Autism and the Covid Vaccination: anyone been vaccinated?

Page 13 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 7:54 pm

Jakki -
Sorry to hear about your bout with COVID-19 and the ongoing symptoms.

I now have two Moderna shots plus the Pfizer booster.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm

Good for you Fenn. Not sure everyone on here can do that.. Not all Aspies are created equal .. :D :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 9:33 pm

It is not just for myself - if I don't get I cannot pass it on - and there are still a lot of vulnerable people out there. Especially as age goes up.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 10:25 pm

And as age goes down.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 5:40 am

Jakki wrote:
Am not sure if I am suppose to get the vaccine now.
But things for me have changed since the hospitalization, Mentally I feel .

Studies out are showing that vaccination after infection has a strong possibility of generating an extremely good immune response and future protection, and the general consensus of informed opinions (immunologist, virologist) is it is an extremely good idea to get the vaccination after surviving infection.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 8:36 am

rowan_nichol wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Am not sure if I am suppose to get the vaccine now.
But things for me have changed since the hospitalization, Mentally I feel .

Studies out are showing that vaccination after infection has a strong possibility of generating an extremely good immune response and future protection, and the general consensus of informed opinions (immunologist, virologist) is it is an extremely good idea to get the vaccination after surviving infection.

Thank you very much for this response !
:D

where ever you go ,there you are

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 10:47 am

I'm now eligible for the booster, but I think I'll pass.
This may come as a surprise to some, since I've always been very positive to the vaccine.

There are two reasons:
1. With Omicron, and with two doses of the vaccine, plus that I'm fairly sure I've had Covid at least once, I'm really not worried.
2. I got a side effect from the first dose in that the injected arm has been at reduced capacity since the jab. When it was the worst I could hardly dress or drive my car, now more than 6 months after the jab I still cannot scratch my back.
If the health care system had taken it seriously and investigated and at least tried to find the reason, I might have had a different opinion about the booster.

/Mats

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:01 pm

The biggest benefit of the boost is looking like generating antibodies with very broad neutralisation for nobbling variants. It appears to me that in the months since does two the antibody making memory cells that does created had been maturing, and then when the third dose is given it triggers those cells into producing a really splendid swarm of all slightly mutant antibodies ( and a meeting with the actual virus may well trigger the same sort of results) and at that point the bets are not on the virus in any variant having much of a chance of doing much before becoming awfully bound and neutralised and getting royally stuffed,

But chances are that the matured cells from dose two are all ready and waiting third dose or not.

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2022, 1:25 pm

Asple Pie wrote:
Please, if any of you have had the shot, would you talk about how it was, how it effected you, how long ago.

I've had all 3.

The first time I experienced very minimal pain at the administration point. It started about 12 hours after the shot, and lasted for about 12 hours. The pain wasn't even a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10.
This was last spring

The second time, I had the same reaction, but it came almost immediately, lasted longer (about 3-4 days or so) and was a bit more painful. Maybe a 2? No biggie.
That was last summer.

This January I had my booster shot. Almost immediate mild pain in my arm, lasted about 2 days, milder than the second time. I still have a bruise there.
2 days later I was more easily worn out than normal, may or may not have been a side effect.
3 days later I was a little drowsy, again may or may not have been a side effect. It's been over a week and no more side effects

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 1:36 pm

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 2:08 pm

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 11:49 pm

I'm having trouble deciding whether to get a booster (3rd dose).

In general, I think vaccinations are a good idea, and I had 2 Pfizer shots, the last was back in July or August I think.
But I got a rash on my arms and chest after the second shot which I thought might be an allergic reaction. Also, I haven't been feeling very well, I've been a bit run down with daily headaches for the last few weeks. Not covid, I don't think, but they say not to get vaccinated if you have symptoms like headaches, so I'm uncertain whether it's OK to go ahead. Plus I'm not convinced the current vaccines are effective against omicron, which is the dominant strain at the moment, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 6:42 am

I'm delaying my booster shot because I got omicron not too long ago. They ran out of testing capacity here so I wasn't tested but I was very sure. At this point I'm not too fussed about all these vaccine things any more. I was certain I got the original Covid strain back in 2020. I was in college back then. No test was available to the public then either. Anyway I think I'm well protected by two shots and having the alpha and omicron. :D The only crappy thing is that in two years I've never had a chance to have a covid test or antibody test. Public health care here only focus on the vulnerable population.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 12:39 pm

Where I live, as of April 2021, everyone over 16 eligible for vaccine for free

My slave plantation does not (thus far) require a vaccine

I am still unvaccinated and no plans of vaccination

A poster at work says that everyone unvaccinated has to get tested every seven days, starting February 9

They have Covid tests at work. You don't have to go get tested on your day off. (Four weeks ago, human resources told me that you have to get tested on your day off. The bus to the testing location only comes once every hour. So I was considering getting vaccinated)

The county I live in and some adjacent counties require vaccinations for restaurants and gyms. But I have not gone to either several years and don't particularly want to go ever again

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm

My employer has made it clear that they will NOT mandate vaccines; but they encourage being fully vaccinated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm

It’s a hard one, Miss Peel…but I would get the booster.

I had virtually no symptoms from the Moderna booster….slight pain at injection site only when I thought about it. No flu-like symptoms at all.

After the 2nd shot: flu-like symptoms for about 12 hours. Mild. Walked 10 miles that day.