Greetings from Gragzy, noob aspie at the Wrong Planet

Page 5 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm

Parts of a persons native memory must be working. . If switching languages has become so natural ?
And adapting oneself to unforeseen circumstances takes some degree of skills .

where ever you go ,there you are

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2021, 11:41 am

I dunno, what we know is that the ability to comprehend new languages fall off its peak early, and more or less fits a bell curve, a few can go on learning new languages, for most of us it becomes a struggle that take lots of investment.
I'm really curious on how this is going to play out in evolutionary terms as humanity goes on, I think this is a trait that will become selected for, we are leaving the savanna for good sooner or later.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 5:35 pm

La nguage notwithstanding or learning skills , I am just mankind , gets to a point of somehow evolving in a
Positive way. :mrgreen:

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2021, 4:45 am

Jakki wrote:
La nguage notwithstanding or learning skills , I am just mankind , gets to a point of somehow evolving in a
Positive way. :mrgreen:

Ohh great Albert, I know. Its so slow I struggle to notice it, but somehow I feel I do evolve in a positive way.
Still the time spent deep in the fish-tank, weeks with no end to the depression, is hard to endure. Cotton headed and no self esteem. The aftermath of collapsing due to too many traits flaring for to long time is no walk in the park
Its springtime, at least the frost will stay away for 3-4 months. And flowers, and breeze rustling leaves, listening from the shadow, bumblebees buzzing ..... Ahh sun and summer in the heart :)
Happy spring holiday dear Jakki

PS! This is play on words:
well actually bad puns and a half, but it still make me giggle:
Bleeeh! Its no trix no fun don't light a fire with the sun
Or as my bellowed T Pratchett said: Its arse or elbow time and no way to tell beforehand.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 3:42 pm

Thank you for the Summer wishes ....... Try to hang in there when thoughts creep up on you . That are not positive
For your own well being . The hazards of being on the spectrum can be numerous , but if you can just hold onto the idea that a lot of it , is a longer term product of your own brain and need not be addressed in the very moment of life your living in .
Best Spring and Summer wishes to you too. Bright Flowers seem to come up despite the harshest of winters .

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2021, 4:03 am

Quote:
The hazards of being on the spectrum can be numerous , but if you can just hold onto the idea that a lot of it , is a longer term product of your own brain and need not be addressed in the very moment of life your living in .

I'm starting to learn this now for sure, but hard to do. Thank you for sharing this, its one of my core problems

Quote:
Best Spring and Summer wishes to you too. Bright Flowers seem to come up despite the harshest of winters .

Look beyond the flowers, its so much more going on. But I totally agree with the wonder for what flowers can do :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 8:20 am

Very nice little piece of prose there , thank you .

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

Hello and Welcome Gragzy

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2021, 3:42 pm

Hii, Thanks! And welcome back :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 4:20 pm

welcome to Wrong Planet

Gaffer Gragz
Toucan
Toucan

09 Apr 2021, 10:30 am

These new welcome messages are quite heart warming after my deep dive in the fish tank. Thank you.