age did things there that will make you feel odd, and tiny. More so than the big fjords.
At least it do that with me. The types of vegetation and colours do not help. Its a crazy place.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 10:25 am

Gaffer Gragz wrote:
Jakki wrote:

If you feel you relate, I'll give you a :heart:
You can get a hug, but only if you want

Thank you very much for the hug" :heart:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 7:15 pm

Hey Gragzy ... will reply properly to your questions tomorrow, but just letting you know that I’ve just posted those Norway photos in the forum here ...
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=394483

Chat later :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 7:59 pm

Juliette wrote:
Hey Gragzy ... will reply properly to your questions tomorrow, but just letting you know that I’ve just posted those Norway photos in the forum here ...
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=394483

Thank you for some delightful pictures .

Chat later :)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2021, 8:14 pm

^^ Thanks Jakki :).