Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:36 pm

Hello
I was thinking that as Housing for people with ASD is still fairly rare,
I was thinking that perhaps it would be an idea for one or more of us to draw up a petition
which could be given to various charities or campaigners in order to collect signatures
from people in order to get a big enough following that you could then get your local politicians
to realize that this is an issue that needs to be sorted out!! !

what do you guys (and girls) think about such an idea?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 5:50 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Hello
I was thinking that as Housing for people with ASD is still fairly rare,
I was thinking that perhaps it would be an idea for one or more of us to draw up a petition
which could be given to various charities or campaigners in order to collect signatures
from people in order to get a big enough following that you could then get your local politicians
to realize that this is an issue that needs to be sorted out!! !

what do you guys (and girls) think about such an idea?

Good idea.

Of course it would be a whole lot easier to collect signatures for such a petition if we had a bigger and better-organized autistic community than now exists. This is one of the many reasons why reasons why we need to build the autistic community.

In the meantime, you might try contacting the Autscape folks for permission to collect signatures at the next Autscape. Ditto for any parent/professional-dominated autism organizations that hold conferences in your area.