Autism and the Covid Vaccination: anyone been vaccinated?

Page 4 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 3:37 pm

Received the first shot if Pfizer vaxx today. No issues.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 3:59 pm

Business Insider: "Women reported worse side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine than men, CDC study shows."

It makes no sense to me but our household was consistent with that. I had no side effects; she was very tired the following day--but seemed fine after that. (I think her allergies are bothering her, though. We're starting to get some pollen in the area.)

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 4:06 pm

I'm getting vaccinated soon. I haven't got a date on that yet though.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 8:28 pm

SharonB wrote:
I am the sensitive-to-medication type as well, so I get that concern. Although I've been OD'd on meds by unknowing or ignorant healthcare providers, I have never had a problem with vaccines (asides injection site soreness), nor have my children (one AS, one sensitive NT). In any case my very-sensitive-to-meds-NT dad and my less-sensitive-to-meds-AS mom (both late 70s) are scheduled for their 2nd Pfizer shot tomorrow. The 1st dose was fine (sore arm like flu shot). For the 2nd, they are prepared for malaise for a day afterward. We'll know more by Monday.

Second shot: My AS mother reported that she slept better than usual the night after her second shot (fatigue which she was glad for). My sensitive NT father had no side effects. I hear that elderly may have less response than those younger.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 8:30 pm

I got my first shot of the Moderna today.

I have very slight soreness at the injection site. I have to press on it in order to feel it.

I'm also a little tired; but, in general, the shot hasn't affected me that much.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 10:09 pm

My mom got her first shot of a vaccine yesterday and will be getting her second dose on April 1st.

My NT sister and I will receive our first doses this summer, likely in July.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2021, 10:53 pm

^It might be sooner...

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 8:44 am

My wife received her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. No problems.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 8:46 am

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine will accelerate progress in the administration of vaccines.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 10:08 am

Double Retired wrote:
Business Insider: "Women reported worse side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine than men, CDC study shows."

It makes no sense to me but our household was consistent with that. I had no side effects; she was very tired the following day--but seemed fine after that. (I think her allergies are bothering her, though. We're starting to get some pollen in the area.)

I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday (I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck.Im sore all over. Even my fingers are stiff.) The lady who gave me the vaccine said that The difference in vaccine reaction between men and women probably has to do with testosterone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 10:17 am

I hope you feel much better soon.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 12:46 pm

Experts say you’re more likely to have stronger side effects after a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine than the first dose.

Side effects are typically more pronounced among younger people than older people, likely because their immune systems are more robust.

Source: Here’s Why Your Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Will Likely Have Stronger Side Effects

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2021, 12:56 pm

Are both you and your wife fully vaccinated, Jimmy?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 5:24 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Experts say you’re more likely to have stronger side effects after a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine than the first dose.

Side effects are typically more pronounced among younger people than older people, likely because their immune systems are more robust.

Source: Here’s Why Your Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Will Likely Have Stronger Side Effects

What exactly are the side effects with the second dose? If it involves vomiting and diarrhea then count me out. I'm a serious emetophobe here. And saying "I'd rather vomit than get COVID" doesn't help.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 6:20 pm

I don't think reactions of that sort have happenned.

Have a listen to Prof Spectre's update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJGSb-jQUL0

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 7:54 pm

I had slight chills and body aches yesterday. I got the Moderna on March 9th.