Threats to Capital during State of The Union Message

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 7:31 pm

Police chief reveals far-right plot to ‘blow up the Capitol’ during Biden’s State of the Union

Quote:
Far-right extremists are threatening to “blow up” the U.S. Capitol during President Biden’s State of the Union address in hopes of killing dozens of members of Congress, a top security official told lawmakers on Thursday.

Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman made the disturbing revelation in testimony before the House Appropriations Committee while justifying the need for keeping strict security measures in place at the Capitol in the wake of last month’s deadly pro-Trump attack.

“We know members of the militia groups that were present on Jan. 6 have stated their desires that they want to blow up the Capitol and kill as many members as possible with a direct nexus to the State of the Union,” said Pittman, who took over as chief after her predecessor, Steven Sund, resigned in the immediate aftermath of the Capitol assault.

Pittman said intelligence agents, likely from the FBI, have come across the threats of mass violence in chatter on encrypted internet forums, underscoring that the prospect of more far-right attacks is of key concern to U.S. law enforcement agencies.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 7:35 pm

I feel like extra security measures should be implemented until at least March 4th (the day when Trump is supposed to be "inaugurated").

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 9:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel like extra security measures should be implemented until at least March 4th (the day when Trump is supposed to be "inaugurated").
I have it on good authority that steps are being taken to ensure a safe and secure event.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 3:02 pm

Do they ever learn?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 6:24 am

NaturalEntity wrote:
Do they ever learn?

When you are a member of a cult the endgame is fulfilling prophecy

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 1:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
Do they ever learn?

Unfortunately, yes. I'm glad the authorities are acting on it instead of just thinking 'oh it's just talk they won't actually come and do anything' like last time. (Yes, the FBI saw the plans and thought it was all talk the first time.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2021, 5:54 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:
Do they ever learn?

Unfortunately, yes. I'm glad the authorities are acting on it instead of just thinking 'oh it's just talk they won't actually come and do anything' like last time. (Yes, the FBI saw the plans and thought it was all talk the first time.)

Let's hope so :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 12:35 am

More right wing extremists that trump supporters and right wing media types claim don't exist.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 12:47 am

goldfish21 wrote:
More right wing extremists that trump supporters and right wing media types claim don't exist.
If something happens, then the Left was correct; if nothing happens, then QAnon was wrong.  Simple.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 11:25 am

US gov't should just keep announcing ever more public speaking events and let the extremists keep posting their threats and revealing their identities.

Seems pretty easy.. like shooting fish in a barrel, easy. :D