Greetings from Gragzy, noob aspie at the Wrong Planet

Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2021, 4:58 am

Hi all, i'm a newbie both at the WP and as aspie.
Not that over the last 44 years I've felt somethings been odd, for sure, but well its been a mind jog.
And i want to, at the start, to admit that I've felt on the wrong planet for a long time and the connection made me approach this site first (I've envied Fords ability to flag down rides for 2 decades and my towel is ready)

I'm from Norway, so in advance plz don't be infuriated with spelling errors, erratic sentences, alone i (to be I) , c and s shifting around where they are not suposed to be etc.
Tbh i have almost the same problems with Norwegian (sigh) :lol: Oh! and I'm socially awkward so the slow pace of a forum suits my mental capacity (you will not find me on facebook its to noisy and alien)

So, I guess i should be short about it, but how to condense me into a few lines!? :idea: See the PS!

Cheers
Baard aka Gragzy

PS:
Almost everything in this world, that i'm aware of, is interesting in one way or another so I rarely get bored but i'm not compulsory about it i think.
But i hate every form of lies, so i'm non-theistic about almost everything, its hard enough realizing and living in reality as it is, adding to much faith and mystics into the mix only murks the mind and make brains leak and utter silly things

Thinking on the other hand is essential to me, there is nothing that cant be talked and thought about that is taboo, every issue never have one perspective or side, and states and issues of black or white almost never appear without some grey in between.

I guess this is more that enough for introduction, except this:
I in general like people, they are amazingly complex and rewarding to interact with.

My current thinking project: how to normalize issues around gender, especially the problem about equality where biology flat out cant be changed and in this context if our current model of equality is fair. I assume its not, bc it stil do not appear to take into account the burden of pregnancy etc. Its a big project and one of the things I wish and dream to have responsible brainstormings about.

Gaffer Gragz
Entity of our preposterous universe
Citizen of Earth

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 5:02 am

Welcome Gragzy :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 2:49 pm

Welcome to WP! I'm confident you will find some interesting diversions here.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 2:57 pm

Hello, Gragzy, and welcome to Wrong Planet! I think you communicated just fine in your introduction and that your post was very interesting.

You said you find people very "complex", do you enjoy "picking the brains of people", or so to speak? I find just observing other humans and how they interact really interesting. We have a lot of similarities in behaviour to other great apes.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 3:14 pm

'Entity of our preposterous universe'
I love it!
Welcome, fellow entity.

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2021, 7:29 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Hello, Gragzy, and welcome to Wrong Planet! I think you communicated just fine in your introduction and that your post was very interesting.

You said you find people very "complex", do you enjoy "picking the brains of people", or so to speak? I find just observing other humans and how they interact really interesting. We have a lot of similarities in behaviour to other great apes.

Hi Hyru, not sure since I have a problem understanding the concept "picking the brain". My complex humans: as a living thinking whole, from biology to neurology to physiology to evolution on and on, humans when its constituents are factored in is almost an infinite complex system. I do agree that observing humans interacting is interesting, but the same goes for anything living. And yes we have a lot in common with apes, but we have common traits with everything living. Even plants and crustaceans .... in deep time. I think i'm interested and fascinated by too much stuff lol

Cheers m8

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 7:31 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 9:03 am

Welcome

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2021, 9:57 am

NaturalEntity wrote:
I love it!
Welcome, fellow entity.

Thank you so much.
I must admit your respons was a surprise, but then i realized that it was so cool. And it felt heart-warming.
I love it, fellow entity

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 10:37 am

Being Swedish, I can totally identify with you saying that you will make mistakes, but trust me, you're fine.
BTW It's too, not to ;)
I can identify with most if not all that you said.
Anyways, welcome. I'm pretty new here myself.

/Mats

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2021, 11:32 am

mohsart wrote:
Being Swedish, I can totally identify with you saying that you will make mistakes, but trust me, you're fine.
BTW It's too, not to ;)
I can identify with most if not all that you said.
Anyways, welcome. I'm pretty new here myself.

/Mats

Thank you fellow skandinav. Så hyggelig. umm trevligt?Triv?

Hehe! yes that too, it will get worse than that, I can tell you. At the moment my strongest aspie trait is giving my gyp, 'to tell the truth', its so itchy seeng trolling etc

Mvh
Bård

PS!
Whenever i talk to sweeds i start to think in Swedish but the spelling gets balistic,
and i have to concentrate not to do it

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 12:23 pm

Welcome to wrong planet Gragz

where ever you go ,there you are

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 1:14 pm

Your Swedish is most probably better than my Norwegian.
Yes, trevligt, hyggeligt?

/Mats

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 1:29 pm

Gaffer Gragz wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
I love it!
Welcome, fellow entity.

Thank you so much.
I must admit your respons was a surprise, but then i realized that it was so cool. And it felt heart-warming.
I love it, fellow entity

I see I've found another like-minded person who has an entity motif going on!

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2021, 5:27 pm

Welcome to WP and Asperger's.
It's a relief to know that we have a reason for the challenges in our lives.
I won't be infuriated with spelling errors, erratic sentences, English is my only language.

I find real-time communication, especially verbal, too immediate.

You're welcome here regardless of how you think.

Your English is fine and you seem intelligent.
I remember thinking as a child that I didn't like people and felt odd for it like I always brought out the worst. I remember about 10yrs old or so asking my mother and she said she didn't know, I just seemed to get people's backs up, meaning I am annoying

Hi all, i'm a newbie both at the WP and as aspie.
Not that over the last 44 years I've felt somethings been odd, for sure, but well its been a mind jog.
And i want to, at the start, to admit that I've felt on the wrong planet for a long time and the connection made me approach this site first (I've envied Fords ability to flag down rides for 2 decades and my towel is ready)

I'm from Norway, so in advance plz don't be infuriated with spelling errors, erratic sentences, alone i (to be I) , c and s shifting around where they are not suposed to be etc.
Tbh i have almost the same problems with Norwegian (sigh) :lol: Oh! and I'm socially awkward so the slow pace of a forum suits my mental capacity (you will not find me on facebook its to noisy and alien)

So, I guess i should be short about it, but how to condense me into a few lines!? :idea: See the PS!

Cheers
Baard aka Gragzy

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2021, 5:28 pm

[quote="diagnosedafter50"]Welcome to WP and Asperger's.
It's a relief to know that we have a reason for the challenges in our lives.
I won't be infuriated with spelling errors, erratic sentences, English is my only language.

I find real-time communication, especially verbal, too immediate.

You're welcome here regardless of how you think.

Your English is fine and you seem intelligent.
I remember thinking as a child that I didn't like people and felt odd for it like I always brought out the worst. I remember about 10yrs old or so asking my mother and she said she didn't know, I just seemed to get people's backs up, meaning I am annoying