Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:07 am

When you have your period & leaked on your pajamas bottoms, can you take it out?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:11 am

You can try running them under very cold water if the blood isn't dried yet, and to get the rest of the stain out you can put hydrogen peroxide on it (if it's not something that you wouldn't use bleach or other bleaching agents on), or use a paste made out of salt/baking soda and water.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:17 am

Soak them in cold water.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 2:37 pm

I believe it's possible, although the sanitary products I use are pretty good so it doesn't happen often.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 6:44 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
When you have your period & leaked on your pajamas bottoms, can you take it out?

To remove blood stains, I hand-wash with moderately cool water and laundry soap -- by which I mean an old-fashioned type of bar soap, not detergent.

(I used to us Kirkman borax soap, which no longer exists, so I now use Fells Naphtha.)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2021, 9:33 am

Yes. just rub some salt and water around the stain and wash it your regular laundry that is what I do when I get it on my underwear, I am sure it would work on pajamas to.

Though it does work best if the blood hasn't dried out yet.

CherryTomato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Feb 2021, 5:40 pm

I find dish soap and scrubbing with extra pressure can remove stains. It works best on fresh stains.

ValerieStrawberries
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2021, 5:00 pm

I use hydrogen peroxide wait for it to foam then I scrub.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 9:17 pm

Another thing I should mention: When I was of childbearing age, I refused to wear pants (or skirts) of any color other than black or dark brown, in the interests of camouflaging any blood stains that might result from a leaky tampon.

Most of my pants are still black, although now it's just a habit.