Nervous about the damage I'm doing to my body

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 6:00 pm

I was supposed to be a sleep right now but I'm too nervous. I had an appointment with a psychiatrist today and while I have yet to hear about any diagnosis, he did mention that if the new medication he was going to prescribe did not work to help with my eating issues, I should go to the gp and get referred to the eating disorder clinic. This makes me think he most likely thinks I have an eating disorder and I know for certain that I must be doing damage to my body as I have been dealing with binge eating and behaviours to try to offset it for about 5-6 years. I've been given a low dose of fluoxetine and I believe he said if it didn't help within 4-6 weeks I should tell the gp and get referred. It's not that long but I am scared about the damage I can do in that time. I've been having more issues with the restrictive side of things this month, going many days of the week without eating any meals and maybe one snack which has made me quite weak and dizzy and I will probably end up binge eating again soon. From my research I saw usually medication is given alongside help specifically for eating disorders (I am in therapy atm but its more general) but maybe he was cautious about referring me straight away due to the lack of funding to the NHS. I'm just quite scared about the added damage I could end up doing to myself in the mean time but hopefully it can't be much more. I hope if I do go back they can refer me in an ok amount of time bc I'm probably destroying my metabolism with my weight yoyoing. Just very scared, especially as it has been getting worse over time :/

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 6:23 pm

lvpin wrote:
I was supposed to be a sleep right now but I'm too nervous. I had an appointment with a psychiatrist today and while I have yet to hear about any diagnosis, he did mention that if the new medication he was going to prescribe did not work to help with my eating issues, I should go to the gp and get referred to the eating disorder clinic. This makes me think he most likely thinks I have an eating disorder and I know for certain that I must be doing damage to my body as I have been dealing with binge eating and behaviours to try to offset it for about 5-6 years. I've been given a low dose of fluoxetine and I believe he said if it didn't help within 4-6 weeks I should tell the gp and get referred. It's not that long but I am scared about the damage I can do in that time. I've been having more issues with the restrictive side of things this month, going many days of the week without eating any meals and maybe one snack which has made me quite weak and dizzy and I will probably end up binge eating again soon. From my research I saw usually medication is given alongside help specifically for eating disorders (I am in therapy atm but its more general) but maybe he was cautious about referring me straight away due to the lack of funding to the NHS. I'm just quite scared about the added damage I could end up doing to myself in the mean time but hopefully it can't be much more. I hope if I do go back they can refer me in an ok amount of time bc I'm probably destroying my metabolism with my weight yoyoing. Just very scared, especially as it has been getting worse over time :/

Might consider starting with some fruit smoothies that you can add protein powder to, make sure you get a type of smoothie that is appealing to your tastebuds. And add that to your diet . You probably need to do this as regularity as you take an medicines . You might seek out a Naturopathic doctor , whom probably, give you the best service , you could do for your body . Making your own smoothies from scratch is very easy , with a blender . Getting protein powder into you in a easy to digest format , would probably be best . Good luck with this situation .

where ever you go ,there you are

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 6:35 pm

If you are not eating enough
then the cure is the opposite to being too overweight

eat all the things they tell you not to eat while on a diet

under eating or nervous anorexia is quiet common in young woman
and likely even more common in those with ASD, due to the nervous disposition one often finds themselves in

I am friends with one girl who is absolutely beautiful who had the same problem, who went through similar problems
I told her the same thing after I researched the problem myself

She started to eat some really yummy "bad" food on a regular basis, the stuff dieters such as myself
actually love, and have to cut out or we end up 100 stone over weight

food like full fat cheese, ice cream, cake, chocolate, bread, pizza, full sugar cola, alcohol
all the great food stuff that causes obesity

is actually ideal for helping people gain weight and pretty quick
if you can allow yourself to eat

just think of all the great food you can now eat that you have missed out on
like normal dieting

you have to try and get these foods into your diet on a regular basis
(instead of removing these things from your diet to lose weight, you need to add these to your diet to easily gain weight).

smoothies, especially ones from leading stores such as M+S, are healthy but also fairly crammed with calories
due to the fruit and dairy content

but also are highly delicious

you wont do too much damage eating these (unless you over do the dairy and the alcohol)
try not to worry

until you find yourself clinically overweight
and then you just need to pull back on the unlimited food

and just learn to eat these in moderation
good luck

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:12 am

Jakki wrote:
lvpin wrote:

Might consider starting with some fruit smoothies that you can add protein powder to, make sure you get a type of smoothie that is appealing to your tastebuds. And add that to your diet . You probably need to do this as regularity as you take an medicines . You might seek out a Naturopathic doctor , whom probably, give you the best service , you could do for your body . Making your own smoothies from scratch is very easy , with a blender . Getting protein powder into you in a easy to digest format , would probably be best . Good luck with this situation .

I will try that. One of the big things that triggers me is the feeling of being full but I also worry about not having enough nutrients from not eating so it might help with the shakiness/weakness. Thank you!

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:16 am

madbutnotmad wrote:
If you are not eating enough
then the cure is the opposite to being too overweight

eat all the things they tell you not to eat while on a diet

under eating or nervous anorexia is quiet common in young woman
and likely even more common in those with ASD, due to the nervous disposition one often finds themselves in

I am friends with one girl who is absolutely beautiful who had the same problem, who went through similar problems
I told her the same thing after I researched the problem myself

She started to eat some really yummy "bad" food on a regular basis, the stuff dieters such as myself
actually love, and have to cut out or we end up 100 stone over weight

food like full fat cheese, ice cream, cake, chocolate, bread, pizza, full sugar cola, alcohol
all the great food stuff that causes obesity

is actually ideal for helping people gain weight and pretty quick
if you can allow yourself to eat

just think of all the great food you can now eat that you have missed out on
like normal dieting

you have to try and get these foods into your diet on a regular basis
(instead of removing these things from your diet to lose weight, you need to add these to your diet to easily gain weight).

smoothies, especially ones from leading stores such as M+S, are healthy but also fairly crammed with calories
due to the fruit and dairy content

but also are highly delicious

you wont do too much damage eating these (unless you over do the dairy and the alcohol)
try not to worry

until you find yourself clinically overweight
and then you just need to pull back on the unlimited food

and just learn to eat these in moderation
good luck

Funnily enough I'm overweight a bit rn but I am trying to fight against myself with the not eating, it is just really hard because, for example, I ate breakfast today and it caused a lot of anxiety and made me cry. Also on days where I restrict I seem to only eat junk but a very tiny controlled amount. I'm sure with help I will improve though and I'm trying to be more relaxed with it.