Autism and the Covid Vaccination: anyone been vaccinated?

Page 6 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 1:21 am

My s/dau and I had the second one last Thursday. There were large queues. My s/dau said I wouldn't be up to coping with that. It was agreed I'd wait in the car and she'd get me when it was time. They fast tracked us,which was good of them. I had a mild headache, and my s/dau had a sore arm.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:14 am

Mrs. Fnord and I have both completed our vaccination regimens.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:31 am

My wife became fully vaccinated on January 27th. She received her second Pfizer January 13th.

I became fully vaccinated on April 20th. I received my second Moderna April 6th.

We both got mild side effects. Hers were a little worse after the first shot; mine were a little worse after the second shot.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 26 Apr 2021, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 10:18 am

I got the the Moderna vaccine - first of two so far. Side effects: I was a bit tired and foggy headed for a few days. The first day when I went to bed my feet and - this one is weird - my kneecaps were like ice. That went away the first day.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 12:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
My wife became fully vaccinated on January 27th. She received her second Pfizer January 13th.

I became fully vaccinated on April 20th. I received my second Moderna April 6th.

We both got mild side effects. Hers were a little worse after the first shot; mine were a little worse after the second shot.
I had the second round of Pfizer on March 15. What appears to have been by far my worst allergic reaction to tree pollen was April 24. If my extreme reaction to the pollen was due to the vaccine I would still have gotten the vaccine--I'm retired! A day or two of accomplishing nothing and getting a lot of rest is well within my capabilities.

Alternatively, maybe staying inside most of the time for the last year made the pollen more of a shock for my body?

Excluding the first few days after your second jab, have either of you noticed anything changed afterwards?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 12:52 pm

Absolutely nothing. I'm still the same as before my shots.

After getting COVID, I get dizzy more often, and I have these periods where I "feel like I have a fever," but I actually don't.

I lost about 25 pounds through exercise AFTER getting COVID. I think I'm actually pretty lucky.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 10:58 pm

I got the first Pfizer shot 17 days ago, and only noticed a tiny local soreness. All other indicators have been within my wide normal range.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 11:19 pm

I got the first shot (not sure which it was), I had a sore arm for the rest of the day and the following day, that was it. Certainly no worse than my last tetanus shot. But I do tend to be pretty resilient despite being autistic (yet another example of how I pretty obviously fit the diagnostic criteria but display almost none of the things that are supposedly more common among autistics but are not diagnostic criteria). The (NT) rest of my family got the same one a few days before me, and none of them reported anything worse than a bit of soreness, either.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 11:58 pm

Asple Pie wrote:
There is talk about the vaccination becoming mandatory where I live and I'm terrified. I'm very sensitive to most medications and anything even mildly toxic. I'm sensitive in general. When I take medicines, I usually only need 1/8 of the recommended dose to work, if I take more I usually get bad side effects.

I think my sensitivity might be related to being autistic, but of course not every autistic person would experience this.

Please, if any of you have had the shot, would you talk about how it was, how it effected you, how long ago.

If you haven't had it, are you planning on getting it when it becomes available?

I'm also highly sensitive to medication, I take baby sized doses of all my prescriptions, I've had two strokes involving blood clots, and I was paranoid about the fact these vaccines weren't tested on an autistic population. I was finally pressured into getting a Pfizer vaccine last week somewhat against my better judgement and with many reservations. I must admit that I had absolutely no adverse effects at all other than a few hours of a slightly stiff shoulder, which is no big deal at all. My second dose will be in mid-August. I hope they know more about the effects by then, with continued research, but for now I feel fine.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 5:28 am

My husband and I got our first shots a couple weeks ago. I was only nervous because I didn't know which vaccine it would be. There was no information available and everything was shrouded in secrecy. I was ready to refuse if it was AstraZeneca. Not because of the risk, but because of the worry about risk. Anybody with anxiety disorder would understand. If I had to watch myself for symptoms for up to 20 days that would be unbearable for my anxiety. As I work at home and don't even go shopping, I could wait a few more weeks for other vaccines.

It turned out to be Pfizer so no trouble. We both had sore arms. Mine was worse than his and I also got a slight fever. Both of our kids are booked for next week. I don't expect anything unusual with them either. They're not sensitive to pain or have any phobias. Thank goodness that Canada doesn't give AstraZeneca for first dose any more.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 5:42 am

I'm scared to get vaccinated. I don't know what's put into it. I don't want to get an achey arm either, which seems to be the most common side effect. I know people here will say that getting COVID will be even more painful but judging by my good health I'll probably more likely to be asymptomatic if I did ever get COVID. It seems that the healthier you are the more side effects you get from the vaccine.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 7:24 pm

Still waiting for mine *sigh*
Australia is lagging behind, I think

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 7:49 pm

I am vaccinated. Finished April 29.

There is no reason not to get vaccinated and lots to get vaccinated, like controlling a pandemic that has killed 600,000 people in the US. The vaccine is not just for you.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:30 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
The vaccine is not just for you.
So true. My bride and I are both fully vaccinated but I am still sheltering at home as much as possible. Since the vaccines aren't perfect, none of us is really safe until most people are fully-vaccinated.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:44 pm

Well nobody should be made to be vaccinated. If some people want to be unprotected then that should be their choice, as long as the people who want to be protected are protected, then what's the problem?

In countries like the UK, putting yourself at risk of illness and death is a choice, which is why smoking still exists. People who smoke don't seem to mind increasing their chances of cancer and heart disease, while non-smokers choose to look after their body by not smoking. So the same goes for COVID. If you don't want to become ill or die from COVID, have the vaccine. If you want to put yourself at risk of getting ill from COVID then don't have the vaccine. If it was a choice, most people still will choose to get vaccinated.

And I'm sick and tired of this conversation:
-You must get the vaccine to protect yourself and other people!
--But other people will be protected if they choose to have the vaccine
-No they won't, as the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus
--Then why are we all getting vaccinated then?
-Because it stops you from getting ill from COVID
--THEN WHAT IS THE f*****g PROBLEM THEN???

To put it simply, Peter, Paul and Jane have all had their vaccines and so if they get the virus they will not become ill. John and Lucy chose not to have their vaccines but they are not putting Peter, Paul or Jane at risk because they are already protected from getting ill. John and Lucy are only at risk to each other but it was their choice.

And before someone here replies saying "why would you want to risk getting ill from COVID?" then try asking a smoker why they want to risk getting ill with lung cancer. Same difference, don't you see?

Democracy = choice, not dictatorship.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 8:54 pm

^^ The vaccines are not perfect, and may be quickly losing the race against new variants. However, they do help. One of the worst things about Covid 19 is that a person can feel healthy, yet be spreading it to many others, some of whom will die, and others may have severe, lingering health issues.
Ordinarily, I am all for minimum government interference, but this is a case where the greatest good for the greatest number involves maximum vaccination rates. There are all kinds of reasons not to like how we got here, and who else is involved, but we are stuck with the situation like a flooded city. Whining about things won't clean the mud out.