Autism and the Covid Vaccination: anyone been vaccinated?

Page 12 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm

I had the initial two doses of Moderna in March and April of 2021, and the Moderna booster last week.
I've also been using (ahem) "controversial" medicines to maybe prevent and/or reduce the severity of any potential COVID infection.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 1:45 pm

I've had all three and I'm glad I did. It's easy to feel skeptical about the vaccines but once you've had them you realise it's no different to the flu vaccine, meaning it's not poison or anything and if it gives you side effects like swollen glands or whatever then it means your immune system is reacting positively and is recognising the virus threat so that it can protect you better should you catch the virus.

Just get vaccinated. What have you got to lose?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm

Joe90 wrote:
once you've had them you realise it's no different to the flu vaccine, meaning it's not poison or anything and if it gives you side effects like swollen glands or whatever then it means your immune system is reacting positively and is recognising the virus threat so that it can protect you better should you catch the virus.

That's always been my attitude to the Covid vaccine. It's just another jab. I've had loads of jabs - diphtheria, polio, whooping cough, smallpox, tetanus, and more recently a bunch of others as a prerequisite for qualifying for a Green Card for USA residency. I never bothered with the over-50s flu jab because I'm in good health, I hardly ever catch flu and the protection is only about 50% anyway. I don't have any of the conditions listed by the NHS as likely to indicate the need for the flu jab, except a learning disability, and I don't know why that one's in there:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinati ... a-vaccine/

I don't particularly like being jabbed, but it's never done me any serious harm and for all I know it might have saved my life a few times.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:
I wish this was true!

:lol:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 3:19 pm

Our World in Data "Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations" currently says "9.71 billion doses have been administered globally".

That's a lot of Real-World "testing".

I've gotten three doses of the Pfizer:
-=-- February 22, 2021
-=-- March 15, 2021 The Ides of March!
-=-- October 1, 2021 booster

And, frankly, I'm disappointed. I don't like watching an injection go into my arm so while they vaccinate me I look away. This vaccination's needles must be small, or something, because I felt so little I wasn't even sure I'd been injected. (My bride was sitting nearby and assures me the needle went in.) And, afterwards, I had no side effects. None!

So now I can't complain about the pain from the jab and I can't complain about side effects.

And, if I had had side effects I would be more confident my body wasn't ignoring the vaccine.

Boring! But still a very good idea.

The good news is we got the jabs at the hospital that does our healthcare and they have a really good cafeteria so I got some good meals out of it. And the vending machines by the parking garage have some good snacks that I can buy and bring home.

Oh, I suppose it is also good news that I am now:
-=-- Less likely to catch COVID-19
-=-- So, I'm less likely to spread it
-=-- And, I'm less likely to breed a new, more dangerous variant of it
-=-- Plus, if I catch it I'm less likely to have serious problems.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

I have received all three doses of Moderna vaccine.
My wife has received all three doses of Pfizer vaccine.
Both of my daughters and their husbands have had the vaccine.
My oldest daughter's three children have received their doses.
None of us ever got COVID.

My youngest daughter's two children (ages 7 and 3) were not vaccinated because they were too young. The older one got COVID at school (first grade) and brought it home and gave it to his younger brother. The oldest grandson was sick for a day or two. The youngest one had no symptoms. So both my youngest grandchildren suffered no problems as a result.

Over the years, I have received many vaccines. In general, I have had no bad side effects from any vaccine that I ever took. With the exception of one. That was around 50 years ago when I received the vaccine for the BLACK PLAGUE. That vaccine was rough.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:28 pm

So happy to see you, jimmy! ^

I'm glad you seem to be doing well.

Welcome back!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 6:37 pm

Hi Jimmy!

Nice to see you back!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:21 pm

-=-W E L C O M E   B A C K !-=-
-=-W E L C O M E   B A C K !-=-
-=-W E L C O M E   B A C K !-=-

Sorry, jimmy m, this is the best parade I could whip together to welcome you back:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:47 pm

Welcome back!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 7:59 pm

Fantastic to see you back. You have been greatly missed, especially all the useful information about COVID.

How are you doing?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 11:48 am

Thank you for all the good replies.

The stroke really did a number on me. People who have strokes suffer from a variety of different ailments.
In my case I suffered 3 levels of vision loss. I lost my ability to read but not my ability to write. And finally I lost around 90 percent of my words. About 2 percent of my brain cells were destroyed. But the main problem was that my brain cells work in series lines. So in reality, individuals who suffer strokes can lose 20 percent of their brain.

In my case, I hit the ground running after the stroke. I worked very hard right from the beginning to get back to normal. And I have had some success.
I was able to get back some of the losses.

After the stroke, I lost my ability to read (but I didn't lose my ability to write). When I looked at words, they broke apart and became an entirely different alphabet system. One I could not read. I worked real hard to get my reading back. It took me a week to begin to read again. At the beginning 20 minutes reading a three letter word. As I worked at it, I was able to get my speed level back up. I am probably at around the 8th grade level in reading at this time. Still a little bit too slow.

Right after my stroke, I lost most of my knowledge of words. Most of the words that I lost were the simple words, the every day words. Words like "cat" and "dog". The more difficult words were not destroyed. These were words like "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from the movie "Mary Poppins" remained. After the stroke, I found it very difficult to communicate. I have been able to get back around 2/3 s of my words back.

And finally I lost part of my vision. I suffered 3 levels of vision loss.
First level - My right eye decided to go on vacation and became my left eye. As a result, I had two left eyes and no right eye. One of the doctors at the hospital, knew how to fix this condition. He covered my left eye (good eye) for around 5 hours per day. My right eye, lost its sense of direction and moved back slowly to becoming my right eye again. So after a week this problem was corrected.

But then came the next problem. Both my eyes lost their vision on the right side. My eyes were not destroyed by the stroke but somewhere between my eyes and my brain, I have a blindness. After the stroke, I spent about 15 minutes a day trying to see into the invisible side of my view. And then it happened, my eyesight began to move back. This was a dramatic change in my vision but as far as I can tell, not the final cure. The eyes have two levels of vision (forward and side vision). The best I can tell is that I have managed to improve my side vision but my forward vision is still defective.

So anyways, I am a work in progress.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 1:21 pm

Your recent posts do not reflect the problems. Your determination seems to have gotten good results.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2022, 3:36 pm

Glad to hear you've recovered as far as you have, Jimmy :-) You've made very good progress there.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 11:06 am

Seconding the above post, keep on getting well Jimmy

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2022, 12:14 pm

Have had a severe Covid infection, had to be taken to emergency, for about 3 days my living through it was questionable , I did not know which symptoms were part of it and delayed . Thinking it would pass.
After approx 10 days they were able to release me. But still am dealing with after effect symptoms .
And I think this infection has changed me. My level of alertness seems to have changed and still dealing with periodic upper lung irritations . I cannot suggest whether the vaccine is a good thing, And , I am still wondering if there were
Other factors that contributed to how severe, my infection was .

I think it is a judgement call for anyone who gets the vaccine .? Am not sure if I am suppose to get the vaccine now.
But things for me have changed since the hospitalization, Mentally I feel .

where ever you go ,there you are