Almost half of Republican voters would dump the GOP to join

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:18 pm

Quote:
Almost half of Republican voters would dump the GOP to join a 'Trump Party'

Almost half of Republican voters would dump the GOP to join a political party headed up by former president Donald Trump, according to a new Suffolk University-USA Today poll.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_623 ... 20%20share

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 6:56 pm

I'd say "go right ahead!"

This guarantees a Democratic victory in 2024.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 7:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'd say "go right ahead!"

This guarantees a Democratic victory in 2024.

Yup.
'Trump', the great disruptor.

Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. "Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions." I didn't say that. Honey badger.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 8:41 pm

My dad actually left the Republican party when Trump was acquitted, because it's become too close to a "Trump" party for him. He was the only Republican in my household. He also voted against Trump in both elections he was in.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

I’m triple A - aromantic, asexual, and agender.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 12:46 am

Is the same as the Patriot party?

Mr Reynholm
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2021, 9:27 am

Even though it would split the conservative vote, its still not a bad idea. The career politician Republicans are a spineless lot more concerned about being liked by the corupt media than doing the right thing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 9:37 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Even though it would split the conservative vote, its still not a bad idea. The career politician Republicans are a spineless lot more concerned about being liked by the corupt media than doing the right thing.
While the rest are openly happy about their intolerance for anyone who does not agree with or support them.

Donald J. Trump may yet prove to be the best thing to ever happen for the Democrats since 1828.

Mr Reynholm
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2021, 10:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
While the rest are openly happy about their intolerance for anyone who does not agree with or support them.

Donald J. Trump may yet prove to be the best thing to ever happen for the Democrats since 1828.

You have that backwards. The Republicans in congress never fail to cow-tow to the Democrats.
The Left is intolerant of anyone, even in the own ranks, who stray from ideological purity. i.e. - Cancel Culture

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 12:16 pm

This would be music to Biden's ears

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 6:07 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
The Left is intolerant of anyone, even in the own ranks, who stray from ideological purity. i.e. - Cancel Culture

:lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 9:20 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You have that backwards. The Republicans in congress never fail to cow-tow to the Democrats.

What we call cancel culture had been carried out by the right for decades. Think only of the Red Scare when countless Americans lost their jobs for having leftist affiliations, how much of Hollywood's artistic community was blacklisted, and the civil rights movement had been painted by the right with the communism brush. Now the right is learning what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 11:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

What we call cancel culture had been carried out by the right for decades. Think only of the Red Scare when countless Americans lost their jobs for having leftist affiliations, how much of Hollywood's artistic community was blacklisted, and the civil rights movement had been painted by the right with the communism brush. Now the right is learning what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

So, you are admitting cancel culture is bad, no matter which side of the political divide?

And one more thing,

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 1:14 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

So, you are admitting cancel culture is bad, no matter which side of the political divide?

I don't recall ever saying it was good. I could care less about Confederate statues, as they were a bunch of traitors, but it's obviously getting out of hand.

Mr Reynholm
Toucan
Toucan

24 Feb 2021, 9:43 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Exactly Pepe. It seems to be an admission that today's Left is no better than the Right wingers of the past. Its all about revenge.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 5:57 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

Exactly Pepe. It seems to be an admission that today's Left is no better than the Right wingers of the past. Its all about revenge.

More hypocrisy than you can shake a stick at.
But such is politics. :eew:

And one more thing,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:31 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

The right wingers of the present are a pretty scary bunch