I am fed up with their drama

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:31 pm

I have been dealing with a couple of autistic adults who have some serious issues and enjoy creating drama next also being extremely mature.

1. One of them always complains why she can't seem to get services she needs and always seems to take some legal action. She will do this to the point of turning others off. She also finds a way to make it about her.

2. Her friend is also a downer and always wants "Friends," and he gets together with them before going behind their back and complain they are not good enough for them.

I recently got fed up with their drama a few months ago and even told them how I felt. However, all they want to do was blame me for things and twist th :x e things around. They both snitched on me to their parents, who got involved and told me to leave them alone or take legal action against me.

Though I thought it had died down, the autistic woman had the nerve to contact a good friend of mine and say nasty things about me and make it look like I am this controlling person and a rotten friend.

I am so pissed off at her. :x

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:58 pm

Oh my god, that's horrible. What a couple of a-holes!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 5:10 pm

This autistic woman still lives with her parents and she is very spoiled. It also sounds like she starts things and them blames other people.

“Look what they did to me.” It is never her fault.

Other people have told me that it is either her way or no way. If she does not get her way, she can be very destructive.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 5:39 pm

Not sure if you provide services for these women, as in working in the field or whether they are unavoidable in your life, but it’s not uncommon to find some adults on the spectrum with these issues. Some can be highly manipulative, and lack self control, just as NT folk can be. This is where appropriate responding by parents and all others who were role models when these women were younger, could have made a difference to their outcome. Sorry to hear of the stress you’re going through due to their behaviour. It’s not reasonable or mature. The less you’re exposed to them, the better for your own health.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 6:16 pm

I would stay away from them and when they start on again, if they do, don’t respond except to tell them to not contact you again.

If they do not stop, you can seek legal action.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 6:53 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:

Though I thought it had died down, the autistic woman had the nerve to contact a good friend of mine and say nasty things about me and make it look like I am this controlling person and a rotten friend.

Welcome to the club. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 7:01 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
This autistic woman still lives with her parents and she is very spoiled. It also sounds like she starts things and them blames other people.

“Look what they did to me.” It is never her fault.

Other people have told me that it is either her way or no way. If she does not get her way, she can be very destructive.

Is she politically left-leaning? :chin:
This is a joke. :mrgreen:
I have come across 'progressives' that are very binary and partisan in nature.
I hope you aren't one of 'those'. :eew:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 7:03 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:

Oi!
You can't use the 'A' word until you are 18. 8O
Joke. :mrgreen:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 10:12 pm

Nope, I never provided services for either of them. Actually, one of them is a man and the other is a woman. However, they ate immature and co-dependent on their parents.

The woman always seems to play tie victim card.
1. She can’t do this or that because due to this or that related disability related to autism
2. She can never get the accommodations she needs because of some silly reason.
3. Everything is always “The problem is this or that.”
4. Finds a way to make it about her

I tried like to give her some suggestions which she always made excuses for. I also told her to stop complaining only to be told that I am going “The bad guy.”

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 10:11 am

If you are diabetic, you avoid/cut out sugar.
If you are allergic to animal dander, you avoid all fur-bearing animals.
If you are allergic to any type of food, you do not eat it.
If these people are accurately described, they need to be avoided/cut out of your circle of contacts.
You take care of yourself before anyone else, and if they show intermittent hostility towards you, they are detrimental to you, emotionally.
Drop them.
Do not respond to phone or text communications.
You need them out of your life.
They are toxic.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 12:01 pm

Sylkat wrote:
If these people are accurately described, they need to be avoided/cut out of your circle of contacts.
You take care of yourself before anyone else, and if they show intermittent hostility towards you, they are detrimental to you, emotionally.
Drop them.
They are toxic.

Quote:
Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.[3]

Max Ehrmann, 1948

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 2:42 pm

Pepe wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

Oi!
You can't use the 'A' word until you are 18. 8O
Joke. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I don't like using swear words in general lol... if I use one I censor it

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 8:42 pm

According to her parents, she is not to start anything more with me. Her parents promised me.

As for my friend, he did not respond to her, rather he shared her message with myself and another friend who runs a autism group.

My second friend, who runs the group called her on the carpet and kicked her out of the group because she is spreading trouble. Evidently this autistic woman could not understand why she was being banned.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 10:09 pm

Is there some reason that you are not breaking off your relationship with these people?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

22 Feb 2021, 8:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
Drop them.
They are toxic.

Quote:
Desiderata
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.[3]

Max Ehrmann, 1948

Please, God, not the Desiderata again. Why..

Not all loud extrovert people are toxic. Extroverts feel positive while more social and loud while introverts frel worse, only extroverts can fake it til they make it.

Additionally we are ilogically shaped by our trauma to patternize certain qualities people have as linked to traumatic behavior. I used to believe polygamous people were the worst, yet here I am.

Although my label is not quite there because I believe the only way for me to enjoy the qualities of polygamy is not actually having as much responsibility to talk about the partners i get anew or be so involved as with monogamous relationships. Freedom has to go beyond if it's freedom. I wanna do whatever I want at any given moment, right?

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 6:04 pm

I don’t believe the categorization of introvert vs. extrovert is what the Desiderata is referring to.
The phrase is ‘loud and aggressive ‘.
The initial post refers to 2 people who deliberately manipulate and use and hurt people, and drag others into drama that they have deliberately created, for attention.
I do not believe that people like that will change, and I hope that they will be avoided.