Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 10:49 am

O boy...

Iran’s Khamenei issues fatwa saying women in cartoons must wear hijab:

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/midd ... wear-hijab

Rapunzel’s hair would need the whole laundry.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 1:51 pm

I see. That will get a lot of stuff taken off air...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:53 pm

All of that "Frozen" merchandise that I have to count when we inventory stores!

What if it were all redone so that those two sisters were wearing hijabs?

The whole world's economy would collapse if they had to make a special duplicate "Iranian friendly" version of every Frozen tie-in product! :lol:

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:47 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
All of that "Frozen" merchandise that I have to count when we inventory stores!

What if it were all redone so that those two sisters were wearing hijabs?

The whole world's economy would collapse if they had to make a special duplicate "Iranian friendly" version of every Frozen tie-in product! :lol:

Yeah, it wouldn't be good.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:19 pm

Iran is even more fascist than we were during Trump’s presidency.

If full-frontal nudity is banned in any art, that’s a sign of fascism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 10:05 am

What are they going to do? They should make their own cartoons then because I don't think that any artists in western countries who make them would pay any attention to that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 10:08 am

Jono wrote:
What are they going to do? They should make their own cartoons then because I don't think that any artists in western countries who make them would pay any attention to that.
They would first have to develop a sense of humor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 12:21 pm

Jono wrote:

Neither the Japanese animators.

O..l bet those annoy him even more.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

He saw Jessica Rabbit and got all hot and bothered.

toadsnail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2021, 3:41 pm

Shouldn't they be taking it a bit easier with their "anti-western" rhetoric at this moment when they actually have a better chance at dialogue?

I wonder if the grand ayatollah is playing some sort of 4D chess move or if he's just senile and out of touch with reality.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 8:12 am

toadsnail wrote:
Shouldn't they be taking it a bit easier with their "anti-western" rhetoric at this moment when they actually have a better chance at dialogue?

I wonder if the grand ayatollah is playing some sort of 4D chess move or if he's just senile and out of touch with reality.

Actually I found Trump's policy with them was very reasonable (believe it or not, most Arab nations support Trump and friends with republicans in general) - I don't like Biden's attempt to revive to nuclear deal and removing the Houthis from the terrorist list , those Radical Iranians can only be reasoned with the the only language they understand: to strike them down.

https://www.reuters.com/article/iran-nu ... SKBN2AM1YV --> You will lose your Arab allies with the Biden's policy (like back in Obama's era) very very soon, and the Arab nations and even Israel will not keep watching an insane nation developing any nuclear capabilities; they will have to take a military action and tell you (and the Europeans) to shove this nuclear deal in the ass.

Probably even Biden is starting to get it now, hopefully:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/poli ... index.html

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 12:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
toadsnail wrote:

Actually I found Trump's policy with them was very reasonable (believe it or not, most Arab nations support Trump and friends with republicans in general) - I don't like Biden's attempt to revive to nuclear deal and removing the Houthis from the terrorist list , those Radical Iranians can only be reasoned with the the only language they understand: to strike them down.

https://www.reuters.com/article/iran-nu ... SKBN2AM1YV --> You will lose your Arab allies with the Biden's policy (like back in Obama's era) very very soon, and the Arab nations and even Israel will not keep watching an insane nation developing any nuclear capabilities; they will have to take a military action and tell you (and the Europeans) to shove this nuclear deal in the ass.

Probably even Biden is starting to get it now, hopefully:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/25/poli ... index.html

Reading your post and knowing nothing else about it makes me think Biden already gets it.. sounds to me like the Biden administration is intentionally destabilizing relationships in order to poke the beast and provoke a war. The USA has been at war almost every year of it's existence.. they have a war based economy.. they need fireworks popping off somewhere to keep their military industrial complex going. If they're making moves that could cause war, especially if they have plausible deniability.. it's intentional, IMO.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 12:36 am

Misslizard wrote:
He saw Jessica Rabbit and got all hot and bothered.

Ms. J.R. with and without hijab...

Source 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.